Old 06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^nopethe texas giant but that would not fit with stock heads lol
Old 06-17-2008, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
LOL james the MS3 is bigger then the torquer. I believe that the MS4 is the biggest off the shelf cam that TSP offers.
Alex, I wasn't comparing either of the cams that were mentioned as to which was bigger.
I was just saying that just b/c a cam has a larger amount of lift doesn't mean it's the BETTER cam! I was just saying that depending on what you want to do with the car will be the deciding factor on which cam to choose!
Don't think Bigger is Better like your ex ole lady! J/K!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That was cute james with the ex thing . I think I'll be happy with that cam it will run off a stock tune ok for a while, no flycutting, still makes a flat torque curve ect. Only thing is the $$. 1,886.98 for the package with gaskets and new timing chain, I would like to get some new lifters with that too + a tune to get her idling right and daily drivable. 130 for LS7 lifters and I have no idea how much for a good tune that someone won't lock and however much shipping will be. Probably looking at 2200 out the door for it all. ******* 10K in CC bills are kicking my *** right now.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I have the same problem with the credit cards too!
It sucks Donkey D!ck
Wish I could file bankruptcy on everything and start fresh!
Of course after I built my car with credit cards I'd never intend on paying back. But thats not the responsible thing to do now is it?? So just gonna pay them off and my student loans and then do whatever the hell I want to after those are paid!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

That was cute james with the ex thing . I think I'll be happy with that cam it will run off a stock tune ok for a while, no flycutting, still makes a flat torque curve ect. Only thing is the $$. 1,886.98 for the package with gaskets and new timing chain, I would like to get some new lifters with that too + a tune to get her idling right and daily drivable. 130 for LS7 lifters and I have no idea how much for a good tune that someone won't lock and however much shipping will be. Probably looking at 2200 out the door for it all. ******* 10K in CC bills are kicking my *** right now.
Alex, pm dheck for any and all things tuning related. He tuned John's car and countless other cars in the area. He knows his **** and is local to Indianapolis.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

just dont run them up again lol

and now lookin at 2 weeks or less and im gonna call pro dyno tech for the install and tune
Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by agrV8dta
Alex, pm dheck for any and all things tuning related. He tuned John's car and countless other cars in the area. He knows his **** and is local to Indianapolis.
Yeah I keep hearing his name about tuning I need to make sure he doesn't lock it though. I plan on picking up an O2 and HP Tuners and learn me some tuning. First and formost I need to get the bills down so it probably won't be happening this summer. Gotta get the old car sold or running, and grab a beater so I'm not running my car up in milage and my new one can be down for more then a day and a half. **** if I could get my monthly CC bills dead that is like 500-600 a month spendable cash. I should be getting hired here at lockheed sometime soon and be getting a $4 hour raise (hello 50K a year finally). Once car is paid another 420 will be freed up too. May be looking at a house and a APS twin setup then .
Old 06-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I keep hearing his name about tuning I need to make sure he doesn't lock it though. I plan on picking up an O2 and HP Tuners and learn me some tuning. First and formost I need to get the bills down so it probably won't be happening this summer. Gotta get the old car sold or running, and grab a beater so I'm not running my car up in milage and my new one can be down for more then a day and a half. **** if I could get my monthly CC bills dead that is like 500-600 a month spendable cash. I should be getting hired here at lockheed sometime soon and be getting a $4 hour raise (hello 50K a year finally). Once car is paid another 420 will be freed up too. May be looking at a house and a APS twin setup then .
Priorities brotha.........your doing right. As far as the locked tune goes pm him about that, but Im pretty sure he doesnt/wont. It's funny you mention the aps system, cause I just PM'd him about installing a TTI single front mount on mine in about a month. Good luck with the new job!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by agrV8dta
Priorities brotha.........your doing right. As far as the locked tune goes pm him about that, but Im pretty sure he doesnt/wont. It's funny you mention the aps system, cause I just PM'd him about installing a TTI single front mount on mine in about a month. Good luck with the new job!
Ohh interesting . How big that turbo going to be on that beyotch. TTI makes a bad *** system.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Ohh interesting . How big that turbo going to be on that beyotch. TTI makes a bad *** system.
The T76 is prolly what I will end up with. It won't boost as quick as the 60-1 but will be a better fit for a bigger motor( down the road). Think 408!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow......you can tell who reads on the toilet.....

i was refering to the comp. ration as well as flycutting the pistons....i can look on any fbody site and see the specs on the cam....then right below it tells the power ranges....

so
Old 06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot

i was refering to the comp. ration as well as flycutting the pistons....i can look on any fbody site and see the specs on the cam....then right below it tells the power ranges....

so
OR who reads in general
side note: have you and Krystal seen "Hulk" yet?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

ghey.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
ghey.
stop it
Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

LOL
You guys are nuts....
Any Plans for this weekend? If it doesn't rain!

I should have the camaro almost ready to start putting the motor back in. Probably about 2 weeks away. Finally got all of the new gaskets for the new engine. (The old gaskets were torn.) Finishing up under the hood with all the painting. I'm gonna have to do a few side jobs after that to get the headers, ORY, O2 Sims, and motor mounts and then other misc. crap! Hoping for this to be running come mid July or Early August! We'll see!

I'm anxious to see how well it does at the track before this winter when I do the h/c/i package. Along with the suspension, stall, and gears.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot

so
Yeah read on the toilet thats it.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Launching!

I hope something pops off this wknd im ready to do some damn racing haha havnt raced my car but one time and that was 2 months ago. And the track but still haha
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about the only ls1 car running at its full potential is a bolt-on car. go ahead and swap heads, cam, and intakes...add headers and n2o. that way you can go low 12s.

that's how indianapolis rolls.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by s346k
about the only ls1 car running at its full potential is a bolt-on car. go ahead and swap heads, cam, and intakes...add headers and n2o. that way you can go low 12s.

that's how indianapolis rolls.
Haha im already in the 12's on street tires. Granted it is kinda high but for a dd for me its got enough haha
Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
LOL
You guys are nuts....
Any Plans for this weekend? If it doesn't rain!

I should have the camaro almost ready to start putting the motor back in. Probably about 2 weeks away. Finally got all of the new gaskets for the new engine. (The old gaskets were torn.) Finishing up under the hood with all the painting. I'm gonna have to do a few side jobs after that to get the headers, ORY, O2 Sims, and motor mounts and then other misc. crap! Hoping for this to be running come mid July or Early August! We'll see!

I'm anxious to see how well it does at the track before this winter when I do the h/c/i package. Along with the suspension, stall, and gears.
Why you going to be wasting money on O2 sims? Just deal with the SES light or do the leadfoot mod and black it out. Your gonna have to tune it after the cam anyways, and if you wanted to be **** after the headers and again after the cam. I been running mine without a tune for the headers for a while just a little rich not hurting anything.

Quick Reply: Indy People; LS1Tech meet on 5-24-08