Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People; LS1Tech meet on 5-24-08

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
$3.50 vs $4 / gal...is a difference of $8 assuming a 16 gal fill up. assuming a tank a week it's only $32 a month. if one can't squander $32 a month extra to put gas in a car, perhaps one should visit the yaris stealership.
probably even less for some that just use their toy cars on the weekend or short jogs to nice places during the week
Old 08-06-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
i swapped my 305 for an iron duke... its hella fast

LOL shoulda went with a quad four. Friends beretta made so much power it shot a plug out of a head. It's cool though we JB welded it back in and sold it
Old 08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1987firechicken
LOL shoulda went with a quad four. Friends beretta made so much power it shot a plug out of a head. It's cool though we JB welded it back in and sold it
i think my buddy's sister bought that car. we never could figure out how she pulled that sr71 blackbird from a mach-***** roll.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

It's got DOHC man. Vtek like a mother ******. Vtek > jet planes
Old 08-06-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

greensburg would be cool.....and on the way make a TERROR pass back though shelbytucky and stirr up the town and po po

hit me up sat......i gotta work on sat so will be in bed at like 9 cause i'm an old man with no life working all the time
Old 08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
i think we should find some new places to go other than 31s and the suds.....im thinking about a thread to get all the other surrounding members in on this.....i know we had a blast when we went to shelbyville.....untill the end....but ne ways....lets think about going to other places....i know copcar is from martinsville....there has to be tech members and locals down there to hang out with.....WHERE ELSE IS THERE TO GO.....
any members within an hour of indy....we should all cruise down/over/up there and hang out!!!!

As you know I'm in Nobletucky and we cruise up through Cicero to Tipton sometimes. Lots of Ricers up there that think they make HP. There is a 2002 collectors edition T/A up there with a hottie driving it....
Old 08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
greensburg would be cool.....and on the way make a TERROR pass back though shelbytucky and stirr up the town and po po

hit me up sat......i gotta work on sat so will be in bed at like 9 cause i'm an old man with no life working all the time
hey john now your talking about my neck of the woods haha but me and my buddie tony we talking about coming up to indy saturday. They are wanting to hit 31! I SAID **** THAT!! haha let me get ahold of some of the guys i cruised with now thats how you cruise indy!!!! lol so iono what is going on this saturday but fill me in, make sure joe can hang haha havnt talk to any of you guys in a good while!!! hopefully my brakes and rotors come today!!! GRRRRR!! lol hit me up guys peace!!!

P.S. i work all the time but i work 2nd thats the real life right there !!! lol
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
john - we could go to greensburg one weekend. There are a couple members on here from there. It's a little ways out 74 though... A good 20min if not more??
Im glad chad thought of us here in greenTUCKY!!! lol
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, I don't want to deviate from the "out of town" plans; however, I would like to suggest the MOON DOG TAVERN off of EAST 96th street. I thought this would be a great place to try on a Fridie or Saturday. (1.) The parking lot is huge. (2.) Live bands play outside within the parking area, so we can keep an eye on our stuff. (3.) The atmosphere is great; it's right next to a large man made lake. (4.) for those who wish to drink, you can do it outside in the lot (this is rare although I don't want to promote drunk driving) (5.) last but certainaly not least, for us single individuals, the gilrs are hot!!!!! and plenty of them.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Will there be any man meat for Benny to **** gaze over?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Another thought is Cincinatti Ohio. Although we need to research the area. I have been there often aprox 5 years ago on my crotch rocket and the street scene was off the hook. Even though this is the Midwest, there is actually major elevation changes in Ohio including a couple of look out points on the out skirts of the city. definitly worth bringing the camera. After dark you can see the city from about 800ft; it's incredible. even the city streets have hefty elevation changes. Who knows mabey a hand full of us could get the wheels up traveling up hill from a stop light LOL.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Teching In

I really like the idea of Louisville KY. They have a superior area called 4th STREET. this area contains multilevel bars and lots of outside entertainment. I recently visited the facility 3 monts ago and loved it. I'ts like a smaller version of martygras (no ****!!!!) Lots to look at guys.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Ok, last idea. Chicago Illinois; The street scene is excellent. lots of old school up to today. one of the fantastic sites is Lake Michigan. I swear you cant tell the differance between an ocean coast verses this lake. there is a boluvard that runs along side the lake which looks increadible when lit up at night. If thats not enoughs, the night life is out of this world. this could be pulled off in one saturday night. although its the farthest distance (3.25 hours). I'm originaly from there so navigation shouldn't be an issue. C'mon guys, lets see some more suggestions, I'm open for whatever and sick of US31.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

I'm done with everything....
Cars, money, women, US31, and work too!

Who cares, lets just pick a F*cking spot and cause some chaos!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Well, now that you are talking road trips, come with me up to Detroit for "Dream Cruise" next Saturday. I lived around there on and off for 15 years and used to cruise and race on Woodward Avenue in the late 70's (yes, I've had my license since 1976). There are other hot spots to check out like Telegraph Rd and over on the east side on Gratiot Ave. They don't call it the Motor City for nothing. EVERYONE has a bad ride in Detroit.

I'm leaving Indy around 8am or 9am, and it's 4.5 hours to Livonia, on the west side of Detroit.

There will be more than 40,000 hot rods and stuff. Who cares if the 8 lane divided road is a parking lot when you are in the middle of it!!!

Call my cell; a couple of you guys have it.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Alot of bad rides in Detroit ... I can see that... but alot of people get shot in Detroit too, murder capital of the world. I want to come home with my ride and minus bullet holes and stab wounds. Thats too far for my taste, chicago would be pushing it as well. Not everyone works a 9-5 M-F.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Launching!

let's just all put 24's on our cars and go to ATL.... Or go get sydewayz in Oakland
Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Not everyone works a 9-5 M-F.[/QUOTE]

Very true... i have to work 8-4 M-F i dont have time for the dumb ****
Old 08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Aight guys me and a couple of my buddies are hitting indy saturday night anything going on. cuz if i cant find awhere else to cruise haha we are i guess hitting 31 all night haha
Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

A decision needs to be made, folk. I suggest Moon Dog Tavern on 96th just east of Keystone. It has a nicely lit huge parking lot behind it, the tavern has good food and nice-looking ladies, and it will be something different for a change.

Quick Reply: Indy People; LS1Tech meet on 5-24-08