Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Alright, to take some heat off Shawn and push for conversation elsewhere, I finally got a day off of work so I got a chance to put together the video.

Let me start off by saying, Jakes car is definatly fast, and it was a close run by any means.

Supercharged Z28 vs 03 Cobra
awesome vid ben....u need to make some vids of everyones cars...friday nite would be good video night
Old 06-05-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Damn U *******!!!!!!!!!!! The car is a ****** turd off the bottle!!! If I go to the track I wanna see what it will run not what it will run off the bottle in 1000 degree temps. Not worth it to me. And Terry I will be bringing the PG!! Ur F'd
Bring that ***** pelletgun....we have something for that...its on pal!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
awesome vid ben....u need to make some vids of everyones cars...friday nite would be good video night
Thanks Terry. I'd be glad to put more together for all of us, or whoever individually. I'm not sure if I'll be out Friday night or not as I already have some plans for late afternoon/early evening when I get back from Muncie. I plan to bring the camera down to the track though to record all our slow runs
Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Quiet ole small town of Mentone is having a car show tommorrow night for all the guys not going to the track. It would be nice seeing some cool cars there. It would be cool to see more camaro/trans am/corvettes at a show for once.. Run the oldies out. j/k It will be a nice show though..
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Ben did you see my post about the US41 meet??
Old 06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS1875
Ben did you see my post about the US41 meet??
Yeah I did Darren, but I never emailed the guy about it if thats what you were getting at. I am still very interested in going, and I'll bet there are a few others on here as well.

Is your car going to be up and running in time if it happens?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
For those who want to go to muncie tommorw and travel in a pack Terry, Doug, and Myself will be leaving my place at 7:45 and will be meeting people at the marathon gas station on the corner of coldwater road and washington center road. Let me know so we can look for you their. Thanks

Shocker Doug will be bring a trailor for your TURD....

Any room in your pack for a mustang? Depending on what time i get out of work Fri. morning. i may meet you guys up at marathon.

Lucas
Old 06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Any room in your pack for a mustang? Depending on what time i get out of work Fri. morning. i may meet you guys up at marathon.

Lucas
I guess but your gonna have to run in the back we don't want you to get your fluids all over are cars
Old 06-05-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Jake said he might be interested in tagging along as well, so if he goes, you'll have another Mustang buddy to hang out with .
Old 06-05-2008, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I did Darren, but I never emailed the guy about it if thats what you were getting at. I am still very interested in going, and I'll bet there are a few others on here as well.

Is your car going to be up and running in time if it happens?
No, I won't be up and running, I was just thinking that anyone who was interested should call the track and see what the scoop is. Matt D didn't really give me much other than that.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
I guess but your gonna have to run in the back we don't want you to get your fluids all over are cars
Drop my shocks off on your way if they are done. It will give me something to do.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Nice video Ben looks like a close race. I hoping to make it up to Hall's sometime this weekend and get some video.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

if i get my wheel bearings in and installed tomorrow could i tag along as well???? i'll stay in the way way way back
Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

i will make it down there but it will be alot later i gotta work till noon so around 130 or 2 i will make it there i hope....
Old 06-05-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Beast
if i get my wheel bearings in and installed tomorrow could i tag along as well???? i'll stay in the way way way back
Too funny beast. Both wheel bearings dead on the civic? Hell I wish I could tag along, but I'm stuck in PA right now too. Doesn't help that the Firebird is dead at home too. Opti took poop. Maybe get an MSD now? At least I get to go to the Pocono race for free sunday.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by halucinator
Too funny beast. Both wheel bearings dead on the civic? Hell I wish I could tag along, but I'm stuck in PA right now too. Doesn't help that the Firebird is dead at home too. Opti took poop. Maybe get an MSD now? At least I get to go to the Pocono race for free sunday.
nope finally got rims and tires for the beast, did a small 2500rpm-ish launch, and snapped 3 wheel studs ... so i got arp studs for the front wheels. and to get the old studs out and the new ones in i had to press the hubs out of the spindles, press the bearings off the hubs, press out the old studs, press the new studs in, press the bearings back on the hub only to find out that the bearings that i got from the dealership were the wrong ones, but i got the correct ones from advanced auto tonight so i'm skipping my lunch break and putting it all back together tomorrow.......

thank god i work at c&p lol
Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2000NHRAFormula
i will make it down there but it will be alot later i gotta work till noon so around 130 or 2 i will make it there i hope....
don't the gates open at 6pm?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Alright, to take some heat off Shawn and push for conversation elsewhere, I finally got a day off of work so I got a chance to put together the video.

Let me start off by saying, Jakes car is definatly fast, and it was a close run by any means.

Supercharged Z28 vs 03 Cobra
Awesome vid Ben
Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Beast
nope finally got rims and tires for the beast, did a small 2500rpm-ish launch, and snapped 3 wheel studs ... so i got arp studs for the front wheels. and to get the old studs out and the new ones in i had to press the hubs out of the spindles, press the bearings off the hubs, press out the old studs, press the new studs in, press the bearings back on the hub only to find out that the bearings that i got from the dealership were the wrong ones, but i got the correct ones from advanced auto tonight so i'm skipping my lunch break and putting it all back together tomorrow.......

thank god i work at c&p lol
Yea being at C&P is a plus, sounds like a wheel bearing job for DSM's too. Definetly a chore and day event for me.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LTwonZ
Nice video Ben looks like a close race. I hoping to make it up to Hall's sometime this weekend and get some video.
Thanks Dan. And thanks again for letting me borrow your skinnies. I tried mounting them on, but they "snug" up to my bear calipers even with the spacers on them, so it ends up I won't be able to use them after all. Thanks for trying to help me out anyways though. If you're gonna be out Saturday night, give me a call, and I'll bring your skinnies back to you. And, I still owe you a ride.

Originally Posted by 2000NHRAFormula
We are leaving at like 8am, I think gates open at 10am. Not sue how late it will be open for, but I planned on staying till like 3, so hope to see you down there.

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
Awesome vid Ben
Thanks Jake. I can get you your own copy if you'd like. Are you going to be able to go to Muncie with us?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!