Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Nick's car will never be done because he keeps changing the damn setup!
Love you to?

At least I'm changing it for the better, yes?

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Not to mention he never works on it.

It will be done by june though right lol
yeah, june 2010
Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, how much lag will that 88mm Turbo give you? I am just curious. I was thinking about a 76mm turbo for the Supra I don't have. With that I should see full boost at about 5,000 RPM giving me a whopping 2,000 RPM of usefull full boost before redline. Anything bigger than a 76mm turbo and the lag just gets worse.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Default Samsung Instinct cell phone for sale

I have a 2 day old Samsung Instinct, with clear ESN, original box/papers, car charger, two batteries, seperate battery charger (runs off home charger), home charger, rubber surround. I got this just 2 days ago from Sprint (brand new, not refurbished). I decided to get HTC Pro instead.

I have owned an INstinct for over a year, since they first came out....this one was reveived when my original one fell (on its own accord) and the screen messed up. They sent me a brand new one (and I bought a rubber surround to prevent damage!). I was looking online and decdied to get a HTC Pro and pay the upgrade fee. This was a $600 phone when I got it, now its $449.00

$125 for everything. I also have a WEP700 Samsung bluetooth that I will sell for $35 IF I cannot use it with my new phone

let me know!
FEATURES:
GPS Navigation
Receive audible and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, map your location, or conduct local searches direct from your handset.

Sprint Mobile Email
Get easy access to your favorite home email services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail, and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail and more...

Sprint Mobile Email Work
Now access your work email directly from your phone. Receive email from Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and Lotus Notes Domino versions 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0.

SMS Text Messaging
Instantly send and receive SMS text messages across the room or around the country.

Visual Voicemail
Visual Voicemail gives you quick and easy access to just the messages you want to listen to by letting you go directly to a specific message, without needing to listen to or skip past previous messages.

2.0 mp camera and camcorder
Shoot and share pictures plus videos with a 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder and view them in your phone's picture gallery. View images and videos in thumbnail mode or scroll through larger previews with filmstrip mode.

Customizable Favorites Menu
Personalize your phone based on the applications most frequently used; assign favorite device activities to the corresponding menu numbers for quick access.

Speech to Action Button
The Speech to Action feature let's you place calls using your voice, store voice reminders, and record voice memos right on your device.

Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar
Have instant access to your work calendar almost anywhere. The Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar tool lets you sync directly with your work calendar in Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes. Enjoy one-click access to your calendar, plus the ability to add new events and get reminders when they come up. The best way to stay connected virtually wherever you go.

Bluetooth® Enabled including Stereo BT profile
Enjoy the convenience of hands-free communication by using headsets, car-kits and other Bluetooth-compatible devices.* Stereo Bluetooth lets you listen to your music on the go or listen to it using compatible accessories without wires. *Bluetooth wireless accessories are sold separately.

NFL Mobile Live access
Listen to live audio broadcasts of every regular season game and watch the live broadcasts of all NFL Network games. Get real-time red zone alerts, scores, stats, live NFL Network 24/7 and more. Manage your fantasy football team like a pro with up-to-the-minute insights, analysis, stats and alerts. How to Access: Text "NFL" to 7777* on your Sprint phone to download a full version of the application or download NFL Mobile Live from Sprint Digital LoungeSM. *Standard text messaging and data rates apply.

Bluetooth Caller ID
When connected to a Bluetooth device, caller information for incoming calls will be spoken through the Bluetooth device. Decide to answer the call without ever looking at your phone.

MicroSD Memory Card
Store data on the included 2GB removable memory card. Up to 8GB cards supported and available for purchase.

Sprint® Music StoreSM
Download stereo-quality tracks instantly to your wireless phone or PC. Choose songs from thousands of artists in virtually every genre, and listen wherever you go.

Streaming Music
Get over 30 channels - Hip Hop, Top Hits, Latin Pop, music videos and shows from NPR, Sporting News and more, streamed to your phone.

Background music playing mode
Use the Sprint Music Store to listen to music while sending text messages, browsing the Web, or playing a downloaded game.

Sprint TV® Enabled
Watch live TV and video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Catch the latest news, sports, weather, entertainment and movie trailers on the go.

Live Search by Microsoft®
Live Search by Microsoft® lets you use device web and location capabilities together to find just what you want right now.

Sprint® Mobile Sync
Load contact info to your phone and sync with PC, any time you add, edit or remove contacts it auto updates the back-up PC contact list.

Speaker-Independent Voice Dialing
Say the name of any entry in your phone book and the number is dialed automatically without using the keypad. This feature is speaker-independent, so there is no need to train the phone to respond to any one person's voice. Receive an audible status report of your phone/s coverage, signal strength, and battery strength.

TTY
Able to connect to a TTY device and allow anyone who is hearing-impaired to communicate.

Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC)
This handset has been certified as Hearing Aid Compatible in accordance with applicable industry standards. This handset has a HAC rating of M3 for hearing aids operating in the acoustic mode. This handset has a HAC rating of T3 for hearing aids operating in the telecoil mode.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Nick, how much lag will that 88mm Turbo give you? I am just curious. I was thinking about a 76mm turbo for the Supra I don't have. With that I should see full boost at about 5,000 RPM giving me a whopping 2,000 RPM of usefull full boost before redline. Anything bigger than a 76mm turbo and the lag just gets worse.
It should be at full 20ish lbs around 4000rpm according to Jose and DrTurbo. They had one on an LS2 with a built and stalled auto and it was at full boost by 3200. What gear I decide to go with in the Cobra rear should really make a difference in how it spools as well.

Depending on your a/r and rather you go journal, ceramic, or DBB will have a huge impact on your spool up time with a 76. You'll be building the head on the Supra correct? You should be able to spin it to more than 7000 RPM then. From what I've noticed also, 68-76mm turbo's seem to be perfect for Supra's. Before I bought the 7 I was planning out a Supra build and was basing it off of this car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnWxJPCVHWU spool-up time is amazing, and it hooks and books.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Gah, I can't stand that Leo guy. He has ripped so many people off on so many different boards, it's nearly unbelievable. That car was built by other people's stolen money.

www.leowned.com
Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Azar
Gah, I can't stand that Leo guy. He has ripped so many people off on so many different boards, it's nearly unbelievable. That car was built by other people's stolen money.

www.leowned.com
ORLY? I was unaware... His Cobra was SICK aswell http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...a-vs_61064.htm
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Beast
ORLY? I was unaware... His Cobra was SICK aswell http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...a-vs_61064.htm
Also built from stolen munniez. And blown up a few times. Ask speedfab about him.

EDIT: Looks like the other V8 RX-7 from Fort Wayne is going bye bye...

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1142930829.html

Derek King said it had a collapsed lifter, and massive oil hemorrhage when he saw it up at ricer land the other week.

Last edited by Azar; 05-01-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Teching In

I wondered that myself actually. He's in his underwear in all of these, so I just went with what everyone else was doing. It's probably because they don't have a standard "Joe" shirt with a collar to choose from.
would this work?

Look everybody, its EMO JOE!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
would this work?

Look everybody, its EMO JOE!
Wish my grass was emo, just so it would cut itself.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Beast
It should be at full 20ish lbs around 4000rpm according to Jose and DrTurbo. They had one on an LS2 with a built and stalled auto and it was at full boost by 3200. What gear I decide to go with in the Cobra rear should really make a difference in how it spools as well.

Depending on your a/r and rather you go journal, ceramic, or DBB will have a huge impact on your spool up time with a 76. You'll be building the head on the Supra correct? You should be able to spin it to more than 7000 RPM then. From what I've noticed also, 68-76mm turbo's seem to be perfect for Supra's. Before I bought the 7 I was planning out a Supra build and was basing it off of this car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnWxJPCVHWU spool-up time is amazing, and it hooks and books.
With your V8 setup, I have no doubt you will peak full boost earlier than if you had that setup in a Supra. I haven't completly decided on what turbo I want for the car I don't have. Just set power and driving goals probably same as you.

I would like to be in the 850-900 RWHP range with the Supra under max boost and race gas, and maybe 700-750 on 93+ meth injection. I'm starting to wonder if a 76mm Turbo will do that. I do plan on having head work done, as well as some other mods to the motor, but even Leo's Supra in the link you showd me only peaked at just over 700 RWHP. Most people would be completly content with that, but already owning what is more probably a 650 RWHP car, I wanted the Supra to be more of the "highway race only" car, and expected it to get no traction below highway speeds.

I need to do more research, but I may end up having to go with something larger than the 76. I just hate thinking about what little usable RPM there will be with turbo lag being that big
Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Azar
EDIT: Looks like the other V8 RX-7 from Fort Wayne is going bye bye...

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1142930829.html

Derek King said it had a collapsed lifter, and massive oil hemorrhage when he saw it up at ricer land the other week.
weird, he doesnt mention that in his ad..
Old 05-01-2009, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody interested in 2 SLP 17x9.5 Chrome ZR1 wheels?? used them for the track with my DR's that I'm selling. They are in good shape with a couple of minor blemishes.
$300 obo ....let me know.

D
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ben,

I bet a 78mm ball bearing turbo with a good A/R could make that power and keep your spool sane.

I WILL have pictures of the lights tomorrow BTW. It's been raining for like 1.5 weeks...
Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Ben,

I bet a 78mm ball bearing turbo with a good A/R could make that power and keep your spool sane.

I WILL have pictures of the lights tomorrow BTW. It's been raining for like 1.5 weeks...
Thanks Blake. This probably is a stupid question, but what is "A/R"? I see the A/R number thrown around a lot on the supraforums, but don't know. I am assuming its some kind of air fuel ratio, but just don't know.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Blake. This probably is a stupid question, but what is "A/R"? I see the A/R number thrown around a lot on the supraforums, but don't know. I am assuming its some kind of air fuel ratio, but just don't know.
A/R stands for "Area/Radius". Pretty much in simple terms, it compares the inlet size to the outlet size (for either the compressor or turbine side). Think in terms of a garden hose, if you turn the water all the way on, with no nozzle on the end of it, it flows alot of water, but has minimal pressure, where as if you put a nozzle, or your thumb over the end of the hose, the hose diameter remains the same, but the outlet size decreases causing the force of the water to increase, but at the same time also increases back pressure. The smaller the A/R, the smaller the outlet is compared to the inlet. Other things to factor in aswell are what flange size you go wiith, what trim, and what housing size.

Here's a pic:

I have a relatively large turbo being as it's an 88mm, but it's the smallest A/R that it came in, which means it'll spool faster, while sacraficing the over-all flow rate. It'll still be more than enough turbo though

Last edited by The Beast; 05-01-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, what Nick said.

Essentially, a smaller turbo with a larger A/R can flow more then you might expect without negatively impacting spool. A large A/R 78mm ball bearing will spool quickly thanks to it's small(ish) size, but still flow a decent amount of air because the outlet can make the most of what the turbo can flow. Way simplified, but I'm basically saying that a good, small(ish) turbo can flow plenty for 700-800 HP without the nasty turbo lag. 21st century rocks, except for the running out of oil part.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks fellas
Old 05-02-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

No problem, Ben. I'll round up a few very helpful web sites and send them your way when I get a sec.

Anyone gonna be out tonight?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

I'll be out.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!