Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Need to find a good shop in Cleveland Ohio area

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to find a good shop in Cleveland Ohio area

My TA has lots of done to it originally by Speed Inc. & Straightline Performance In Chicago, IL. A couple of years ago I moved to Cleveland Ohio and have yet to find a shop that works with high performance F body's.

I have some major problems with my car lately like bogging, shift points are off among other issues causing the car to operate well below potential and I need a shop that is familiar with these engines and the long line of after market parts I have installed as well as someone who can re-flash my custom tuning from Speed Inc. that has somehow gotten erased when I replaced my alternator.

I've looked everywhere I can think of and need some help...
Old 07-04-2008, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Backstreet performance in Medina. Theyll take care of you, really good guys.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Talking

Brake is right. Also try B3R/Victor racing in Hinckley off 303 and 130th. Hey Blake what's up?
Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Ba dam! Didn't think I'd get any replies. I'll try them out this week...

I see you are both in the area, is there any get together's/Street races for F-body owners or other out this way?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Talking

I don't know of any street racing but Quaker steak and lube in Sheffield has a car show every Sunday. Not recently because of the damn weather, but I know Brake knows of some more. Also Brunswick on Saturday nights has a show, just off of pearl and 303. Where are you located? I am in avon. Brake is down in Cuyahoga Falls. Drop a line, maybe we can hook up. Late Jeff
Old 07-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Chicago to Cleveland...ouch. That wasn't by choice was it? You can see whats going on in the area over on clevelandracing.com, there's a thread Leo(wonderbread) started that most of us with f-bodys posted up in. Just try and steer clear of all the pissing matches/bitch fest and drama that goes on over there. Most of the members are 16-20 year old kids and the site feels like highschool sometimes. 75% of the members are import owners too...mostly DSM's/EVO's.

I've heard good things about Backstreet, and Big3racing seem to be pretty cool and knowledgable about stuff. The only one in the area I've had anything done buy is Hutter racing in Chardon but there pretty expensive. Not sure if you go to the track much, but there's Thompson out east around Madison...Norwalk/SMP out west...and dragway 42 south. All are around 45 min out of Cleveland. Norwalks way better then the other 2 tho.

Disconnecting your battery and replacing your alt shouldn't have caused you to lose your tune though. Sounds like you have something wierd going on. Might want to go back over what you did when you put the alt in. There isn't anything around that area that would have an affect, but maybe something was left disconnected? Unless you didn't have the battery disconnected when putting it in and maybe arched and fried the ECM? Did the dealer do it? If so, they might have re-flashed it.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another +1 for Back Street Performance. They've done most of the work on my car. Besides the f-bodies and vettes, they do more GTOs then all the other shops in the state combined, NA, Supercharged and Twin Turbo. They also tune cars for Mallott Cars.

Last edited by GTO1_OHIO; 07-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Need to find a good shop in Cleveland Ohio area