Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Spotted SOM SS Camaro on Gary

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spotted SOM SS Camaro on Gary

I played around with a beautiful SOM camaro on gary ave right off the Elgin Ohare the other day and was wondering if it was someone on here. I was in the Blue SS. I got pulled over right after i turned off and ended up getting out of the ticket because the cop didnt know if it was my car or yours. So thanks for saving my ***. She said she was going to write me a ticket for loud exhaust, not street legal, and speeding and I asked if it was me or the guy in the orange ss and she said she didnt know, so i knew i was off the hook. SO ThANK YOU ORANGE SS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^lol nice
Old 07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Well, who ever it is I owe you a beer. Thanks again and nice car!!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

I think that was me dude. Where did you get pulled over? I thought I saw you pull into that plaza over there on the right.

Your exhaust is freakin ridiculous man. I wouldnt be able to have that in my complex, wish I could. I got a stock SLP muffler (polished) with no cats and headers, so its pretty toned down.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Yep, I turned off in that plaza and the cop I guess was driving thru the parking lot typing to see where we were going. I guess I shouldnt have pulled into the lot where she was hiding. Cool cop though. I got off the hook and only ended having to pay because my plates were 4 months expired(woops). Your car looked sick though, I love that color. Thanks again man for the nice cruise. You ended up getting me off the hook because she didnt know whos car was making all the noise. I owe ya a beer!!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Yea thats fucked up. At least they didnt give you a ticket. My philosophy is that American cars get more respect on the road versus that rice ****. Soundin like a friggin lawn mower comin down the road with a huge *** fin ugly as hell. "Hey pull me over in my yellow/sparkleflake flamer-mobile that can barely do 10 seconds 0-60 but looks like it flies outta o'hare."

Like your exhaust, what you got goin underneath? I want to swap out my SLP for somethin with a little bit more girth to it.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=dontmeSS;9843002] "Hey pull me over in my yellow/sparkleflake flamer-mobile that can barely do 10 seconds 0-60 but looks like it flies outta o'hare."

QUOTE]

LOL thats funny as hell and its so true
Old 07-31-2008, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

I have pacesetter headers and a Y pipe then a Borla exhaust but a cutout at the end of the y-pipe thats always open so im not even really using the borla. Its pretty quiet at idle espeacially with the cutout closed but gets loud as hell when i get on it . Your SS sounded pretty good, and looked pretty good too(in my rearview mirror)

Yea, the cop said she had a car like that too but im sure shes a little more responsible with it. Real nice lady though, could have given me a bunch of tickets and didnt.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by machsv103
I have pacesetter headers and a Y pipe then a Borla exhaust but a cutout at the end of the y-pipe thats always open so im not even really using the borla. Its pretty quiet at idle espeacially with the cutout closed but gets loud as hell when i get on it . Your SS sounded pretty good, and looked pretty good too(in my rearview mirror)

Yea, the cop said she had a car like that too but im sure shes a little more responsible with it. Real nice lady though, could have given me a bunch of tickets and didnt.
You suck and I really want your car lol espically since I know the historyand after hearing the price it makes me

Hows it been running man?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

the cars doing great. I just blew the transmission in it a couple months back and had a new stage 5 put in so hopefully this one will last a little bit longer. I had a stall put in too so its a little bit quicker.

Yea, i dont know how i got that deal. 13k for an SS camaro with 35k on it with a blower. Im pretty sure that im drivign around in a stolen car but what the hell you cant win then all
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha yeah the dude you git it from is a good guy and I can remember that car from when it was like 1999 lol its always been well taken care of

I blew up my trans so its also time for a stage 4
Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Sounds pretty sweet. Next things for me - C6 rims and exhaust.

You goin to the Camaro/Firebird thing in Indy in September?

Quick Reply: Spotted SOM SS Camaro on Gary