Looking for a good ls shop in chicagoland area

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
please email what those reasons are if you don't mind

larry@speedinc.com

I will state you are allowed to voice your opinion, but you can also be a bit more mature when doing so...especially now how you are reacting to the edit you just did after Fraser was inquiring about your bold statement. I sure hope you have a good reason for your previous post since I do not recall ever doing business with you in the past. I hope it isn't a he said she said situation.

TIA
Like i told Fraser i will tell you, i am not going to get into this argument. There for i am not emailing you.

Thank you for approving me to state my opinion. I have a question for you, how was i immature for my post? All i said was do not go to Speed! There was nothing immature about that post! I am reacting to the edit b/c that is my opinion and Fraser should ahve taken it with a grain of salt. So what you got i negative feedback from me, all the rest were positive!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quit beating around the bush... If you have a problem man up. EOS
Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Like i told Fraser i will tell you, i am not going to get into this argument. There for i am not emailing you.

Thank you for approving me to state my opinion. I have a question for you, how was i immature for my post? All i said was do not go to Speed! There was nothing immature about that post! I am reacting to the edit b/c that is my opinion and Fraser should ahve taken it with a grain of salt. So what you got i negative feedback from me, all the rest were positive!

thanks.. I was not approving you to voice your opinion smart a$$, but agreeing with you. I'm just curious what issues you had to make such a bold statement. I am not aware of any issue with you and your statement bothers me.

it could have read go to Straight Line or FLP and people can get the idea you did not chose us, but instead you posted in a different way and I read that as being inmature, unprofessional, whatever you want to call it... that's my opinion.

I will leave it alone from here, so don't bother coming back with some smart remark again.

thanks

thanks to everyone else for the good word

please let me know if you need anything or have any concerns with anything

have a nice evening everyone
Old 08-26-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
thanks.. I was not approving you to voice your opinion smart a$$, but agreeing with you. I'm just curious what issues you had to make such a bold statement. I am not aware of any issue with you and your statement bothers me.

it could have read go to Straight Line or FLP and people can get the idea you did not chose us, but instead you posted in a different way and I read that as being inmature, unprofessional, whatever you want to call it... that's my opinion.

I will leave it alone from here, so don't bother coming back with some smart remark again.

thanks

thanks to everyone else for the good word

please let me know if you need anything or have any concerns with anything

have a nice evening everyone
You need to take my comment with a grain of salt too. This is a message forum... Again my opinion will not matter to everyone. So just relax.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

I really like FLP. Mitch is a cool dude. I'd recommend that shop to anyone. Very high quality work, attention to detail is their specialty.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I for one am totally confused as to what Torchd is trying to accomplish here, seriously.

FYI the only reason Larry is bothered by it is because he CARES about what he does for a living, I think that says alot about the service you could expect from him. Torchd you are just trying to cause trouble for no reason, which is indeed immature. "look at me, look at me"..etc.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will say Frazier has alwayz answered my questions and gave me good deals on most of my parts in my Sig!

Mike H. at StraightLine has done an awesome job tuning my car!

And Torchd is not a trouble maker.

That's all
Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

These threads always end up like this.

Everyone thinks so and so's shop is better, or they got screwed here or whatever, but the reality is that no matter how good a shop is there will be a few unhappy customers, whether or not they are justified it doesn't matter. All you can do is try to please them and move on. Larry is asking what the problem was (presumably so he can correct it or explain it) and he's being stonewalled. Its BS IMO, but whatever. Obviously Speed Inc does great work and obviously they will survive with or without one guys referal, but Larry still cares enough to try.

I had FLP do most of my work, and am very happy. I will continue to go there as long as they treat me fairly. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to have Speed Inc do work on my car, and have purchased parts from them and Larry has always taken time to help me out even though I'm not one of their high dollar customers.

When 99% of the cutomers are happy with a certain shop(s), you gotta figure there may be something wrong with the other 1% that may not be the shops fault.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Here is a suggestion guys...

Reccomend folks you like, and then leave it at that. No need for negative talk.

ADMIN
Old 08-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Fraser and Crew have always been great to me. I have been their customer for the last 5~6 years ( ever since Mike was there - who also is a stand up guy ) and will continue to be so as long as I need parts. Fraser was also a good help for me when I was starting my own business thousands of miles away. Couldn't be happier with their service.
Just my $0.02

Last edited by V8_Club; 08-27-2008 at 01:16 PM.