Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Discrimination at Rolling Meadows Car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008 | 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Default Discrimination at Rolling Meadows Car show

<rant>

I recently went to the Rolling Meadows Car Show at Meijer on, Sept 6th, 2008. As I tried to turn into the show, I was immediately told to stop and pointed away by the "bouncers" at the entrance. I was in my dads black 300C SRT8. But in reality it doesn't matter what I was driving! Who the **** gives them the right to discriminate or choose which cars enter the show??? (As if this is the hottest club in Chicago, if your not good looking, you don't get in). Its a local car show in a grocery store parking lot! Not some elite, invite only judged car show. I don't care what you drive, if your car is clean, show worthy, and there is room in the lot, you should be able to park inside the show. Whether your car is a muscle car, Fbody, mustang, euro, hell even a nice import, you should be able to show your car if wanted. If guests laugh at some cars in the show, let them laugh, no sense in turning away people. This isn't the first time ive seen them turning away cars. Friends have also told me about this. I saw plenty of nice cars outside the show (probably turned away) Trail Blazer SS, EVO's, STi's, a nice BMW M3. When inside the show that night I found a few stock V6 mustangs, a rusted up 3rd gen camaro and a Ford Escape, give me a break. Funny part was, the lot wasnt even close to full. Ive been coming to this show for YEARS, way back since it was in the Sears Parking lot, but after this incident I will not be coming back, and i will also tell friends not to come back either. I know LS1tech guys goto this show, so maybe someone can give some input on this bull****. (Yes I also posted this in MFBA>

</rant>

Old 09-06-2008 | 04:22 PM
NKAWTG...N

It's a private event. So they hold the right to refuse entry. I've seen Imports get turned away, and honestly I don't have a problem with that. The people who run the show want it to be mainly classic domestic.

If I had my TB SS out I wouldn't dream or even attempt to park it in the show lot. If your just there for the cars why not just park in the remaining Meijer lot and then walk around? Because in all honesty a stock 300C SRT8 isn't gonna turn a lot of heads either.
Old 09-06-2008 | 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by StoleIt
It's a private event. So they hold the right to refuse entry. I've seen Imports get turned away, and honestly I don't have a problem with that. The people who run the show want it to be mainly classic domestic.

If I had my TB SS out I wouldn't dream or even attempt to park it in the show lot. If your just there for the cars why not just park in the remaining Meijer lot and then walk around? Because in all honesty a stock 300C SRT8 isn't gonna turn a lot of heads either.
Neal is 100% correct.

And I agree, if you want to show up in a daily driver type car, just park closer to the store and walk over.

Now, having said that, I will agree that the organizers of this event seem to be royal **** suckers. They treat people like ****, and the one guy at the entrance seems to think he's the nation's biggest badass. One sjambok strike to the chest and he'd be crying like a little girl.

Anyway, at this point I never come until after the main event is over, and the 'officals' leave. It's better that way.

But I agree with the decision to leave the imports out.
Old 09-06-2008 | 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by StoleIt

Its not even there parking lot... It would be one thing if the organizers rented out a area but im 99% sure they dont pay Meijer anything to use the lot.

If it is a private event and they have rights, why do they turn cars away?

stock V6 mustangs don't turn heads either, I would rather see a stock car than a empty parking stall.
Old 09-06-2008 | 09:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vipermike2002
Its not even there parking lot... It would be one thing if the organizers rented out a area but im 99% sure they dont pay Meijer anything to use the lot.

If it is a private event and they have rights, why do they turn cars away?

stock V6 mustangs don't turn heads either, I would rather see a stock car than a empty parking stall.
Its there event to do as they choose.

Yes it may suck to you but its the way they do there event.

Last edited by Sluggo; 09-06-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2008 | 09:33 PM
NKAWTG...N

If you want to get in with a stock 300C SRT8 my advice is to get there at like 5pm. Not at peak hour between 6-7. Or go for round two at 8pm.
Old 09-06-2008 | 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

They do think that they are above all, and they do discriminate, dont get me wrong. Yeah it pisses you off sometimes but its thier right to do so.

They told my dad he wasnt gonna be allowed in the lot with his heavily modded jeep if the lot was full, yet they let some POS DD 3rd gens in all the time. I dont try to understand thier logic, but I dont let it ruin my night either.
Old 09-06-2008 | 10:23 PM
Teching In

Theres always some v6 4th gens in there, and I see alot of stock 80's-90's caddy's? Whats with them?
Old 09-06-2008 | 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Thats the same **** last week when MY cousin in his 300SRT8 which has all the bolt ons tried to get in! He said because It didn't have any badges. I said "SRT8's dont have badges just an SRT8 out back genius"

I yelled to him that WHY were those piece of **** LOW RIDERS in the show and you got a 38k 6.1 HEMI that runs 13.00's ALL DAY!!

My cousin rev'd it and GAVE him access right of way!

Then yesterday I see a piece of **** camaro with a Fuged Metallica sign holding up the hood open! or a poser madmax falcon and a PLASTIC wanna be supercharger! I mean come on!
Old 09-06-2008 | 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they wouldnt let my buddy in with a denali sierra with a 70mm turbo on it.....that truck will roast half the lot and looks better that 3/4 of the lot!

its a good show but they are ********!
Old 09-06-2008 | 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by litle88
Thats the same **** last week when MY cousin in his 300SRT8 which has all the bolt ons tried to get in! He said because It didn't have any badges. I said "SRT8's dont have badges just an SRT8 out back genius"

I yelled to him that WHY were those piece of **** LOW RIDERS in the show and you got a 38k 6.1 HEMI that runs 13.00's ALL DAY!!

My cousin rev'd it and GAVE him access right of way!

Then yesterday I see a piece of **** camaro with a Fuged Metallica sign holding up the hood open! or a poser madmax falcon and a PLASTIC wanna be supercharger! I mean come on!
Haha...you told me about that SRT last night. I also don't agree with some of the cars they choose not to let in, but it is their show and they have the right to refuse to let certain cars enter. What really pisses me off are all those Cadillac Allante's and the Buick Reata's. I mean come on. Especially on a day like last night, where there was a pretty big portion of the lot empty like the entire night, I believe they should have let you in.
Old 09-06-2008 | 11:26 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Formula_LS1
Haha...you told me about that SRT last night. I also don't agree with some of the cars they choose not to let in, but it is their show and they have the right to refuse to let certain cars enter. What really pisses me off are all those Cadillac Allante's and the Buick Reata's. I mean come on. Especially on a day like last night, where there was a pretty big portion of the lot empty like the entire night, I believe they should have let you in.
I think that Cady and the Buick are members of their club. So thats why there get in and are at pretty much every car show.
Old 09-07-2008 | 12:24 AM
Motorboater

Neal has a point. you never know which of the cars in there that appear to be scrap are members of the rolling meadows cruisers club so they get in automatically.

some people are ******* asswipes that go there. a month ago i got there late and was waiting in line to get in. some idiot in a boring daily driver type car a few cars ahead of me was told please don't come in the lot is really full of muscle cars and we have more waiting as you can see. he yelled at the organizers and wouldn't leave the line and basically forced his way in. i wanted punch him in the face, seriously. i can't remember what he was driving but it was something i wouldn't even drive to work it was that useless and had NO business being parked in the show. people like that are the reason they screen the door if you ask me, and lets take a look at EVERY show/cruise-in around here that the import fucksticks start showing up at..they ALL get ruined. the no import rule is probably why this show has grown to what it is..
Old 09-07-2008 | 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree 100% about the imports...not all the imports are shitsticks but it only takes a couple to ruin it.
Old 09-07-2008 | 12:52 AM
Motorboater

the problem is we never get the nice import cars that try to come to our shows, its always the ******* garbage cans with high school kids behind the wheel that want to try to squeel their tires(key word "try") all nite and leave trash everywhere. been the same old story for many years. i wonder where all the nice imports go on the weekends, there must be some shows like ours that are full of fast supras and stuff somewhere.
Old 09-07-2008 | 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

On the flip side, whenever I drive my 71 Vette or my 68 Cutlass that are both mint, the organizers will let you park anywhere you want. When I go to Fests and such I always drive an old car just so I can park close. They move the damn horses for you. I guess it's what stands out or what you don't normally see that gets in, no questions asked.
Old 09-07-2008 | 01:31 AM
12 Second Club

Twice now I have been scolded for parking OUTSIDE the car show.. last weekend I parked beside it and a whole bunch of old guys told me to park beside them, and tonight I do the same and a whole bunch of ls1 guys walk up to look. lol
Old 09-07-2008 | 02:07 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
Neal has a point. you never know which of the cars in there that appear to be scrap are members of the rolling meadows cruisers club so they get in automatically.

some people are ******* asswipes that go there. a month ago i got there late and was waiting in line to get in. some idiot in a boring daily driver type car a few cars ahead of me was told please don't come in the lot is really full of muscle cars and we have more waiting as you can see. he yelled at the organizers and wouldn't leave the line and basically forced his way in. i wanted punch him in the face, seriously. i can't remember what he was driving but it was something i wouldn't even drive to work it was that useless and had NO business being parked in the show. people like that are the reason they screen the door if you ask me, and lets take a look at EVERY show/cruise-in around here that the import fucksticks start showing up at..they ALL get ruined. the no import rule is probably why this show has grown to what it is..
Sean it was a stock Audi TT
Old 09-07-2008 | 09:13 AM
On The Tree

When I went there on Friday, I didn't get there until about 8pm and pulled in driving my camaro and they didn't say anything but looked at me REAL hard, like what are you doing here.

I also know there was an RX-7 with a modded LS1 at the show that they were refusing to let in because it was an import even though you could clearly hear that it had a beefy V-8 Powerplant, and it looked clean as hell and very stock.

I'm all for having the better looking and classic cars there, but they just are so hard headed about what they want. Especially when I show up at 8 and the parking lot is half empty already.
Old 09-07-2008 | 09:33 AM
On The Tree

http://www.rmcarclub.com/sitebuilder...hn-600x450.jpg

The car has a sign on it that says 385HP or something reduculas, it looks to be a LID/Catback car.

Sweet Rides Rolling Meadows Cruisers!

BGImportkiller, I also saw the white RX7 driving around the show.

Quick Reply: Discrimination at Rolling Meadows Car show