Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

I have my Review Board for Army OCS on 10/17

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have my Review Board for Army OCS on 10/17

As the title says, I have my interview with the review board on the 17th and I was wondering what sort of questions are to be expected? About me: Civilian, Senior majoring in Applied Mathematics with a minor in Engineering, 3 or 4 extra curricular activities, steady job of over 4.5 years, and GPA of 2.75.

I know my GPA is low, but I'm on here looking for any pointers anyone would be willing to give me so that I am prepared for this.

David
Old 10-13-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dont worry about the low GPA, many people will give more credit to your 2.7GPA in a mathematics/engineering degree than they will a 3.5 GPA in a degree like liberal arts or some other BS.

You need to show that you are confident and capable of being a leader. You dont want to appear weak and any past criminal offenses that you may have you need to explain how you have changed and moved past that and are truly sorry for them if you are asked about them. You also need to have a clear and quick response when asked why you want to be an army officer, which you should have written a letter about for your application packet, memorize it.

Be quick with your responses, honest, and confident and you will be OK. Its just a job interview with your potential bosses, treat it as such. The board members will want you to succeed, they just want to get to know a future fellow officer before they give them the go ahead. Good luck on friday!!!

If you want some more info visit and register at www.armyocs.com

Last edited by brad8266; 10-13-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Army = You're in, Congrats!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Study this whole form and even practice the board with your wife. This is the same form that was used on me back in 2002. Thank me later. Call me if you must. Always think and pause before you answer the question.
Wow, THANK YOU!!

How long until I find out whether or not I'm in? I talked to a professor and he said he found out the same day, but he was currently serving.

Thank you for all the help fellas.

David

Last edited by 97LT1T/A; 10-13-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The board members will tell you if you are recommended by them or not. Then you have to wait for the complete packet to make it to the DA Board (if the local board recommended you). I found out my class date a few weeks later.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97LT1T/A
Wow, THANK YOU!!

David
All day. Feel free to pm me any questions.

Quick Reply: I have my Review Board for Army OCS on 10/17