Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Meeting With A Recruiter Tomorrow For The Marines

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe any 03' can get presidential guard but they have to pass a rigorous screening process, that means infantry, mps, security forces, etc..
Old 12-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss1129
Well I noticed you a 58 as well. Yeah life can really suck as a 5811, Ill give you that. However, you will never know how good you have it compared to being a recruiter. I personally believe that there is no more rewarding/fun lifestyle than that of a single Marine. Being married and a Marine can be challenging...as with any branch, time away from home sucks.
As for picking up rank, yeah 58s got it pretty bad. I just made the zone for SSgt for the first time this year and Ive been in for almost 9 years now. It took me 5 to get Sgt....after repeatedly chasing the score and having it close.

Look, you can talk **** all you want. You damn well know that when you are in a bar trying to pick up some ***** your going to tell that bitch your a Marine.(as long as you are not near a base) LOL. I see people do it all the time.

Is the Marine Corps for everyone....no. Will it ever reflect poorly on someones background? No.

In the end, dont act like your the only disgruntled guy on the block because he didnt get promoted. Peace!
Im not trying to talk **** but i AM saying that just because i hate the Marine Corps (to an extent) doesnt mean im a shitbag or got busted down.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

the ones that hate the Marine Corps are the ones that cant take an *** chewing or someone younger than them telling them what to do. Or they hate not being off work at 1630 on the dot so they bitch and then you get the i hate the Marine Corps attitude. I've got 4 years to retire and I'm not looking forward to it, I'm going to miss this **** so bad it's not even funny and I'm a grunt.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ponyeater01LS1
well delete your profile and stop reading, you should think before you type really.
Likewise. I should delete my profile because I feel dumber after reading a bunch of devildogs crying about the Corps? That's the most inane thing I've read in this thread yet. I'll just assume you misunderstood my comment and I'll move on.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by erasedgod
Likewise. I should delete my profile because I feel dumber after reading a bunch of devildogs crying about the Corps? That's the most inane thing I've read in this thread yet. I'll just assume you misunderstood my comment and I'll move on.
this is true, to the guys bitching, you guys are pansies and need to get out now. Obviously you dont belong and are too weak to handle it all.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by erasedgod
no I understood it to the T and it sounded kiddish. How long you been in 5 minutes or so. Hell if your a grunt I probably put you through ITB or MCT for that fact. Instead of ragging on everyone in here maybe we should be tryin to make the Corps better.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Teching In

I really don't think you did. You expressed a similar sentiment just a few posts later.

Believe me, I want to make the Corps better. We can do that by getting these whiners to suck it up and quit bitching about every little inconvenience.

And you may have put me through MCT if you were on Camp Pendleton in January '04.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
So what should I expect. I have a lot of questions for him but what will be presented to me when I get there. I just hate going into something blind, you know. Looking forward to being part of the brotherhood after I get my degree!

Much Appreciated
ask him to see if you qualify for a bonus and if you get to pick the job you want, ie mechanic, electronics technician, infantry soldier, etc then walk to the Army recruiter and ask him the same question. I recommend talking to both. In the end 40k in your pocket isnt a bad plan. Pm me for details i'm not a recruiter so i have nothing to gain except quality soldiers.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
I appreciate it, and am grateful of your service, as to all the troops overseas. That is what war brings and it is sad but that's what I will always have in the back of my head, that I could lose my life, but I will know that I died the most respectable death anyone could ever die for, at least that's how I see it in my eyes. You should be proud of what you did and know that the friends you lost in battle dont want you to live a life of mourning. Im truly sorry for your losses.

Before, I was set on either becoming an architect or a graphic design artist. As I chose one I still felt like there was still something missing, I had a sense of emptiness deep within me but I didnt know why I felt that way. I felt worthless with what I was doing. Then I thought about how my Dad always asked me if I wanted to join the military when I got older and how every time, I would tell him no. But it finally crept up to me. I started thinking about life and what it all meant to me, and found that nothing could make me prouder than being in the military and fighting for what I believe in.

God Bless you, all the soldiers, veterans, and the soldiers that have lost their lives in battle

Buddy heed with the expierence. you just can't take a pill for PTSD. Post traumatic stress disorder. Even when you come home intact you are not always home.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grand National 5-0
Im not trying to talk **** but i AM saying that just because i hate the Marine Corps (to an extent) doesnt mean im a shitbag or got busted down.
I don't think its the Marine Corp you hated it was the folks representing them. I have been to two joint assignments and its the people that make the difference.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pythias
Its called HMX, he must be an MP.
I am not getting in the middle of this whole argument, but I was interested in clarifying something. HMX is the helicopter team/guards. They might also do the Air Force One thing, but I am not sure. There is also Yankee White, which guards at the white house, camp david, ect. Two different entities, but I believe the situation is mostly the same: Look good in dress blues, salute a lot, and guard the president. Don't know much about HMX though, I have only know guys that were Yankee White. From my understanding talking to the Yankee White guys, you get a really high security clearance, and the majority of them are Infantry guys, at least the ones who do it as their first duty out of Bootcamp and ITB. Just a little random knowledge.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
ask him to see if you qualify for a bonus and if you get to pick the job you want, ie mechanic, electronics technician, infantry soldier, etc then walk to the Army recruiter and ask him the same question. I recommend talking to both. In the end 40k in your pocket isnt a bad plan. Pm me for details i'm not a recruiter so i have nothing to gain except quality soldiers.

40K bonuses and the Army still cant make mission. LOL.

Thats why there are so many turds in the Army. Money attracts them like flies on ****. When the money is gone, they are done. The typical person that is considering the Marines....actually believes in what they are doing, and not there for the money. Something an Army recruiter will never figure out. I love when kids turn down a 20K bonus for some pride of belonging.

Money wont build a quality army alone.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss1129
40K bonuses and the Army still cant make mission. LOL.

Thats why there are so many turds in the Army. Money attracts them like flies on ****. When the money is gone, they are done. The typical person that is considering the Marines....actually believes in what they are doing, and not there for the money. Something an Army recruiter will never figure out. I love when kids turn down a 20K bonus for some pride of belonging.

Money wont build a quality army alone.
Yes sir, I could of got $40k from the Army and had a much easier life, but I wanted to be a lil more proud of who i am.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
Yea, Ill be looking into the army as well, my dad's in the 10th special forces group and I have always admired that. All this information is really helping me out. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Meeting With A Recruiter Tomorrow For The Marines