Any Army Rangers??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boehlke
Oh yeah, and Ranger panties rock!

haha....yeah we have them too...little junk huggers

I think the only thing they are good for is to see a girl wearing them...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Hmmm... Interesting
Old 01-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Unertl42
I'll clear it up. You are a "Ranger" if, and only if, you are in the 75th RR. You are Ranger qualified if you have your tab. Also, RI's wear Tan berets, even though they are d-bag deployment dodgers. And for you, MEZA TA, you should do some homework, Ranger's and SF's jobs are completely different. I haven't met a single Ranger who wants to go to SF, only the shitbags who get kicked out of Batt. If you don't believe me, go f*ck yourself
That right there show you have no idea what you are talking about. There are lots of Batt guys in SF and I would love to see you go and call some of them shitbags and see what happens. One of my instuctors in the course was a former Batt boy and he is one of the most badass indiviuals I have ever met. And there is a reason guys go from Batt to SF and not the other way around. You sound like someone who VW at selection. By the way dont you get nights and weekends off at rip.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Rangers are bad as period.....My biggest regret is never trying out Ranger school...But it's easy to say that now..It takes so much intestinal fortitude to man up and go to a 60 plus day course were you know you will be physically and mentally broken down in every way known to man and a few ways unknown to man and in some ways that no man would ever want to know..

I have nonthing but the upmost respect for Rangers..Weather a tab wearer or batt..They did what few can do just by completing the school..

As far as rip completers..Ugh.....I dont know....
Old 01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brad8266
You are an untabbed Ranger after RIP when you in a Ranger unit, then if you are sent to Ranger school and pass you are then a tabbed Ranger.
Very well put. Good direct answer and straight to the point.

As soon as you are assigned to a Ranger battalion after RIP you wear the tan beret and go on the cool guy deployments.
Right on the money again. I've assumed your a former or current "batt boy".

Originally Posted by 93cz28
u wanna be a ranger or SF? or both? they are different... and SF school is easier than rip from what ive heard. i was in an sf support unit and plenty of guys where walking around with the "tower of power".they told me sf school is way easier. and f*** range PT tests. 5 miles in under 45min? no thx
To each their own. Some say the "Q" course is harder, some say its more of a gentlemens course. Some say RIP is hard, some say its a joke. Things in the military aren't designed for you to fail. They are meant to weed out the weak and to push people to their limits and see what they are made of.

5 miles in 45 mins = EASY.... And the "Ranger Standard" is 40 minutes... Also known as the Army Standard for 5 miles.

SFAS is not easy, its all on you to complete it, nobody really yelling at you making you do anything, it is still hard though. You can just quit when you feel like it. You just have to be able to keep rucking on little to no sleep day after day and not get too lost in the woods.

The idea is to see how strong your mind is along with your body. I went and didnt make it all the way through, I knew I wasnt in shape to go, should have went a year earlier than I did when i was in top notch shape. I was still maxing my PT test and that still wasnt enough to make it through SFAS.
Agreed, your spot on again... But then again your answers have been very reasonable and good answers. SFAS isn't easy and as stated above... It is all how you take things, and what you make of them. Some people are PT studs and some are studs with a ruck... To each their own!

Originally Posted by Unertl42
I'll clear it up. You are a "Ranger" if, and only if, you are in the 75th RR. You are Ranger qualified if you have your tab. Also, RI's wear Tan berets, even though they are d-bag deployment dodgers. And for you, MEZA TA, you should do some homework, Ranger's and SF's jobs are completely different. I haven't met a single Ranger who wants to go to SF, only the shitbags who get kicked out of Batt. If you don't believe me, go f*ck yourself
Yes some "shitbags" get kicked out of batt and go SF. But not all the ones from batt are "shitbags" going SF. SF does a different job now than they used to... More could be told, but it would be violating OPSEC as most of this kind of is, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Thats because SF doesnt wear those short *** PT shorts like the Rangers do.

I dont recall ever seeing you out around the way when I was in Savannah at Moes or anything like that. How long you been there?
Moes is awesome! So is Larry's!

Wow dude. I don't even know where to begin with your statement. For one, RIP is what... 4 weeks. The Q is upwards of a year and a half depending on MOS. Hoping you meant Ranger school we're still at 61 days if you don't recycle. This is apples to oranges, completely. God damn, some people in this thread need to do some research, get some experience, maybe both and stop being regurgitating parrots.

Oh yeah, and Ranger panties rock!
Here is another bias person. Congrats!

No you don't have nights and weekends off, or before they didn't. The "Q" course might be long, but is packed with things like language and other things. When your in batt, you fill your training cycles with these things. Everyone has their own outlooks but come on people, lets look at both sides, and give an honest opinion of them both.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Brad I love you cause you know what your talking about... Also, they phased the panties out... Just in case your not in to know that, just a friendly update for you. If you would like any other updates, I would be glad to chat with you!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MEZA TA
wondering if any are on here. Just a question.....do you become a Ranger after RIP or after Ranger school?
I almost didn't answer the question and main topic for this thread, I am sorry for that.

You become a Ranger to the Battalion or Regiment MOS depending and due to manning purposes. After going to Ranger School, you earn the "Black and Gold" - Ranger Tab. You will only get respect in the regiment if you have both the scroll (Both shoulders one for the unit and one for combat, and the tab). PM me if you have any questions and would like a non-bias opinion.

Originally Posted by NebWS6
haha....yeah we have them too...little junk huggers

I think the only thing they are good for is to see a girl wearing them...
I think its sexy if its their first pair...

...We all know how the ladies get around, and how not sexy it can be slaying a higher ranking members wife/girlfriend/old **** buddy...

Originally Posted by krusemj
That right there show you have no idea what you are talking about. There are lots of Batt guys in SF and I would love to see you go and call some of them shitbags and see what happens. One of my instuctors in the course was a former Batt boy and he is one of the most badass indiviuals I have ever met. And there is a reason guys go from Batt to SF and not the other way around. You sound like someone who VW at selection. By the way dont you get nights and weekends off at rip.
Every guy has their own story... Lets not have a pissing contest.

If you think your "on" when saying
And there is a reason guys go from Batt to SF and not the other way around. You sound like someone who VW at selection.
something like that... Your completely off, unless of course your implying people want a break from the amount of deployments rangers see compared to your SF gang. Or if your implying people leave Batt for a break and go to SF sure... We all ******* know the batt guys have a bigger and better option and its not the long tab dumbass, so don't flatter yourself. Jeeze!

Originally Posted by Killemall
Rangers are bad as period.....My biggest regret is never trying out Ranger school...But it's easy to say that now..It takes so much intestinal fortitude to man up and go to a 60 plus day course were you know you will be physically and mentally broken down in every way known to man and a few ways unknown to man and in some ways that no man would ever want to know..

I have nonthing but the upmost respect for Rangers..Weather a tab wearer or batt..They did what few can do just by completing the school..

As far as rip completers..Ugh.....I dont know....
To each their own buddy. You just need some motivation and a thick skull... With those two things, getting through it isn't all that tough.

Now for my closing statement. I have been to both worlds and know them both. So don't go and run your mouth saying I don't know ****, and don't get all defensive. I am just clearing up all the false statements and accusations.

If anyone has a problem or a question please direct it to me via PM so that the guy asking a question can get an answer. I know this is hypocritical of me to say, but I couldn't let all these bias opinions be said without clearing them up.

Thanks for your time everyone!
John
Old 01-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Oh and for my bias opinion... Love for the "Batt Boys"... Wouldn't have it anyway else!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Oh and one last thing... Subscribed...
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ABadMother1999
Originally Posted by 93cz28
u wanna be a ranger or SF? or both? they are different... and SF school is easier than rip from what ive heard. i was in an sf support unit and plenty of guys where walking around with the "tower of power".they told me sf school is way easier. and f*** range PT tests. 5 miles in under 45min? no thx
Wow dude. I don't even know where to begin with your statement. For one, RIP is what... 4 weeks. The Q is upwards of a year and a half depending on MOS. Hoping you meant Ranger school we're still at 61 days if you don't recycle. This is apples to oranges, completely. God damn, some people in this thread need to do some research, get some experience, maybe both and stop being regurgitating parrots.

Here is another bias person. Congrats!

No you don't have nights and weekends off, or before they didn't. The "Q" course might be long, but is packed with things like language and other things. When your in batt, you fill your training cycles with these things. Everyone has their own outlooks but come on people, lets look at both sides, and give an honest opinion of them both.

My post was directed at the misconceptions of 93cz28, not at the cool-guy merits of either school. As I mentioned, they are apples to oranges with the Q being MOS producing and therefore of much longer duration, and one not. You obviously felt the need to defend and clear up all the "myths" being perpetuated about Rangers, Ranger school, and RIP in this thread. Those of us on the other side aren't going to sit back and just let a bunch of nonsense be tossed around about us either. I stated facts, making a point not to delve into my personal opinions and experiences on the matter.

You made a lot of good points, something a lot of us don't have the patience for on boards like this. I still find it amazing some of the things I see on military forums...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ABadMother1999
something like that... Your completely off, unless of course your implying people want a break from the amount of deployments rangers see compared to your SF gang. Or if your implying people leave Batt for a break and go to SF sure... We all ******* know the batt guys have a bigger and better option and its not the long tab dumbass, so don't flatter yourself. Jeeze!

I dont think you get a break in the amount of time deployed by going to SF and I have never heard anyone say they needed a break so I am going to go to the Q course and spend some time at Group. And that Option you are talking about is the same one I have so dont pretend it is just for Batt. And the reason for the VW comment is because most of the time someone badmouths SF like that they usally have a reason and them VWing is usally that reason. I will give Batt lots of credit they have some great guys and alot of the best SF guys are from Batt but you also have tons of dumbass 18 and 19 year olds which is something you dont have at group.

Last edited by krusemj; 01-21-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by krusemj
I dont think you get a break in the amount of time deployed by going to SF and I have never heard anyone say they needed a break so I am going to go to the Q course and spend some time at Group. And that Option you are talking about is the same one I have so dont pretend it is just for Batt. And the reason for the VW comment is because most of the time someone badmouths SF like that they usally have a reason and them VWing is usally that reason. I will give Batt lots of credit they have some great guys and alot of the best SF guys are from Batt but you also have tons of dumbass 18 and 19 year olds which is something you dont have at group.
Ya you have a bunch of dumb *** 25 and 26 yr olds. Oh and if I remember correctly when I joined years back. A few of my 17 turning 18 yr old buddies went SF and made it before they turned 20.

Our 19 year olds have more combat exp. and know their job better than most in the US military.

And ummmm, maybe not a break as in a "sham job", but a break as in not deploying multiple times a year. You might go more places and do something different... and in most cases its a break from the type of **** we do. Hence going to SF to take a break!

Last edited by ABadMother1999; 01-22-2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Because someone (krusemj) doesn't know how to use the "Quote" feature this lovely forum allows! :)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

My God guys... we could seriously go back and forth on this all day long. I think we all know enough about each other to pick the topic to pieces, and without sending this conversation into opsec realms its only going to give me a massive headache. Obviously we all have our own preferences based on our placement choice... so seriously we can discuss the "best" stepping stones to various "detachments" and the quality of x-rays vs. RIPies and who has the best missions, etc till we are blue in the face and ready to throw our computers through the wall
Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Teching In

My God guys... we could seriously go back and forth on this all day long. I think we all know enough about each other to pick the topic to pieces, and without sending this conversation into opsec realms its only going to give me a massive headache. Obviously we all have our own preferences based on our placement choice... so seriously we can discuss the "best" stepping stones to various "detachments" and the quality of x-rays vs. RIPies and who has the best missions, etc till we are blue in the face and ready to throw our computers through the wall
That is what makes it so much fun. It is all in good fun atleast on my end anyway. I have nothing but the upmost respect for most of the guys in Ranger Batt. One of my good buddies who I went to sage with was and E6 when he started the course and he spent his whole career at 2nd Batt. He was always one of the best for giving out the ****. A great dude and a great medic.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Awww... I love you guys!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

To me it takes more thana thick skull..
I was a pt stud..Averageing 330's on PT test...But I was also a SGT in the infantry..And the thought of going through a course that long and getting yelled at scared the **** outta me....The thought of loosing 30 pounds when I was olny a buck 90 scared the hell out of me to...

But even more was the thought of failure..I saw a lot of high speed guys go and come back after being recycled numerous times...Im talking about not seeing them for 6-8 months and they come back as failing the course... Of course no one ever said anything to their face..But it was very hard for them...

And the story goes that often times when someone else knows they havent made it they will slack off on missions your in charge of and let you fail as well...

I could go on and on but for every 10 guys that dreams of being a Ranger maybey 1 try's out...

Takes a lot in my eyes..Especially once you have a little rank
Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Killemall;10915306]To me it takes more thana thick skull..
I was a pt stud..Averageing 330's on PT test...But I was also a SGT in the infantry..And the thought of going through a course that long and getting yelled at scared the **** outta me....The thought of loosing 30 pounds when I was olny a buck 90 scared the hell out of me to...

Sorry but you saying getting yelled at scared you away from Ranger School is sort of funny.

Quick Reply: Any Army Rangers??