Old 01-10-2009 | 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

can anyone tell me a good list off jobs that get overlooked in the army
Old 01-10-2009 | 02:40 PM
Banned

to jump out of planes and blow people up
Old 01-20-2009 | 11:26 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Main reason I joined (navy) is I hated school and didn't wanna go to college and didn't want my parents to have to fork over all that $$$$$ for college. Of course, what do I do? Go Nuke and spend the first year and 11 months in school...duh...oh well. It worked out pretty good. Reason I went nuke is because I heard they were quite marketable when getting out. 9 years later, I'm still in, but have 1 year, 3 months and 14 days left. I'm on shore duty now and a lot of guys from my code have been getting out. There seems to be no short of jobs for the qualified. Hopefully it's still that way when I get out. However, seeing what you are looking for, the navy nuke field has no action or anything of that sort. Shoot, 3 or 4 years ago they were looking for volunteers from the boat to go to the sandbox and when I inquired, I got told no...you're an E-6 Nuke, you're not going anywhere. Good luck!

Brian
Old 01-30-2009 | 10:38 PM
Teching In

I enlisted after an unsuccessful year in college. Mom and Dad informed me that I would be finding my own sources of income, so I enlisted after speaking to a friend who was already on AD. I got an aircrew job that sent me all over the world, usually 250 days a year TDY. After 5.5 years, I jumped to the AFReserves doing the same job, finished my degree, deployed less than half my active duty ops tempo, and then got into pilot training just prior to my 29th bday. I've been doin that for almost 8 years, and I passed the 16 year mark Dec 2008.
Old 01-30-2009 | 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

yeah right I don't think so

Originally Posted by ErikElvis
My friend is an army guard MP. He's been to the middle east at least 2 times now. If your gonna join something, join something that lets you walk around with a gun. I was in the Air guard and when the air force guys get sent away its no gun for you.
Old 02-01-2009 | 04:18 PM
Teching In

i signed up for the free undies and sweet hair cuts.
Old 02-06-2009 | 03:02 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

I needed a job thats why i signed up. Its a pretty easy life i think but there are plenty of times you will bust your *** depending on your base, and job. Make sure you get a job you like also and can do. I would only advise signing up for 4 years instead of 6 incase you REALLY dont like your job you can cross train to something else, or if the job pays well on the outside you can just get out if you want. Options are always nice.
First couple years kinda suck being low ranking if your single and live in the dorms you dont make a whole lot of money but if you tough it out you will make some money not a lot but enough I do pretty well for a 25 year old single E-5 so i cant complain just bought a new truck with plenty money left over

Quick Reply: Why you joined the military