Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

SFC LIST for the Army

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1
Im looking into but I don't think so... I reference the Reg and its not looking good...
I saw this online: http://www.bragg.army.mil/dhr/docs/PSB/STABinfo.pdf
Old 03-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Launching!

yea read that and also whats on the HRC website and the reg the only shot i have for a re-look is my PULHES on my ERB were in correct...when I SRP'd out of Hood during the Medical screening they were supposed to update my PULHES to reflect my P2..which is also the same reason a few of my ERB's have no PT data on them since I was in physical therapy and having surgeries. Any way my PULHES still reflect 111111 so that shows the board Im in perfect health when in fact it should read 121111 I dont know its a long shot but the only one I have for the STAB. The update was suppose to take place in Jan right after I left but obviously it didnt they failed to follow thru and that "might" be my reason..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I did not receive a PM for the two names I asked about. I live on Belvoir but I work at an Agency in Arlington.

MSG Baker
I know I typed one... guess it didn't send or something. I left the list on my work computer so I don't have it this weekend but if I remember right the 25P made it and the other name didn't get it.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pewter_LS1
yea read that and also whats on the HRC website and the reg the only shot i have for a re-look is my PULHES on my ERB were in correct...when I SRP'd out of Hood during the Medical screening they were supposed to update my PULHES to reflect my P2..which is also the same reason a few of my ERB's have no PT data on them since I was in physical therapy and having surgeries. Any way my PULHES still reflect 111111 so that shows the board Im in perfect health when in fact it should read 121111 I dont know its a long shot but the only one I have for the STAB. The update was suppose to take place in Jan right after I left but obviously it didnt they failed to follow thru and that "might" be my reason..
If you can prove the SRP dates and the profile date then you have a right as long as the profile was presented during the SRP. If they screwed up at least you have grounds. I have seen reasons range from stupid to record errors and people got promoted. Do it Shawn! You have exactly zero to lose.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

Shawn you will be mad to hear my 26 year old platoon sergeant is on the list lol.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Will do Drew, Im already getting on it spoke with my PLT SGT and my Warrant and going to make it happen. Should I get the PULHES fixed prior to the STAB Drew? whats your recomendation?....

Jimmy first off congrats on the mod status (fix my damn username man!!) hell Im mad that this focker I work with is on it..not his fault but damn 6 TIS 2 yrs TIG 8 yrs total and he gets a sequence number..WTFO!!
Old 03-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Default SFC Promotion Criteria

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Shawn you will be mad to hear my 26 year old platoon sergeant is on the list lol.
You know there is nothing in the regs that states an age criteria for promotion.

So long as the NCO displays a high maturity level and performance resembles that of a more seasoned leader...all that matters.

Just because someone didn't need 15 years to get it right doesn't mean they're a dirtbag....and when the board exhausts the primary list and chooses folks from the secondary it lets you know right there some of you still aren't getting it right. Maybe you need a few more years TIS.

I've busted my rear getting to where I am in life and in the army. I've worked extra hard to stay competetive because I am younger.

I suggest to all of you who have a problem with a guy like myself getting picked up to stop...and take a look in the mirror start examining what it is you need to get right... instead of sitting here on this discussion thread watching the parade go by.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by BS82

You know there is nothing in the regs that states an age criteria for promotion.

So long as the NCO displays a high maturity level and performance resembles that of a more seasoned leader...all that matters.

Just because someone didn't need 15 years to get it right doesn't mean they're a dirtbag....and when the board exhausts the primary list and chooses folks from the secondary it lets you know right there some of you still aren't getting it right. Maybe you need a few more years TIS.

I've busted my rear getting to where I am in life and in the army. I've worked extra hard to stay competetive because I am younger.

I suggest to all of you who have a problem with a guy like myself getting picked up to stop...and take a look in the mirror start examining what it is you need to get right... instead of sitting here on this discussion thread watching the parade go by.
Fast tracker there.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by BS82

You hit the nail on the head right there. I was also 26 when I made the list. I will be eligable for the 8 list before I'm 30. I've worked pretty ******* hard to get where I'm at too, lots of work and lots of time away from home (3 deployments). I finally landed a gig working at a school so I get to stay home for a while and do my instructor time. Remember, YOU promote yourself. NCOERs make or break you, not awards or any of the other BS.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

I am sorry guys I have to disagree. Just because you punch cards doesn't make you a worthy leader. I see it all the time with card and ticket punchers saying they have worked their *** off. Good leadership is good leadership. Period. If you lead your soldiers and take care of them and BTW that is the up-most responsibility of an NCO, then your evaluations just come out in the wash. I look back at my career and I received promotions when I served my soldiers well and could take on more responsibilities and taskings because they took care of the normal mundane business and I always did what a leader should do. Counsel, follow up, and enforce your standards. Bullshit NCOER's might get you a paycheck but it doesn't get you any respect and a reputation as a leader. Soldiers talk and I seem to always see my old soldiers around the world and 95% always comment on how tough it was to work for me but now they are leaders and they understand why it was that way. Getting your soldiers promoted fairly and on the correct timeline for their professional development should be the number one priority. MENTORSHIP.

If you are punching tickets then I feel sorry for your (I am the 1SG) mentality that you will have.

MSG Baker
Old 03-23-2009, 09:18 PM

Default Good NCOER doesn't = Bad Leader

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I am sorry guys I have to disagree. Just because you punch cards doesn't make you a worthy leader. I see it all the time with card and ticket punchers saying they have worked their *** off. Good leadership is good leadership. Period. If you lead your soldiers and take care of them and BTW that is the up-most responsibility of an NCO, then your evaluations just come out in the wash. I look back at my career and I received promotions when I served my soldiers well and could take on more responsibilities and taskings because they took care of the normal mundane business and I always did what a leader should do. Counsel, follow up, and enforce your standards. Bullshit NCOER's might get you a paycheck but it doesn't get you any respect and a reputation as a leader. Soldiers talk and I seem to always see my old soldiers around the world and 95% always comment on how tough it was to work for me but now they are leaders and they understand why it was that way. Getting your soldiers promoted fairly and on the correct timeline for their professional development should be the number one priority. MENTORSHIP.

If you are punching tickets then I feel sorry for your (I am the 1SG) mentality that you will have.

MSG Baker
MSG Baker,

I can see why you brought on this discussion. The person who responded stated that NCOERs are important. I am sure he didn't mean you focus solely on your NCOER he meant in comparison w/ other factors that the board looks at.

I've had excellent NCOERs and I got those by being a giver/ not a taker. I went above and beyond in every assignment. I put in a lot of sweat and a heap of personal time to take care of my unit and my Soldiers.

No ticket puncher here.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Here is the criteria for analysis (below) for promoting I know you all know this but its hard for me to swallow that a guy in my example has only been to 4 duty stations only received 4-5 NCOER's being able to exhibit to the board he has what it takes. I have excellent NCOERs. Been rated more then a few times in 40 level slots and so have others that I know personally that also got passed over, now they may have stuff in there records that Im not prevy too. Also in my case I beleive it was my lack of PT data in a few of them NCOER's that may have contributed to me being passed over that was no fault of my own. Due to surgeries and physical therapy kept me from PT tesing. But can you honestly say with only 4 duty assignments the guy in my example meets teh criteria for selection. What Im trying to say is the system is broke or atleast fractured. We had over 358 looked at they sellected 85 and in my example the guy I work with it was his first look in the secondary zone..so out of 358 screened they selcted 85 that leaves 273 and out of those 273 not one of them had achieved a higher criteria then this guy... just makes people think WTF is going on...

As far as fast trackers I have met alot of them and 90% of them if I dint know already their stats as far as TIG/TIS you couldnt /wouldnt even be able to tell they werent deserving thats how well of a NCO they are the other 10% Well its obvious they arent/werent ready to be SFC's by their actions/leadership skills/job performance etc.

Im just a little disgruntled right now but will continue doing what I am charged to do as a SSG with out hesitation and will do some researcha nd if i quality for a STAB I will do that and continue to March....good job and congrats to those who made it!!

e. Board Analysis. Boards consider the Soldier's performance record in the official file and a copy of the personnel qualification record. The board's analysis of the file includes a careful evaluation of many factors.

(1) Scope and variety of assignments.

(2) Estimate of potential (as reflected on evaluation) expected of an NCO at the next higher grade.

(3) Trends in efficiency.

(4) Length of service and maturity.

(5) Awards, decorations and commendations.

(6) education - both military and civilian.

(7) Moral standards.

(8) Integrity and character.

(9) General physical condition.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Baseless and inflated NCOER's were not the only thing I was refering to. Audie Murphy, being a board only soldier, the ole hook up your brother network, kissing a CSM's *** etc. etc.

Oh it's Andrew by the way.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Restricted User

Here's one for you. I've never been a drill sergeant, recruiter, held a staff position, been an instructor, been to the audie murphy board, been to any NCOY boards, kissed any CSM's ***, or been a PSG. Oh, my ERB had 2 ARCOMs and 2 AAMs on it when I got picked up.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Restricted User

One more thing, I'm not black or a mason so the "brother hookup" didn't happen and I don't have a college degree. PM me if you have any more questions.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Launching!

wow seriously... whats your MOS?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

18 or support for 18's.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by socmguy
One more thing, I'm not black or a mason so the "brother hookup" didn't happen and I don't have a college degree. PM me if you have any more questions.
No questions at all. I think I have a pretty good bead on why.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM

Default MOI for the FY09 SFC Board

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active...SFC/7MOI09.pdf
Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Restricted User

How the **** is Rear D looked upon as a "smiley face" or "gold star?" C, 13 and all the other bullshit non deployable jobs only last 3-4 years in the big army. This war has been going on for how long? If you've been hiding out your entire career, you're wrong.

Quick Reply: SFC LIST for the Army