Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

MARINES will LOVE this!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:58 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
no it doesn't... for a man who claims to have such an affinity for history and tradition. Yes, it was not organized by the PIC, but it never has been, and every president has gone to it since it was incepted, for over 50 years. Kind of makes it a tradition.
Well, when there is an estimated 1.8 million people in attendance (before Obama, the record was 1.2 million, LBJ) and arrests being made for conspiracy to assassinate him before he was even elected, I see nothing wrong with tradition taking a back seat to security. It was just a Ball. If there was a some Ball for premature babies that he didn't show up for, would people say he is disrespecting premature babies?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That POS doesnt even deserve to touch that uniform, disrespectful piece of ****
Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

holy smokes who does this guy think he is disrespecting my beloved corps like that i have done 2 pumps in iraq and 2 pumps in afghan.. thats some serious bs my fellow MARINES and myself have put our lives on the line and this is the thanks we get
Old 04-27-2009, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCS
Not really.
I'm not saying the MOH ball was any more or less important, but it's ignorant to say the disrespected them completely by not showing up. I think in his situation, there are things you can and cannot do (especially when guys in Colorado are being arrested for conspiracy to assassinate him BEFORE he was even elected) and I think attending the ball was one of them. I feel the same sentiments that the MOH recipients do, that "there are much more important issues to dwell on."

Does that change anyone's perspective?
Official or not, he is the first President ever invited to NOT show up. How long can they spend at these *****? 10, 15, 20 minutes? How difficult was it to juggle into the schedule? Stinks of disdain for the Medal of Honor recipients to me.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:57 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by Duffster
Official or not, he is the first President ever invited to NOT show up. How long can they spend at these *****? 10, 15, 20 minutes? How difficult was it to juggle into the schedule? Stinks of disdain for the Medal of Honor recipients to me.
Why is 20 minutes of his time at a Ball such a big deal then? The Salute to Heroes Ball is not for the President, and never was for the President, the Ball is for the MOH recipients. He knew he wasn't going to go, and invited them to the Commander-in-Chief's Ball as special guests with hotel and transportation provided. Some of you act like he completely disrespected the MOH recipients and left them out to dry, which is obviously not the case. Again, "there are much more important issues to dwell on."

I can tell you already have your mind made up, so I am not even going to try to convince you otherwise, but I will say that I pray this kind of trivial drama is all that you haters have to harp on. If that's the case, he should be 100 times better than our last Commander-in-Chief...
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Obama and his people had invited the MOH winners, then I am impressed. There is no sarcasm in my statement. I NEVER heard about this and feel that is one of the best 'olive-branches' being extended around here. That to me would be showing SOME respect.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by Duffster
If Obama and his people had invited the MOH winners, then I am impressed. There is no sarcasm in my statement. I NEVER heard about this and feel that is one of the best 'olive-branches' being extended around here. That to me would be showing SOME respect.
From Factcheck.org:

"Shortly after we posted this story, we heard from Josh Earnest of the Presidential Inaugural Committee. He told us that the president only attended the 10 official ***** organized by the PIC. (The Salute to Heroes is organized by the American Legion and is unofficial.) But, Earnest told us, "in order to show due respect to the Medal of Honor winners, they were special guests at the Commander in Chief's ball," which the president attended early in the evening. Earnest didn't know how many Medal of Honor recipients accepted the invitation to the Commander in Chief's ball, which is primarily targeted to military personnel, but added that the PIC also subsidized hotel rooms and provided ground transportation for the recipients while they were in DC."

I agree, at least it is something. I don't know the ins-and-outs of the decision not to go, but at worst I think it was just a poor decision. Like a lot of things in politics, I just don't think it's as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Teching In

**** that ****. he is a moron

brandon

USMC-6 years and lovin it

Old 04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Teching In

wow...just wow.

im not a member of any armed service but i was looking into the Marines at one point. i do respect all armed forces and what they do for our country and for our freedom, but to see any uniform disrespected like that...thats just terrible.

im sure mr. 50 cent wont be reading any hate mail or anything, and im surprised nobody on the production staff thought it was a bad idea
Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

That **** looks tight. I'm going to wear my **** like that to the ball this year.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KCS
If there was a some Ball for premature babies that he didn't show up for, would people say he is disrespecting premature babies?
Nah his stance on aborting babies up to the week before birth does that. Oh and to everyone in the military, guess everyone will get to join us in the VA hospitals by the time Obama's done. See you guys there.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
KCS

Originally Posted by kain01
Nah his stance on aborting babies up to the week before birth does that. Oh and to everyone in the military, guess everyone will get to join us in the VA hospitals by the time Obama's done. See you guys there.
Can you elaborate a bit?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the first part is Obama's stance on partial birth abortion. Granted I might have exaggerated (however slightly) on the week before part but it's up to like 36 weeks out of 40.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040102197.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...tialbirth.html

Basically they take an 8 month old baby (it stops being a fetus around week 10), and they extract the baby except for the head, and then take scissors, to its skull and extract dead baby. I'll leave you with a video of a doctor's video explaining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vnOaq7nWU

The above part to me is disgusting, and makes the president disgusting to me. I thank God I never had to serve with him as my Commander in Chief. Give me back Bush any day of the week over this long winded, look at me I'm a celebrity now sob. And the great thing about this country is I'm perfectly entitled to that opinion, and I actually have fought for it.

The second part was government health insurance, the military has had it available for a very long time (VA hospitals) and there is a reason dying people come to the US from Europe and Canada (where they have government health insurance). It's kind of like Communism, sounds great on paper, but the execution is absolutely horrible as most Communist parties have proved.

Hope you get to see this elaboration, I bet it gets deleted.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Sent this to my boyfriend and he's going to come unhooked. Im just glad he's at work right now. LOL
Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

I say draft his *** and send him to the sand. Wonder how many times he can get shot there?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer383
I say draft his *** and send him to the sand. Wonder how many times he can get shot there?
hopefully just one well placed 7.62 would do the trick
Old 05-15-2009, 04:20 AM
TECH Regular

**** all of them they are douche bags. It is a disrespect and a mockery to all the things we stand for. If you are a Marine and think this is ok you need to get the **** out or go UA.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:13 AM
KCS

Well the first part is Obama's stance on partial birth abortion. Granted I might have exaggerated (however slightly) on the week before part but it's up to like 36 weeks out of 40.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040102197.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...tialbirth.html

Basically they take an 8 month old baby (it stops being a fetus around week 10), and they extract the baby except for the head, and then take scissors, to its skull and extract dead baby. I'll leave you with a video of a doctor's video explaining it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vnOaq7nWU

The above part to me is disgusting, and makes the president disgusting to me. I thank God I never had to serve with him as my Commander in Chief. Give me back Bush any day of the week over this long winded, look at me I'm a celebrity now sob. And the great thing about this country is I'm perfectly entitled to that opinion, and I actually have fought for it.
Have you seen how the other abortions are done? The baby is ripped apart, piece by piece, and removed from the womb with an instrument similar to pliers. The doctor rips off whatever piece he can get ahold of, a leg, an arm, maybe even the head. Most "partial-birth" abortions are actually done at 4 months (or about 16 weeks). There is no abortion procedure that isn't disgusting, but that is the mother's choice (hence "pro-choice") to have done, and he he seems to be keeping it that way. Abortion is a touchy subject, no matter which side you are on, you can't please everyone. "Partial-birth" abortions are the same way, some say it should be illegal, some stand behind it. I for one concern myself with what I consider more pressing issues, but from my point of view, I like that he is not making something illegal and taking away an option available to the mother.

The second part was government health insurance, the military has had it available for a very long time (VA hospitals) and there is a reason dying people come to the US from Europe and Canada (where they have government health insurance). It's kind of like Communism, sounds great on paper, but the execution is absolutely horrible as most Communist parties have proved.

Hope you get to see this elaboration, I bet it gets deleted.
What reason is that? I always thought we just had the better facilities and doctors. From what I have seen, those hospitals don't turn people away for not having insurance. They don't wait in the waiting room, bleeding and coughing to death, until their insurance is verified. I don't think the goal here is communism, that's a bit extreme (OK very extreme) IMO. The goal is to provide everyone with access to medical coverage. Of course, I haven't had to use any doctors or hospitals outside of the VA since I got out of highschool, and I have been pleased so far, so maybe I'm a little off base here. Maybe I'm just being a little more optimistic.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Send him to the Island!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LCplmarine98
**** all of them they are douche bags. It is a disrespect and a mockery to all the things we stand for. If you are a Marine and think this is ok you need to get the **** out or go UA.
I second that ****!!!!

50 ******

Quick Reply: MARINES will LOVE this!