Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Air Force guys help me out

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry I havent replied more Im on leave for my wedding which is later on this day, I know he wont give up or quit hes not the average guy, hes going to be working out pretty hardcore for the next few months and after talking with me and a few buddies I think he is going to go in as an EOD or ATC and continue training. Once he sees what all those other guys really do and getting an inside perspective he wanted to change jobs after 24 months is his plan right now. He is really interested in the EOD and stuff, I think the ATC would be a great latteral to the civilian world but we will see what happens.

Now as far as boot goes, I hope I dont offend anyone but I have heard its pretty cake or it used to be, but I guess its 9 weeks instead of 6 now. What should he do to prepare himself if its actually tough?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Teching In

for the average male basic training is not tough, just some running and cals. really easy **** IMO.

EOD is a good pick, long hours of school though.

CCT dudes are ATC qualified.

ATC has a decent lateral program into CCT if he wants to go that route, EOD does not.

your brother should go for what he wants initially, don't waste limited slots in high demand careers.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Hey, im venomhp's bro and i appreciate all the info...thanks guys
Old 06-07-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Even if the guy is built to run in Iron Man competitions, I wouldn't count on making it through PJ or CCT school. Too many variables, i.e., injuries that could happen that could get a person washed out. If I was truly dedicated to making it through, I'd take it day-to-day and see what happens. One PJ Instructor I was with in the NCO Academy told me, "all I knew is, realistically they were not out to kill me with the training, but I'd sure feel like dying some days, LOL".
Old 06-08-2009, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Regular basic is cake. You have to be in somewhat shape and you'll skate through...

EOD and ATC are both tough schools. EOD being much harder. Pretty high washout rate, but a good job. I'd personally go for ATC. Get out, get a great job. Decide to reenlist, get a 90k bonus. Sounds pretty win win to me...

Quick Reply: Air Force guys help me out