Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Retention NCO's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Retention NCO's?

I went to talk to my retention NCO today about possibly reclassing but they said I couldn't reclass because I'm on assignment for my next duty station... My question is why can't I? I have not recieved hard copy orders yet, and my friend reclassed 2 months before he left Korea... Long after he was on assignment and he already had a copy of his orders.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like your retention NCO dosent want to do the leg work on this. There are reasons however that you will not be able to reclass, ie your MOSs in and out call, and the MOS in and out call that you want to reclass to, and your GT score can hold you back, as well a security clearance. I have never seen a PCS keeping someone from reclassing. I would try to hit up the next level of the Retention NCO, Battalion, Brigade, or the Division NCOs. Someone has the right answer, and if it is your PCS for some reason that is keeping you from reclassing, then find out why and if you can get the orders deleted. If you reclass, you prob will not get that duty station with your new MOS. The orders have you slotted for your preasent MOS, so if you reclass, theny will have to delete your orders and slot someone else to fill that opening. So I would say its not really your PCS that doing this, its the extra paper work and deleting orders that is keeping you from reclassing.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

I have a secret clearance, 113 GT score... I know those aren't holding me back. She didn't ask what I was wanting to reclass to, so that one wasn't holding me back either. From what I've been hearing, my current MOS (19D) isn't really hurting for people. I'm going to call my branch manager and see if he can take those off for a bit and go back to retention. Just a pain in the ***, I have to stay up late to get a hold of him being that I'm stationed in Korea.

Quick Reply: Retention NCO's?