Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Fort Huachuca

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Huachuca

Well im off to basic on the 23rd of this month then im going down to Huachuca for 46 weeks of AIT, im moving my family down there and my recruiter mentioned something about MWR, looked it up online and apparently theres a full shop i can use to work on the camaro?? Sound like fun when i looked it up it said prices are listed in the shop and to "come visit" 2 problems, 1 im in the valley and going to tucson to visit a shop... my wife would smack me silly lol and 2, my dependant ID expired so i cant even look around until i get there lol

Anybody used it? Im pretty curious personally, if i can pull it off my LS2 swap will be happening there, if not i can atleast prep the car for it (SFC's, built rear etc)
Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

yep, use it all the time, although not at Huachuca. The Auto Crafts Shop is a GREAT way to learn and save cash. They have hydraulic lifts, flat bays, air tools, torque wrenches, full sets of wrenches and ratchets and...pretty much everything. A vast majority of the shops have machine shops and welders/torches. The civilians who work there are all ASE certified. Yes, you can fill out contracts for storing your car inside overnight and also on-site storage. Some shops even have towing capability, though it is becoming cost-prohibitive to use that service.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Teching In

sweet! im not in it for the learning, i went to college and got my certs in automotive i just never went out and got my ASE's cuz i didnt feel like blowing $200 a test to get a job in industry, it wasnt looking too bright for a while there so i ended up joining the army and somehow getting MI.... good thing i went through the trouble of going to college

i wanna figure out the prices because right now im trying to tear down my car and swap the LS as fast as possible, with my kid on the way after shes born the camaro goes on the back burner, but my TBI motor is on its last flimsy leg lol im a gearhead by heart so ill probably end up spending alot of time there

Quick Reply: Fort Huachuca