Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Fort Eustis??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fort Eustis??

anyone been there whats the deal there? im only going there because im reclassing and changing mos's but im curious what the place is like.

thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Staging Lane

What are you curious about specifically, I'm at fort lee, but are you looking for the AIT setup, the post itself, the weather?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Teching In

some simple local spots for f-body's a mess load of mustangs there no fun except for racing em lol. As far as the base, its just another tradoc base like any other one, nice and uptight about everything. Are you reclassing into aviation or transportation. I graduated there as a 15t, schoolhouse for aviation isnt too bad, base is pretty small theres like two routes to run there and thats it. Norfolk and V.A. Beach have some nice spots around there. Very humid in the next few months to come, gonna sweat your *** off out there. Lot of historic stuff out there if youre into that whole scene jamestown,yorktown,williamsburg.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Teching In

yea im reclassing from a tank mechanic. do you get stuck living with all the newbies? also can you have a vehicle there?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fritos11
anyone been there whats the deal there? im only going there because im reclassing and changing mos's but im curious what the place is like.

thanks!
What MOS are you reclassing to? I'm in the 88 field. If I remember right Delta Company is VERY relaxed. I remember seeing them out there BBQing and having a good time. I think it's pretty easy for reclassers but, it's all based on my observations. I've never reclassed. I don't know about the car thing. Hopefully you can bring it because VA Beach is nice for cruising. (It's about 45 min. from base.) I had my bird there over a Spring/Summer timeframe during BNCOC. I had a blast. Also, I'm not sure when it will happen but I know that the 88 school house is moving to Ft Lee.

Either way, enjoy your time out there. It isn't too bad, (if you're not stationed there).

-Chris

Quick Reply: Fort Eustis??