Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marine Corps wont recruit me :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
lol you know whats sooooo funny, i joined the marine corps 6 years ago, without a diaploma or a GED. Still in in right now, just got my ged last year. No one can figure out how i got in without a diaploma or GED.
One of the kids in my high school (~'99-'00) dropped out and went in the Marines. Granted he likely wasn't the average recruit. Hell...during the recruiting push at the height of OIF, it sounded like the Army was willing to take anyone with a pulse.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Launching!

lol yea i remember like 2 years ago the marines were taking people in like crazy, my friend is a small Filipino guy like 5 foot 5 and skiiiny as hell, he had a small anarchy tattoo on his wrist, the recruiter went out of his way to clean up the tattoo with his own money and got him in quick as hell, pretty much if they wanted you, they will get you lol
but alot has changed since they are now full..

and yes i noticed at meps that the army is taking just about anybody..
there were about 35 national guard, 35 army, 2 marines, 15 air force 20 navy, 0 coast guard lol
wanted to go infantry but my contract is 6 years, i cant really use that out here, although they are paying for everything in college im thinking maybe go infantry have a lil fun on the weekends, get deployed see some combat, come home go to college to be a mechanic..
OR i can just be a mechanic for the 5 ton and below and go to college brush up on some more mechanic classes get a job at the base and still have fun driving all the humvees..
eitherway id be serving my country proud and having fun gettin an education
Old 04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are trying to clean up the Marines a little not taking just anyone and kicking people out that mess up just a little. In the last 3 months I've seen 8 kicked out a few of these really messed up and 15 med out as if they never ever even joined the MC. For them not Being up front with little medical issues they had. They lose all benfits these were all marines in less then 2 years
Old 04-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
lol you know whats sooooo funny, i joined the marine corps 6 years ago, without a diaploma or a GED. Still in in right now, just got my ged last year. No one can figure out how i got in without a diaploma or GED.
You seriously don't know why they accepted u??? Operation Freedom had just started. That's why the took u. Don't get me wrong, thanks for you're service, but that has to be the reason they looked the other way.

Quick Reply: Marine Corps wont recruit me :(