Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

USAFA Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USAFA Car Club

Hey guys, a couple of us cadets here at the Air Force academy have started a cadet car club. Basically its just a club for cadets who like cars. We plan on doing drag races and our major event of the year, an car show at the Air Force Academy airfield. This is a brand new club so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn cadets...ugh.

I'm assuming they still have the cadet car loan program? That's what got me into my SS while I was there, and my SS is what got me into cars. Sometimes I think my car was the only thing that kept me sane towards the end there...

Sorry...just rambling, so no great advice from me.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by 2000pontiacws6
Hey guys, a couple of us cadets here at the Air Force academy have started a cadet car club. Basically its just a club for cadets who like cars. We plan on doing drag races and our major event of the year, an car show at the Air Force Academy airfield. This is a brand new club so any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Keep it organized and professional. Especially if you are meeting on USAFA grounds I expect you won't be peeling out and racing down the main drag when on "base."

Easy way is to get some stickers and/or tshirts made. Obviously you have a small audience since its a USAFA car club, but you should be a tight knit group so I suspect shouldn't have much trouble keeping attendance and enthusiasm high.

I'd also say find a night you guys can all go out and meet up at a Sonic or another car friendly (aka: parking lot) eatery. Make it a weekly thing.

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Damn cadets...ugh.

I'm assuming they still have the cadet car loan program? That's what got me into my SS while I was there, and my SS is what got me into cars. Sometimes I think my car was the only thing that kept me sane towards the end there...

USAA offers an Officer Commissioning loan (25k for OTS/ROTC and 30k for Zoomies).

I used that toward my then TBSS and the sale of that carried over to my Z06.

-Proud ROTC grad
Old 04-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Proud ROTC grad
That's almost as bad as those OTS guys...
Old 04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Damn cadets...ugh.

Yeah we still have the loan program here, but most of us in the club already have our cars and are just going to make them better with the loan haha.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/user/USAFACadetCarClub

just posted a video of some of the club cars, last pics are my 00 T/A WS6

Quick Reply: USAFA Car Club