Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

joining the military is easy now

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

makes me sick knowing that kids think they can jump into this stuff i lost alot of blood sweat and tears to get where im at today and if he makes it to the third ranger batt or fifth group i will make sure he really enjoys his time

and yes you can get into sf after basic but to get it as a mos you need a 110 gt score on your asvap but there still is more to it with clearences and such
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Banned

Kid is a ****** asshat, please link him to this thread so the lulz can reach epic proportions.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Just to throw this out there.......... but, Marine Recruiters dont get paid by writing contracts........
Old 08-08-2010, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

toughest ****? kid wouldn't last 5 minutes in a ring with me... lol, hes an idiot...
Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had a friend have the same happen to him, I kept trying to tell him that they were just telling him BS lies to get him to sign the papers....haven't seen or heard from him since he left for basic (this was last year) I wonder what crap job he ended up getting stuck with.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

its like people dont believe others with experience.

who would you believe with a 4th gen....a friend who has owned one for several years or the salesman??

i knew someone who was PSD for gen. petraeus(i did PSD for ltgen lovelace), he ran 9min 2mile, and was over 100 pu/su, also had a recommendation from Petraeus and still DIDNT get recruited for SF
Old 08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Holy ****. That kid is a ******* idiot.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcam?
Just to throw this out there.......... but, Marine Recruiters dont get paid by writing contracts........
The only thing we get for writing contracts is being told to write more contracts. I ******* hate recruiting and talking to little bitch *** high school kids. I dont lie to them though. I could honestly care less if they join or not. Heres who we are and what we do. Take it or leave it. LOL

We do have recon contracts though, its an extended contract and you have to have a 1st class pft 2nd class swim qual....but if you dont pass the school you dont get your bonus and you are basic infantry.

I put one kid in on it and he failed the school and straight up said "**** you" and went deserter status.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
NKAWTG...N

OP: Please have this **** face come to the board. You can get 18X in your contract but that isn't Delta, that is only a promise that you can go to SF indoc. Statistically...you will fail.

But if he is the baddest mother **** in the world, then he would pass Airborne and Ranger no problem I guess (granted Airborne isn't all that difficult).

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
Said I wanted to be a pilot and they promised I'd be put into ROTC right after I got done with basic. Didn't want to waste my time with their talk. Now I'm a pilot and did it privately. Most guys that fly didn't even go through ROTC untill after they graduated college with a degree. A little thing they leave out is that you have to be hand picked out of the ROTC to attend flight training and then pass the test to even see the inside of an airplane. Typically, only 15% are asked to attend flight training and less than 7% actually become pilots. They just don't throw anyone in as a pilot who wants to be one. It''s a lot of work. Special forces are the same way. You have to prove yourself before you get reccomended to test for it. If you want to fly, go to college. Get your degree, then join the ROTC. Much more sensible and guaranteed way so you don't get shoved in a desk or thrown on the ground in the front line.
Yea...swing and a miss. Turbo pretty much hit the nail on the head:

Originally Posted by turbo
You do not attend college, get a degree and then join ROTC. In fact, you attend college, join ROTC(while in college) and then graduate and get a degree with the hopes of being a pilot. If you want to have a better shot, attend USAF Academy in Colorado Springs and graduate at the top of your class. If you are in a typical university and in ROTC, you better be in the top of your class and in the top percentage of ROTC to have a real chance at a pilot slot.
Pretty much anyone who graduates from the Zoo can get a rated slot if they want one. It's much more competitive in ROTC, but it can be done (I got one).

OTS is a great deal because you go to a Rated Board, so you know what your AFSC will be before you sign any commitments. ROTC doesn't work like that, you might not get your pilot slot but by the time you find out you already owe them atleast 4 years (6 for ABM, 8 for NAV).

But you couldn't PAY me to go to the Zoo.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Also want to throw this out there...

Navy recruiters don't get paid extra for putting people in either.. I get my same pay if I put no one in or if I put 10 people in.

In fact, we were just told that next month our entire recruiting district (from the Tampa area all the way Puerto Rico) has a goal of 40 people next month, and we can not put in more. Well, that means a goal of 1 person per station and my station has 5 people in it, so we will decide amongst ourselves who gets that spot.

There are a lot of misconceptions about recruiting...and most often the people who talk about the process the most, don't know **** about it..
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
There are a lot of misconceptions about recruiting...and most often the people who talk about the process the most, don't know **** about it..
Word like a ************.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Teching In

not sure if this is correct but i remember reading a book on delta and I think you must have 4 years prior s/f service, normally rangers, before being accepted for training at a minimum. I know more about the seals but delta is more like seal team 6 used to be before they were disbanded for taking some base CO hostage during a red drill. from what I understand they had him tied to a chair in his own office for 3 days before anyone noticed anything odd.

Quick Reply: joining the military is easy now