Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

promotion points through ATIA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default promotion points through ATIA?

i was looking into corespondence courses and wound up on ATIA taking a few classes on things such as case studies in terrorism, biological warfare, etc.
am i actually getting any promotion points by doing this or will io hgave to take classes at my unit?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Teching In

the way that atia works, is your doing correspondence courses, ask any e4p or nco in your unit, they will tell you that there is a transfer rate of like 3 or 5 hours per promotion point, hence you get a 1000 hours done and thats your maximum amount for your military education points. The whole entire points system is changing within the next 10 or so months, so if you do enroll in any classes, try to make them actual courses and not individual modules because the point system is set up to where you receive your points when you reach 320 hours of full courses, not individual modules. Good luck, get as many done as you can, dont slack off to get points till 2 weeks before going to the board lol a lot of guys do it.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Launching!

so the points i earn, how are they recorded? do i have to print anything off or is it stored in my AKO automatically?
and whats the dif in actual courses and individual modules? can i do the actual courses at my own pace?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's 5 course hours=1 promotion point and you max out at 75 points, so 5 x 75=375 course hours to max out your promotion points. You really should print them out and give them to your training/readiness NCO so they can input them and you get credit for them on your 4100 and print an extra copy for yourself so you have a record of them because we all know that things in the military come up missing.... You can do them at your own pace, but the last I knew, you had one year after signing up to complete them or you have to sign back up for the course.

Quick Reply: promotion points through ATIA?