Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

gettin stationed in ft carson. (anyone hunt there?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gettin stationed in ft carson. (anyone hunt there?)

got orders for ft carson the other week, plannin on drivin my camaro out there from NC after leave. ive heard a few people laugh when i told them i was goin there with a 2wd sports car.

also wanted to ask, im a single soldier, so how would i go about bringing a personal firearm for hunting purposes? ive heard horror stories about keeping it in the unit's arms room. i thought about renting a storage unit off post and keeping it there. anyone have thoughts on this? or would it be less trouble to just bring a bow?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by colt_impala
got orders for ft carson the other week, plannin on drivin my camaro out there from NC after leave. ive heard a few people laugh when i told them i was goin there with a 2wd sports car.

also wanted to ask, im a single soldier, so how would i go about bringing a personal firearm for hunting purposes? ive heard horror stories about keeping it in the unit's arms room. i thought about renting a storage unit off post and keeping it there. anyone have thoughts on this? or would it be less trouble to just bring a bow?
Good luck driving the car around in the snow. It's been snowing alot the past few winters. My wife is currently still there while I'm in Korea and I'm hoping to get back there, we'll see.

You can take the firearm, however once you get to your barracks room firearms are not authorized in there. You will have to register the weapons on post at the vehicle registration office and then keep it in your units arms room.

Weapon can be moved to and from a range or hunting. Oh and, no bows in the barracks either. Basiclaly no weapons at all in the barracks.

Carson is an awesome assignment, the Springs is really nice, get ready to deploy.

Quick Reply: gettin stationed in ft carson. (anyone hunt there?)