Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

just graduated from USMC recruit training

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

****** boot. go haze yourself.

MCT is gay. it's boot camp except shorter and with the weekends off. MOS school should be real fun depending on where your at.

also i don't know too much about the intelligence side of the house. i don't ever work with them. all i know is that you will be riding a desk most of the time.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 20TA02
dont be that 10% or associate yourself with the 10%... they are everywhere and they make the Marine Corps look bad...

welcome to the family...
lol the 10% **** is a myth. everybody is a **** bag. it's just that some are better at hiding it.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When you get to the fleet, learn how to drink.

And stay away from the bars and strip clubs around base. Especially car dealerships around base. Switch your bank to USAA or Navy Fed, Pacific Marine will **** you one way or another. Stay away from WM's. Do your 7 MCI's. Actually go to the gym. Don't do spice.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithm89

And stay away from the bars and strip clubs around base. Especially car dealerships around base. Switch your bank to USAA or Navy Fed, Pacific Marine will **** you one way or another. Stay away from WM's. Do your 7 MCI's. Actually go to the gym. Don't do spice.
^^ burn that into your brain

strippers (and car salesmen) know the days you get paid and the pay rate for every rank down to the penny (ask me how I know)

also Pacific Marine is the devil - $35 overdraft charge whether the purchase is a grand or $.01. I bought some stuff from the PX, lunch, a few other items - less than $40 total on payday. Pacific Marine claims the funds arent available until the next day despite showing the deposit on my online statement. They hit me with TEN overdraft charges so I owed them $350 for less than $40 of crap... fk 'em
Old 12-09-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithm89

Best advice yet.

Congrats on making it thru. MCT is O.K. As someone already stated, it's kinda like bootcamp, but the instructors call you Marines instead of nasty bodies.

Good luck man. Enjoy your time.

Oh yeah, if you aren't already married, don't do it. Wait till you get out.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinR
Best advice yet.

Congrats on making it thru. MCT is O.K. As someone already stated, it's kinda like bootcamp, but the instructors call you Marines instead of nasty bodies.

Good luck man. Enjoy your time.

Oh yeah, if you aren't already married, don't do it. Wait till you get out.

Ooo, forgot about the marriage part.

Also don't drink and drive, especially driving back on base...I'm an MP and trust me, as much as I don't like to **** over other Marines, the civilian "cops" on base sure do love to.

Don't spend more money than what you have.

Other than that...I can't really think of anything else.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats Marine. One thing I will add. Do not be on time. Be early. If you are not 10 minutes prior you are LATE!

In all honesty, have a good time, do your MCI's and drink milk. Do not go and waste your money on a motel for liberty so you can go to Club 108 or the mall. Do NOT buy motto shirts wearing them out in town looking like the Gieger tiger, just blend in as best you can. I loved my time in the Corps and actually trying to get back in. Do not do recruiting duty, do MSG or DI instead. MSG was the best 31 months I ever spent in the Corps.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Welcome to the gun club. You, being a 02, have to learn a few things before you go to VA for your A-school. 1, keep a low profile. Follow uniform regulations, but not to the point where you stand out amongst a crowd (i.e., screaming high 'n tight + any moto-gear [anything cammie or USMC related] + backpack [especially the digi ones, which you can't wear with cammies anyways]). I mean, really, NO MOTO gear. Learn how to dress "conservatively".
At your A-school, be 15 minutes early to everything.
As far as stationing goes...don't go to: Okinawa, anywhere in North Carolina, or Virginia. It's nowhere near as great as it sounds.
Stay away from strip clubs, especially around base. Whatever your boot buddies say might be a good time, take a second and REALLY THINK about it...it's probably not only a bad idea, but can get you in a lot of trouble. This doesn't apply to all things, but it does apply to a lot of things.
You don't get weekends off in MCT. It's fun, though...kinda. It's not ITB, though...and don't get yourself caught at SAC company.
What was said about money above ESPECIALLY applies to you, my friend. Money issues can get your clearance yanked quickly. Those money loan places outside of base, especially, stay away from those.
If you have an opportunity to go to MARSOC as an 0231, DO IT.

Oh yeah, and once you get to the fleet...make friends with your local 2600s.

Quick Reply: just graduated from USMC recruit training