Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

bound for camp alamo, kabul.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default bound for camp alamo, kabul.

anyone who's been speak up, i want to know what i'm in for. no one in my unit has been to that part of afghanistan. i've researched it a little, it looks ok but i want to hear your experiences.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Bagram from January to August, about 30 miles north of Kabul. I can only really speak for the weather of the area since i was never in Kabul. But if gets cold as **** in the winter and somewhat hot (but very very dry) in the summer. Summer will only get into the low 90s most of the time with a few days near or above 100. and in the right now, the Kabul is already getting into the 20s. with in the heart of winter, it was almost daily getting in the the low 10s and single digits. It gets very windy starting in may and that last until September (if you will be there that long). The hardest thing I had to adjust to was the altitude. My base sit at 1800 feet, and Bagram was almost 5000, with Kabul sitting at almost 6000. From what I hears about Kabul is that it isn't too bad, but its still afghan and the facilities there suck everywhere. Food was the number one complaint i heard from done there.

Last edited by ColeGraham; 11-20-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well i'm glad the loaded us down with cold weather gear. thanks for the info man.