Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

The new AA1 Rifle

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011 | 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol thats funny

I'll say this... there's a reason why a Marine stands post outside the office of every Cabinet member. There's a reason a Marine stands guard when the President boards and departs both Marine One and Air Force One. There's also a very good reason why the United States has continued to support the Marine Corps for over 230 years when it has a perfectly 'good' Army. Since the Marines supposedly have little to no intelligence, I'll leave it up to you to figure out that very simple reason.

/thread
Old 02-24-2011 | 04:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KevinR
If I remember correctly, wasn't it Bravo Co. Marines 1st Battalion 2nd Mar Div that ended up securing Marjah back in March of last year? Hmmmm..

Anyways, it's all in good fun man. Relax...We're all on the same team.
No, it was actually a company of 2nd battalion 508th parachute infanftry and A co 1-17 infantry that secured it when the Marines couldn't do it on their own.

There's a difference between poking fun and just being completely wrong about something.
Old 02-24-2011 | 04:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VinR1
and how is it that every single person that has posted in this thread knows we're all playing and poking fun at each other... except you?
Playing and poking fun are fine, but poking fun in the sense that you say is happening is the equivelent to me saying the Marines didn't secure Peleilu (sp) and the majority of the pacific islands during WWII. It just seems kinda fucked to me when its discredit and wrong information across the board.
Old 02-24-2011 | 04:22 AM
Staging Lane

Smile

Originally Posted by VinR1
lol thats funny

I'll say this... there's a reason why a Marine stands post outside the office of every Cabinet member. There's a reason a Marine stands guard when the President boards and departs both Marine One and Air Force One. There's also a very good reason why the United States has continued to support the Marine Corps for over 230 years when it has a perfectly 'good' Army. Since the Marines supposedly have little to no intelligence, I'll leave it up to you to figure out that very simple reason.

/thread
You guys can stand wherever you want at any given time in your blues and look really cool. The Army will keep winning the wars for the country while you do it.
Old 02-24-2011 | 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
Fixed! lol

Heyyyy I caught that! lololol
Old 02-26-2011 | 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ponch95
Heyyyy I caught that! lololol
I wondered how long it'd take, lol. How'd you end up in white sands as a grunt?!
Old 02-27-2011 | 02:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well that was a few years back, my old boss (CSM Curry) ask me to come down and be his aide and my branch manager told me to go find someplace to take a break due to a back to back to back deployment. So I went down there for 14 months..could have stayed longer but I heard 1-1 AD was rolling out to Iraq one last time...so I kissed the wife, patted the dog and did one more in Iraq (makes 4 in Iraq and 2 in Afgan) I just arrived in Germany so we will see how things go over here.
Old 02-28-2011 | 03:03 AM
10 Second Club

Anything with an X in front of it isn't real or an issue rifle. I have tons of stuff from (General Dynamics) on the XM103 and XM125 sitting in my shop from 4-5 years ago (30 level armament shop NCOIC) but that stuff still hasnt even hit the SF regiment yet, because they're still using 7.62 miniguns on their trucks. The stark reality is the budget isn't there, and with recent cuts, this stuff will either get shelved or put on hold like the other 1,000 projects in the experimental and future weapons program. This stuff doesn't bring much of anything new to the table. There isn't a man made or natural barrier that a person can hide behind that's going to make a damn bit of difference if a (25mm APHE or SABOT) round hits it or explodes above it to get a kill on a target, especially in the current theatre of operations.