Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone AF SecFo?? or in San Antiono??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone AF SecFo?? or in San Antiono??

So long story short..Enlisted AFReserve last October to be a CATM instructor (only reason i went reserve is because im real close to finishing my CJ degree)..graduated basic and currently in Security Forces tech school (got 5 weeks left)..I made a thread in October about whether or not to join and all i have to say is that it was one of the best decisions of my life..ya sometimes its pretty shitty but other times we get to do things the general public will never see..Currently i really want to go active and was wondering if any of you guys know how hard it is to put in for OSI and if i had to wait the normal re-class time to do so? its not that i don't like SF because im gonna be CATM but if i wasn't catm then i would hate to do routine security or gate work that's not what i signed up for..any info back on that is appreciated..anyways ive been in SA for about 4 months now..not too bad of a city other than its way to freaking hot here..was wondering if there were any meets or when a groups is going to the drag strip? i seen there was midnight madness last night but i couldn't make it and wasnt sure if it was gonna be all ricers or what, doesn't really matter though i don't have the car here and its not up anyways..Currently buying turbo parts for my new build and cant wait to get home to start working on it..

Preciate the help and lookin forward to checkin out the local cars here soon..
Old 06-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Well if you're reserve, first of all good luck getting into active duty right now. They're kicking people out left and right as it is and though I admit I don't know the process I'm fairly certain it's incredibly tough to go from reserve to active duty. As far as the OSI thing is concerned you have to be at least SrA to put your application in. I know for sure you have to be able to get a TS clearance, but other than that I'm not sure about the qualifications. Good luck.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check out the Texas Section on meets.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:12 AM
12 Second Club

Texasracers.com
Tate
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

appreciate the info guys, ya i kinda figured itd be hard to go to active, ill probably have to just do active reserve which is fine i guess..

Quick Reply: Anyone AF SecFo?? or in San Antiono??