Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Navy Reserves or Active Duty?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Navy Reserves or Active Duty?!

hey whats up guys! so i posted here awhile ago that i was planning on joining the navy for active duty. well its been a few months and ive completed all my paperwork, taken and passed the asvab. i was scheduled for my second trip to meps for the physical and job last week but my recruiter informed me the day before that we had to reschedule because they ran out of job openings for active duty and only reserve jobs were available. well now im waiting for him to get back to me once he finds out when the next active duty jobs open up. but in the past few days ive been becoming a little more interested in the reserves. mainly because im about to finish my AA in criminal justice and would love to get my BA. my ultimate goal is to become a cop. the recruiter recommended the reserves to me given my plans and goals but i really dont know much or the big differences besides the fulltime and partime gigs. any advise, info or comments would be great thanks!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it really all depends on what your plans are in the Navy. There are alot of Jobs that aren't really available because of the downsizing and cuts. I suspect every branch is feeling similar pains. As far as being a cop later, if you were looking to go MA because of that, I think alot of law enforcement agencies will take you on due to your military background not just because of your MA rating. If you wanted to do something different, special programs are always an option and will give the better bonuses and advancement opportunities. Even they can afford to start being more picky on who they let into the program.

Quick Reply: Navy Reserves or Active Duty?!