Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

What do you guys prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do you guys prefer?

Well ive been thinking. Im stationed here overseas (in the army and in germany) what do you guys prefer to do? Take your cars/ hotrods to the shops to have them worked on? Or do it yourself? I dont have any of my tools here to work on mine. they are all back home. I was thinking of guying a big tool box and ordering tools and such but i think it will end up costing alot in the end. What do you guys prefer/think?

Brandon
Old 09-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Teching In

I always used the auto hobby shop for routine MX.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Does the auto shop on post not have tools you can use? I don't think it'd be worth it to buy the tools and have to bring them back to the states. How long you been in Bamberg? I have a few friends that went there and just deployed.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:31 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Bamberg autoskills shop has a lot to be desired. If your in 16SB and moving to Baumholder it is even less desirable. best bet is go aand piece your self together a Craftsmen set from the PX. It will save you a lot of time going to the tool counter.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Staging Lane

Been here since april. This place seems deserted at times being such a smaller post here. I didnt think you could work on your own cars here on post. I know 173rd just deployed. I might have to look at a small tool set. Anyone here have a mechanics dream tool box or anything of that sort? That they brought with house hold goods or anything? I know my friend had bought it with him but he was in the states. Must be easier
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well in vilseck the craft shop suck ***** big slimy ones. The germans in there had no clue on a American built anything. I just rented a lift and used my own tools. But the problem is when u pcs you may be over weight. I had a 97 Camaro z28 black 6sp 383 3.42 gears they where 4.10. The Autobahn changed that. Other than that i couldent wait tohit the bahn on friday.

Quick Reply: What do you guys prefer?