Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone currently stationed overseas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by codewhitfield
You're not alone. I'm over here in Okinawa.
my wife has orders to go to kadena, and we apllied for join spouse...is it a pain in the *** to get my T/A over there? nobdy has been able to give me any info on it...shoot me a PM if you get a chance
Old 12-02-2005, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude there is some kind of SOFA agreement that hasent been updated in a long time from what I have heard. Anyway I think the car has to be older then a 73 or something like that to get shipped there. Other then that its on your own dime. So Park your car and get a skyline! Cheap and a dime a dozen.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Hey I heard about nurburgring. Is it cool? Like 70 turns right? How much it cost? That is surely on my list next year. I am gonna have to pray that my car doesnt break. Also is there a straight away on that road? How long? I want to see how fast I can get the car up too im throwing a 200 mph speedo in so I can see how far past 155 mph I can go.

Hey most autobahn roads in Germany have no speed limit. When you see the white circle sign with two lines in it, that mean unlimited speed. However, be very causious, there will be times when you will have to decrease to 130 without warning. Then 100 then back to unlimited. Not too good for gas milage. O yea, that's Ks by the way. Also, watch your back, they will be coming!

I need to get to Nurburgring too.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:29 AM
Teching In

Hey I heard about nurburgring. Is it cool? Like 70 turns right? How much it cost? That is surely on my list next year. I am gonna have to pray that my car doesnt break. Also is there a straight away on that road? How long? I want to see how fast I can get the car up too im throwing a 200 mph speedo in so I can see how far past 155 mph I can go.
it is really cool. It was like 15 euro a lap but I think it is going up some for next year. you can find a map of it here http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/map.html. you can find a bunch of other good info on that page too. there is a straight but it is where you begin and end so be carefull. by the time I got stopped the brakes barely worked and smoke started poring out from them. if you do nurburgring I would advice keeping it kinda slow on the first couple laps because there are a lot of blind corner or you will crest a hill and be like f*ck I gotta turn.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Dude there is some kind of SOFA agreement that hasent been updated in a long time from what I have heard. Anyway I think the car has to be older then a 73 or something like that to get shipped there. Other then that its on your own dime. So Park your car and get a skyline! Cheap and a dime a dozen.
It is actually a US embargo that does allow shipping cars newer than 1976 models. You can ship a car at your own expense though and have it modified
to meet JCI requirements (amber blinkers and what not).
Old 12-04-2005, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 85z28
it is really cool. It was like 15 euro a lap but I think it is going up some for next year. you can find a map of it here http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/map.html. you can find a bunch of other good info on that page too. there is a straight but it is where you begin and end so be carefull. by the time I got stopped the brakes barely worked and smoke started poring out from them. if you do nurburgring I would advice keeping it kinda slow on the first couple laps because there are a lot of blind corner or you will crest a hill and be like f*ck I gotta turn.
Looks like they have a DB restriction. My car may be too loud to run there. I will still try though. I will have to try. Not too many US folks get a chance to run on a track like this. My wife would probably . I am going to be in the UK for 2 yrs so I will have another chance.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:02 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The trick getting past the DB level is don't be a obnoxious american. Seriously....when you pull up to the gate and insert your ticket the Po-Po are already there looking but not like that. As long as you don't rev it at the gate you'll be fine. Once on the track you can wail all you like until you get to the end and then you have to be quiet again. That's it. I've got a 396 w/ LT's no cats and she's beyond loud and I never get hassled.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SRZ
The trick getting past the DB level is don't be a obnoxious american. Seriously....when you pull up to the gate and insert your ticket the Po-Po are already there looking but not like that. As long as you don't rev it at the gate you'll be fine. Once on the track you can wail all you like until you get to the end and then you have to be quiet again. That's it. I've got a 396 w/ LT's no cats and she's beyond loud and I never get hassled.
I didn't know you actually drove that thing.

just playing man I have seen it on the road once

and I agree with what he said just wait till your on the track and you should be ok.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 85z28
I didn't know you actually drove that thing.

just playing man I have seen it on the road once

and I agree with what he said just wait till your on the track and you should be ok.

Man you just gave me a good laugh. I don't actually. I spend more time working on it than driving it seems. LOL! I plan on rectifiying that though once and for all or go out swinging in the process.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SRZ
Man you just gave me a good laugh. I don't actually. I spend more time working on it than driving it seems. LOL! I plan on rectifiying that though once and for all or go out swinging in the process.

thats good man to bad I wont be around to see it

Quick Reply: Anyone currently stationed overseas?