Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

war stories

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I just hate it when you go back home and the #1 question folks ask is how many people did you kill. I mean, come on now. How do you answer that?
I know how to answer that. Just tell them not to ask questions that may have answers they don't want to hear. Simple. I dunno, I haven't had a problem talking about things. I don't volunteer information, but if someone asks, I'll tell them. I didn't go through a lot of stuff that the grunts did, but I went thru other stuff that they didn't. We all come out of it a little wiser and a lot older in spirit.

Cree
Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Launching!

When people ask me that question I have found the best response is "join the military then ask me that question"
Old 02-03-2006, 03:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

War stories are something you swap with other vets with pitchers of beer. Don't think you're going to hear any real ones on the internet...
Old 02-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

this is my fifth deployment and not to many will talk about this stuff in person let alone over the net and if they do chances are there not good stories not to diss anyone that wants to talk thats just my feelings.......
Old 02-05-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Many of you are so right on this subject. Because you've been there.
After 17 years of this, As like some you, I go back to my home town and everyone asks did you ever kill anyone or, the kicker from ppl I grew up with, "How many ragheads did you smoke?"

Between 89,91,93,01,02,03, and here again now, there's nothing I want to say just to talk. Granted, when I'm with the "Guys", it's great to talk about it and get it off your chest. But to a stranger or to a family member that doesn't realize the intensity of the situation, it does nothing but create hostility. Even my wife doesn't ask me anything when I go into "modes".

To the starter of this thread, if you think it's all about the cool **** you see on TV or the Marine commercials, your stoned!!!

Yes it's a rush and it takes a special kind of person to handle it and actually like it. Until you see a friend or worse yet, a subordinate soldier, get hit or killed. Some one that you trained, watched over and made into a man from a panty-waste high school kid.(Playstation-generation)
This is no Rambo, not Commando and sure as hell not Hollywood.

SAPPER, out.

Last edited by SAPPER; 02-05-2006 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply: war stories