Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

military pilots

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 12:51 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fire_boy06
I'm still in high school but I would sure as hell sign up if I could fly an F-15 or F-22

BTW could someone give me some info on that? Like if I were to sign up would I know for sure that I could fly those?
No guarantee. The Marines have a guaranteed aviation slot, but you can be flying anything from a Ch-47 to a F/A-18. All depends on how you do during UPT (or whatever they call it) and what the Marines need.

But USAF wise, your just gonna have to go into ROTC and work your *** off. Get selected for UPT and then score in the top 5 or so of your class and then you might get an Eagle or Raptor (Raptor depends on if they open it up to pilots right out of UPT).
Old 05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Like SAJIN said, but you don't get to select an aircraft. You fill out a dreamsheet,(list your preferences in order) The top guy get his pick,the 2nd guy gets his pick if its still availabe, and so on. So the better you do in UPT, the more likely that you'll get what you want. But there are no guarantees, there might not be a specific airframe slot available when your class graduates so you have to suck it up and take something else.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Teching In

OH-58 RAID pilot here. 4 years enlisted in Uncle Sams Monkey Club, then the last 13 or so in the National Guard (full time). Currently in New Mexico but moving to Tucson in a week. I was an IP at Mother Rucker 99-03 as civilian and military.
Taught NVG's in Bat Flight. Its time for this old dog to move on, the Military has changed alot in the last 17 years. I'm gonna leave it to the young studs in a couple years.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Spdmn75
apaches all the way!
Im slotted for flight school, and I am coming back to my unit that fly's A-models. I cant wait.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are all the CH-47 Guys at? Sheetmetal repair/general mechanic/and flight engineer. Yeah, I stay busy, and if all goes right with my PRK surgery tomarrow there might be a flight packet in the near futur.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

any of you heli pilots flown oil rigs

Quick Reply: military pilots