Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Stalker WS6 KIA

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I also was friends with Donnie when i was stationed in Hawaii..... this is horrible news
Rest in Peace brother. My Condolences to his family.

Kyle
Kyle and I both hung out with Donnie back in Hawaii, he was a great freind and a true Marine. My prayers and condolences go to his family and the families of his fellow soldiers. You will be missed my friend.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Donnie had such an impact on my life w/o ever meeting face to face. Ive never talked to such a nice guy who could make me smile no matter what. He will be missed.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Donnie was a true friend . Always had a huge smile , and was ready to help in any way he could . I will never forget him showing up to meetings on 30 degree nights with the T-tops out of his car and wearing shorts and sandles . Donnie , you will forever be missed . RIP brother
Old 02-20-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Correction on the address (I would've just edited my post, but Im sure some people would miss it)

Margaret Levens
1006 Parkrow Ave.
Long Beach, MS 39560 not MI like previously posted...

Sorry for the confusion, another member got the abbreviation wrong but its Mississippi not Michigan.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

Doonie was a great friend he will be missed
Old 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Donnie was a stand-up guy, NEVER any negativity came out of his mouth, he always had a good outlook on life. He will be missed dearly. R.I.P. my fellow fbody brother. We will meet again, one day.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

We'll all see him again someday.
Semper Fi brother,

Cpl Edwards
USMC
Old 02-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blown SS
wearing shorts and sandles
That made me laugh...too true.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 AM
11 Second Club

I am USAF at Langley, currently deployed to the AOR. I just found out a guy I knew at Langley was killed there too:

"An airman at Langley Air Force Base was one of ten U.S. servicemembers killed last Friday when two Marine helicopters went down during a two-hour training mission in northern Dijbouti. They were part of the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa, fighting terrorism in that part of the world.

33-year old Staff Sgt. Luis Melendez Sanchez, a native of Puerto Rico, was assigned to the First Communications Squadron at the Hampton base.

He arrived at Langley last July, left on this120-day deployment in late January and had only been on duty in the Horn of Africa region since February 6. His job was fixing ground radio equipment.

Lieutenant Colonel Mike Black was Melendez Sanchez’s commanding officer.

"I looked him in the eye, and he looked me in the eye, and he told me he was ready," Lt. Col. Black recalled. "He was an absolute model airman and I use 'airman' with a capital 'a.' He's the type of person who's served his country honorably and very professionally and was proud to serve and do the duty he was called upon."

The servicemembers were taking part in an on-going counter-terrorism operation in Djibouti.

Lt. Col. Black said it 's a tough loss for his squadronmates at Langley.

"It's a devastating blow because there are not as many Air Force casualties as there are say, for the Army or the Marines in the expeditionary environment that we're involved in supporting. So, it was a shock for many folks to accept. So, to deliver that news and tell them we had a fallen warrior within the First Communications Squadron was a real hard thing to do and a hard thing for folks to accept. But that's what we have to do. It's part of the nature of our business. What we do can be inherently dangerous."

Also Online
First Communications Squadron Web site
The military is investigating why the two, 73,500-pound CH-53E Super Stallions went down.

The aircraft and eight Marines were from Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 464, based at Marine Corps Air Station New River. They were expected to return to North Carolina in April.

The other airman killed Friday was based at Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington.

Officials said there was no indication of hostile fire.

Seven other Langley airmen are currently deployed with Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa. One comes from the First Fighter Wing, six are from Air Combat Command."

If both Choppers went down I imagine they must've had a mid air.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:07 AM
NKAWTG...N

Sad to hear about the airmen too. Just goes to show no branch of the military will get you out of danger. God bless their souls.

Originally Posted by black02-z28
If both Choppers went down I imagine they must've had a mid air.
Ya that seems the likely cause, sadly. Wonder what the weather conditions were.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Sad to hear about the airmen too. Just goes to show no branch of the military will get you out of danger. God bless their souls.
Ditto on that!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

My condolences go out to all the fellow service members and Thank You.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

I am currently deployed to Iraq and was going to see him in a few weeks when we were on our way home. We were supposed to do some Parachute ops with their squadron in Djibouti. I was devasted when I found out the news from my wife. I wish that I was in the states so that we could all attend his funeral. Just as many have said he was a true friend and always stood by his Marine Corps Brothers and fellow car guys. You will be forever missed by me and my family. One thing that stands out in my mind about him is his love and care for my daughter. She is only 1 and 1/2 y/o and he would always hold her and play with her whenever he was around! I will remember all of the good times we had and hope you will continue along with all of us fellow f-bod brothers in spirit! God bless his family and friends!

Semper Fi, Donnie

Last edited by Packy; 02-21-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even thought I didn't know him. I'll chirp third in his honor.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Packy
I am currently deployed to Iraq and was going to see him in a few weeks when we were on our way home. We were supposed to do some Parachute ops with their squadron in Djibouti. I was devasted when I found out the news from my wife. I wish that I was in the states so that we could all attend his funeral. Just as many have said he was a true friend and always stood by his Marine Corps Brothers and fellow car guys. You will be forever missed by me and my family. One thing that stands out in my mind about him is his love and care for my daughter. She is only 1 and 1/2 y/o and he would always hold her and play with her whenever he was around! I will remember all of the good times we had and hope you will continue along with all of us fellow f-bod brothers in spirit! God bless his family and friends!

Semper Fi, Donnie
The way he talked about his nieces and nephew's you would've thought he was their Dad. After the first time I met him I thought he had about 30 kids lol But thats just how he was...he loved kids.

His lil "hehehe" on the Outlaw forums will be missed after certian posts. We could almost expect Donnie to chime in and see that and know he really was sitting there, giggling like a school girl.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Ry,
I sent you a PM. I will be flying in from Hawaii today to NC. I was wondering if you had any info on a memorial service. Perry is flying in this Friday too.

-Adam Freeman
Old 02-21-2006, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

R.I.P.
Semper Fi
Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

What a shame! RIP buddy.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

My condolences to the family and friends of a fallen American Soldier. May god grant him peace and a place in heaven

:USA:
Old 02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Max tbs
Ry,
I sent you a PM. I will be flying in from Hawaii today to NC. I was wondering if you had any info on a memorial service. Perry is flying in this Friday too.

-Adam Freeman
Wake will be on March 3rd, and the funeral will be March 4th (thats a Fri and Sat) in Mississippi. Im getting all my information from friends who're getting it straight from the Levens family. If you want up to date information please hitup www.ncoutlaws.com and under The Parking Lot there is a quite a large amount of information as it relates to Donnie, his family and the funeral.

For you who really knew Donnie, here are some pics in case you didnt have any. These are all submissions from an outlaw member (Thanks Ashleigh, sorry for stealing the pics ) who was really close to Donnie.

There's more on the Outlaw forum, but these are just some that stand out to me on who Donnie was.

Quick Reply: Stalker WS6 KIA