Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

preparing to enlist

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well you need to be specific about that cause we get poeple he and they say yeah i meet a Marine that told me don't worry about getting into shape, so here i am joe fat ***.

again, if you read my post you will see that i was spacific about it.

here ill even quote myself so you can read it.

you dont have to do anythign to get ready, you dont need to go get in great shape or anything like that. you will be fine as long as your not a huge fat slob that cant even jog or somthing.
you will be fine as long as your hot a huge fat *** kinda guy/gal.

brook
Old 03-04-2006, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

i still want to train hard so i can make it as easy as possible.

if i get into infantry, and then try out for recon i should do the 0311 deal? i want to be able to try recon and if i fail i still want to stay in infantry. a position where i cant kill those raghead bastards would kill me.

another question i have is benefits. the army is renowned for offering free college, do the marines do that too? its not a big deal but just a perk.

also i saw this video of UFC pro fighters getting theyre collective asses kicked by marines in an expedition in the octagon. thats what i want to be, the best trained **** out there. seeing the marines stomp them really motivated me!
Old 03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i still want to train hard so i can make it as easy as possible.
training hard is allways a good thing

infantry is allways good ( been 0311 for 6 years)
im switchign over to 0211

people allways say get a skill that will benifit you when you get out. if you get into the intel field you can get a top seceret clearacne and that can be woth a good amount of $$ at a civilian job and it can help get govmt jobs.

it cost alot of $ to get a clearance (around 250k or somthing). if you allready have one it can save the company alot of $$$$.

brook
Old 03-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by aggiez28
you did read my initial post right??? you may want to go reread it.

it basicly said he dosnt need to get into great shape. as long as your not a huge fat *** or somthign you will be fine.
if your just an avg joe you should be fine.

it seems alot of people think they need to get into tip top shape befoer they go to boot camp (not that thats a bad thing) but its not true, as long as your avg you will be fine.

brook
I was not referring to boot camp.I am talking about SF training.Sorry for any confusion.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

ahhh ok we wernt on the same page.
yea you may want to get in shape for that lol

brook
Old 03-05-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

The most important thing to think about before you even consider joining the military, let alone the USMC, is whether or not you are ready to conform to the MC's regulations on everything in life. Dont expect to have much choice at the begining of your career in regards to living quarters, dress, travel, liberty, ect. The military indifferent to most of your ideas of what should be ok to do. They will instill in you a expectation of conformity and will not settle for anything less.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

i expected the military to treat me as a number and not a person, and im fine with that. thats how my dad has run the house since i was born. i dont mind the dress or the drills or any of that.

what do military members do in their free time besides train? what do you guys do when on the base?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

depends on where you're at. but usually after work you can do almost whatever.

Quick Reply: preparing to enlist