Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Retirement DENIED. PCS to Ft. Dix

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh hell yeah. Send over some Cherry *** Louis and it's all good.

OMG. This **** here is too damn funny, but too fricken true.

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
I swear the army has ****** meetings, "well we havent fucked over Smith this week lets get him squared away on his *** raping and we're done for the week"
Sucks to hear about your set-up man. You were screwed over pretty bad. WE had one guy in our LRS Detachment that had 1 day left on his Q course. He had to go on emergency leave because his wife was in the hospital. They were trying to make him stay with the ultimatum of not graduating. He told them to **** themselves and lost the entire deal. He had to start the Q course from day 0 again.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redrumss
Hey 11bravo. ROTC huh. Sounds like a target rich enviroment to me....
Well, my offical title is "military science instructor". But I'm not going to a university, I will be at the BDE HQ on Ft Dix doing ops nco stuff from 9-5. How that is an 11B slot I have no idea. At least I'll be shamming finally. Talked to the SGM and he said I can go to college full time
Old 03-20-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hit it up.

Also look here for some Courses you might want to take.

www.cesmilitary.com

Let me know if you need any other info. Computers are worth it actually. Id' hit this up now, and then get another fresh $4500 when Oct comes around. I'm finnally able to take advantage of the tuition assistance after 9 years in.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Well, my offical title is "military science instructor". But I'm not going to a university, I will be at the BDE HQ on Ft Dix doing ops nco stuff from 9-5. How that is an 11B slot I have no idea. At least I'll be shamming finally. Talked to the SGM and he said I can go to college full time

Amazing..... I am headed to Ft Bragg next and off to Jump school. It only took 14 years of begging and pleading to go....
Old 03-21-2006, 05:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Richiec77
Hit it up.

Also look here for some Courses you might want to take.

www.cesmilitary.com

Let me know if you need any other info. Computers are worth it actually. Id' hit this up now, and then get another fresh $4500 when Oct comes around. I'm finnally able to take advantage of the tuition assistance after 9 years in.
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Amazing..... I am headed to Ft Bragg next and off to Jump school. It only took 14 years of begging and pleading to go....
Haha, be careful what you wish for. It's a high stress life here to put it mildly. Just remember, nothing in the 82nd is more important than uniform standards. You can have the MOH, but if you're pants are tied outside of your boots instead of tucked in, you are a dirtbag. If you grow a mustache you will get an ART 15. A kid on patrol in Afghanistan got his pic taken by a photographer, he had the cuff of his sleeve folded one turn, it showed up in a newspaper and he got busted and his PSG was written up. Units have joes posted around the base for seatbelt checks. Get caught without one, instant field grade article 15. If you want to take college courses, you are a piece of **** who is just trying to get out of work. I went to jump school in '87, 16 years on status total. Kinda weird knowing I've made my last jump, but I won't miss this damn place.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Well the assignment was picked for me by my illustrious career manager but Jump school was my choice. Uniform standards are not a problem for me. If you remember we were on the trail at the same time.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember, retirement doesnt come till your 30 year point. 20 years etc is a privelage. You put a request to go to the Fleet Reserve (Navy example) after 20 years of service, but many people have been denied for Needs of the Navy. The Army is the same way, your in a reserve status(or whatever the Army calls it, no active reserve, just a status to where you get a "retirement" check)
Then once you go over that magic 30 years(10 years past your 20) you are on the official retirement list.
And, if you just get out without asking for permission to go after 20 years , even after you obligated time is up, EAOS, you are NOT guranteed a retirement check.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is something I've never heard about Steve. I'll ask around and see what is true for the Army.

redrumss, just remember that Airborne takes it's toll on the body. If you start feeling pain, get it checked out. It's never worth it in the long run. Just remember to not look down as you get close to the ground. You'll start Pointing and that can be the worst for your legs.

How man Jumps you got 11Bravo?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1genCamaro
I swear the army has ****** meetings, "well we havent fucked over Smith this week lets get him squared away on his *** raping and we're done for the week"
Dude that made me laugh.
When I was in the Navy I had done 7 deploments on the same submarine, I was supposed to transfer, When I got up for watch there was a note in my box. "Friend, we had your career review board and didn't want to rack you out. You have been extended two more patrols"
I felt the same way...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
Dude that made me laugh.
When I was in the Navy I had done 7 deploments on the same submarine, I was supposed to transfer, When I got up for watch there was a note in my box. "Friend, we had your career review board and didn't want to rack you out. You have been extended two more patrols"
I felt the same way...
HHMM, you must have been uninformed, but they are to ask you , or anyone for that matter, if they want to attend the CRB. Sorry people were taking care of you.
Also, you mention patrols, what boomer were you on? And Seven deployments is only about 4 years, correct? Your first sea duty is 5 for most sailors on first term.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Invoulntary extension, which is perfectly leagal, they can extend you once with out your say,so it wouldn't matter if I were there or not. I did overhaul on the Michigan and 9 patrols. 6 years. That was more than enough. Shore duty at TTF then a Patrol on the Alaska. 11 years and got a medical discharge, for an adult case of Asthma. E-6 that made board.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Invoulntary extension, which is perfectly leagal, they can extend you once with out your say,so it wouldn't matter if I were there or not. I did overhaul on the Michigan and 9 patrols. 6 years. That was more than enough. Shore duty at TTF then a Patrol on the Alaska. 11 years and got a medical discharge, for an adult case of Asthma. E-6 that made board.
Sorry about the Asthma. I am trying to get a breathing issue fixed. Deviated septum, going under the knife Monday, YUK. Its caused allot of snoring/breathing issues for about 5 years on my last 2 boats. Hopefully this will fix it.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope they fix it man. I didn't want to get out. I had a lot of time invested. Tried to go surface, the doctor said no. I don't want you underway with meds you have to take daily.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

I hope they fix it man. I didn't want to get out. I had a lot of time invested. Tried to go surface, the doctor said no. I don't want you underway with meds you have to take daily.
I will be good, thanks. I have a few years left to go to fleet reserve.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Richiec77
That is something I've never heard about Steve. I'll ask around and see what is true for the Army.

redrumss, just remember that Airborne takes it's toll on the body. If you start feeling pain, get it checked out. It's never worth it in the long run. Just remember to not look down as you get close to the ground. You'll start Pointing and that can be the worst for your legs.

How man Jumps you got 11Bravo?
I have 115 give or take a couple. The ones that got logged, at least. Jumping has never hurt me much, no serious injuries. Just keep your feet and knees together and hit all 5 points of contact, and hope you don't land on anything hard My knees are toast, but I blame that on years of humping a rucksack and taking a knee with all that weight. I can't kneel on one knee anymore, even with pads.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 AM
TECH Junkie

If you remember we were on the trail at the same time.
Yeah, I miss Columbia. I've thought about retiring there.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know how you feel. I don't believe the jumps really did me in much, but Jumping in and then Rucking out and marching for miles after miles is what kills you. You may be hurt, but slamming into the dirt numbs you up enough to keep on going without ever noticing a thing.

115. That's alot. I made it 63 before I did a Toe-Knee-face landing going sideways about 28 knots. That jump was fucked up. Out of 38 jumpers, 9 of us left in FLA's. We had one guy who hit the FLS bust his canteen, and had a Bruise ring around his head from smaking the tarmack. God what a shitty day that was, BUT I didn't have to do the annual 75K march. (lol)

My ankles are more jacked up then my knee's even though they hurt.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ft. McDickHurst (new Consolidated name ) area isn't that bad. Englishtown is about an hour to the northeast.....Acto is about 35 minutes to the southwest (How in the HELL are you guys making Atco in 20 minutes....I know you've got a Vette and all, but....) and now aparrently there's a LARGE road-racing complex projected to be build in Millville about an hour or so from base to the south. Not a bad deal.

McGuire's hobby shop isn't terrible, but it ain't great either. There's only two lifts which are usually busy, I believe 13 stalls for usage, and a paint booth that's currently being used for storage. Supposedly we're getting a new and much improved hobby shop though.........but don't hold your breath.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
(How in the HELL are you guys making Atco in 20 minutes.....
I was stuck in staging lane 10 and left way late for work at 11. There wasn't anyone on the road. The speed limit was a suggestion that night.

Quick Reply: Retirement DENIED. PCS to Ft. Dix