Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Got orders to JPAC @ Hickam

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got orders to JPAC @ Hickam

I just found out that I got orders for a special duty job at Hickam AFB, HI. I'll be doing medical support for the joint service POW recovery teams going into Vietnam, Laos, Korea, etc. It is a very competitive slot, I was basically hand picked for it. I am very honored to be picked for a team doing such an important mission, I am honestly suprised I got it. It means a lot of time on the road, but I already deploy a lot anyway.

I'm taking the Camaro, but it looks like the dragstrip on Oahu is closing.

I'll miss all my friends in VA, you all have a place to stay anytime you want to come to the islands!

Ed
Old 03-26-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Right on. You'll love Hawaii. I spent the last 14 years there and would go back in a heartbeat.

I knew 2 Navy Corpman that were stationed at JPAC, and while deployed alot, both of them had nothing but great things to say about the duty. Very admirable.

Too bad about Hawaii Raceway Park. Thats the only strip on Oahu. Street racing is prevelant out there, and its not uncommon to see a pack of inports with fart can mufflers, wings, and a boatload of stickers zipping around H1/H2/H3.

Make sure you get in touch with Hawaiian Island Camaro's. There are some truely awesome camaros in that club.

www.hawaiianislandcamaros.org

www.phfba.net

R/

Frat
Old 03-29-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

also, there are a couple of U of H guys that post on here that you could link up with. i remember going to Hickam AFB for lunch from MCAS Kaneohe Bay every now and then. the gunny would take us all out for some time off. the only think i didn't like was the traffic. most hawiians can't effin drive! i've had more close calls there than anywhere else. i don't know how i managed to leave there with no traffic accidents. still miss it though.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black02-z28
I just found out that I got orders for a special duty job at Hickam AFB, HI. I'll be doing medical support for the joint service POW recovery teams going into Vietnam, Laos, Korea, etc. It is a very competitive slot, I was basically hand picked for it. I am very honored to be picked for a team doing such an important mission, I am honestly suprised I got it. It means a lot of time on the road, but I already deploy a lot anyway.

I'm taking the Camaro, but it looks like the dragstrip on Oahu is closing.

I'll miss all my friends in VA, you all have a place to stay anytime you want to come to the islands!

Ed
How did you score that job? What kind of criteria you got to meet?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Restricted User

Ed, when you going to be here? Keep your spirits up, HRP may reopen in the next few months, or so the rumors say.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL

I have a couple of buddies out there too...one has a 2002 BLACK ZO6 and the other has a 2002 SILVER WS-6 and would lend a hand in helping out in anything you need.

I heard before I transferred last November that they were looking at another patch of land to build a really state of the art dragstrip and raceway, because there is way to much interest in racing out there to have nothing and the reason the other dragstrip was closing was due to a lease issue and it was an in industrial area that was prime property for building and such.

Have fun.

Micah
Old 04-17-2006, 03:19 AM
11 Second Club

The JPAC job sorta fell in my lap.My fuctional manager knew I wanted a challenging job (been working in a promary care clinic for 3 years) and he reccomended me for it, I got lucky and was selected!

I'll be there early to mid-sept.

I've been reading on the track quite a bit, still doesn't look good.

Ed

Quick Reply: Got orders to JPAC @ Hickam