Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

meeting with recruiter

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thats fine man, have fun in Qatar, where the hell is that anyway? if its in the shithole stay safe.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by captaincamaro
okay guys sorry i didnt post back to you. my dad was a sniper in Vietnam so ive always known the real deal not like the movies. my brother is a reserve now, so i know all about the hardships.

in the army webpage it has something like this outlined
1. go to basic
2. AIT for 44weeks
3. get thrown with a regular infantry unit
4. airborne school
5. spec ops training engineer school(england or germany i think)
6. spec ops qualifications

other than that i have no idea what to do or what to ask
here's how it goes
1, basic at benning
2, Airborne at benning
3, FSAS (selection course) at bragg
4, FSQC (the "Q" course, actual training) at bragg
5, SERE (POW training) at bragg
6, Learn 2 languages at the DLI in cali.
7, Go to your unit at either bragg, carson, or okinawa (I believe)
(if you fail at any point, youre infantry)

Daniel
-former SF recruit (18X program)
Old 03-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

not hating on army but i'd go air force. i'm stationed at pope afb nc the af base located on fort bragg army base. but anyway after seeing what those guys go through its no way in hell i would join the army. i thought we had it bad until after everyday as i'm driving to work"6am" those guys be marching with ruck sacks and full gear with i guess some sgt yelling at them. the military is great i've been in for 13 years just putting some insight for our younger generation. its good to follow in parents footsteps as my dad was in the army during vietnam. i also wanted to go in the army but i am glad that he talk me into joining the air force. just my 2 cents not tring to start a military war or anything.
Ssgt Clay "AGE Craftsman"
Old 03-28-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah the air force def has the life.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by underatedT/A
not hating on army but i'd go air force. i'm stationed at pope afb nc the af base located on fort bragg army base. but anyway after seeing what those guys go through its no way in hell i would join the army. i thought we had it bad until after everyday as i'm driving to work"6am" those guys be marching with ruck sacks and full gear with i guess some sgt yelling at them. the military is great i've been in for 13 years just putting some insight for our younger generation. its good to follow in parents footsteps as my dad was in the army during vietnam. i also wanted to go in the army but i am glad that he talk me into joining the air force. just my 2 cents not tring to start a military war or anything.
Ssgt Clay "AGE Craftsman"
thats the main reason i want to be in the army, id like the honor of becoming a ranger and looking back on all ive done to get that far with pride
Old 03-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Having spent 15 years in the Army and now being associated with the Air Force due to my wife,I would have to say that unless you are stuck on going Army,I would go Blue.These guys have it made compared to the crap I had to put up with.But I understand the deal about wanting to be a Ranger and possibly SF.I did and wouldn't trade the experience for anything.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

heck you might want to check out the other two services as well for the SF training. Its a little more personal from what I've seen. I know that the Navy is putting a 40 grand bonus IF you complete seal training and thats in writing. Little known fact (and I'm a recruiter and no I'm not blowing smoke up your ***) that if they back up what they said in the contract they have to give you the option to either get out or you pick your next job or mos for the army. I had a guy that that actually happened too and he asked me if he had to sign the new contract. I said no then he asked me would there be any thing that would happen too him if he didnt. I told him if he didnt want to then he could walk and there would be no bad feelings and thats what he did. I wish him the best of luck. I think the marines are offering a 10 grand to go to recon. Thats pretty good for the corps by the way. Like I said you may want to explore the other options thou so that you can make a fully educated decision on which one is the best for you.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

yeah at this point im gonna meet with all the recruiters and then make my choice. i dont want to rush into this and regret my decision.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

alright guys i went to see the recruiting center today and neither the marine or army recruiter were there. i contacted the marine recruiter and it looks like the way to go with me.

i want to get into an expeditionary force, and use SORMAR(the active duty college thing) i think thats the best bet for me and getting my 2-3yr engineering degree.

what do you guys think? im goin to see him monday after school to get the ball rolling on this, while it isnt split ops or anything i cant wait to get ready
Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1gen
here's how it goes
1, basic at benning
2, Airborne at benning
3, FSAS (selection course) at bragg
4, FSQC (the "Q" course, actual training) at bragg
5, SERE (POW training) at bragg
6, Learn 2 languages at the DLI in cali.
7, Go to your unit at either bragg, carson, or okinawa (I believe)
(if you fail at any point, youre infantry)

Daniel
-former SF recruit (18X program)
They don't do #6 anymore. When you finish SFAS you get a big box with some language tapes and books to study on your own. One of my squad leaders made it in January and showed me the box lol. It's just one way they are pushing to get more guys out into the field quick.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

damn, they made me do the DLI before I did the SFAS for some reason so now I dont have a problem talking to the haji's at the convienence stores
Old 04-07-2006, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

well i went and talked to him for a good 3hrs about the marine corp. i want to enlist more than ever. he talked about all the "intangible" rewards of serving and im really into that. im going to get into the delayed entry program and work out with him on a regular basis. im also getting a few kids to come and see. if i get 2 kids to enlist i get promoted after basic.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by captaincamaro
alright guys i went to see the recruiting center today and neither the marine or army recruiter were there. i contacted the marine recruiter and it looks like the way to go with me.

i want to get into an expeditionary force, and use SORMAR(the active duty college thing) i think thats the best bet for me and getting my 2-3yr engineering degree.

what do you guys think? im goin to see him monday after school to get the ball rolling on this, while it isnt split ops or anything i cant wait to get ready
first off, its SOCMAR. and every branch has a program that is like that. also ask about MECEP. i'm not going to try and say what branch is best for you, but just tell you that each branch has some kind of college program. did the recruiter explain to you what a MEF is?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

no he hasnt explained MEF yet. were meeting again next week. and i knew SOCMAR was i got the booklet on that. ive heard its really a hard way to go but worth it in the end
Old 04-09-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

why dont you just get a friend to join with you and you can do the buddy program, believe it or not it helps a lot to have a friend
Old 04-10-2006, 06:01 AM
On The Tree

You can go to ranger school in the air force...Certain jobs have that option after you've been in for a little while

Quick Reply: meeting with recruiter