Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

usmc Tattoo regs

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aggiez28
i just got this on my forearm think it will be ok???

I'm sure that's good taste
Old 04-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cb94ta
I've got two on my forearms and two down the back of my forearms I'm working on finishing my degree and going back in as an O but I'm afraid the tats may interfer. I had two of them while I was in the other two have come since I got out. Anyone know if this could be a problem?
You're going to have some pretty significant problems. Sorry.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Launching!

The way it's sounding I may have to go Army.... I'm having some serious doubts about my chances with the corps the way they seem to be going gung ho anti tattoo, I know when I got out they were starting to talk about getting tougher on tats.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

just about all those policies have been out for ever. yes they have revamped some of it but a few years ago they talked about doing the same thing like now, but no one ever enforced the policies. most of the people i work for have full sleves or half. and they're all snco's. but them again i'm on the infantry side of the house so as longs as we can hump, run and shoot they usually really don't give a **** about anything else. but i could be wrong maybe they may finally start cracking down on it. i say talked to a recruiter and see what they have to offer. you def won't get a job in some fields but what do you want to do? if you want to be in the infantry usually it's not going to be a problem, but ask the most they can say is no. there's waviers for everything you can think about. if you can get drug waviers then i don't see why you can't get one for some tats. well just my .02
Old 04-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Launching!

I really just want to go infantry anyway, talked to the recruiter he just said they couldn't be inappropriate,which mine are not I just hope they don't crack down before I finish school and screw me from getting back in.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cb94ta
I really just want to go infantry anyway, talked to the recruiter he just said they couldn't be inappropriate,which mine are not I just hope they don't crack down before I finish school and screw me from getting back in.
The last I heard you can't go officer if you have tattoos that can be seen in service charlies.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam this is sad, lets judge a Marine by what counts. Smarts, physical attributes & the ability to shoot a towel off a mans head!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Dam this is sad, lets judge a Marine by what counts. Smarts, physical attributes & the ability to shoot a towel off a mans head!

nice
Old 05-08-2006, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97blkz
LOL....

Quick Reply: usmc Tattoo regs