Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF OQT help..

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AF OQT help..

any officers in here able to help me out an point me in the right direction to help me study for this? i know its pretty much a more in-depth ASVAB, but i really suck at math, so i wuld love to do better. what kinda tips can u guys give me in studying for the test?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
any officers in here able to help me out an point me in the right direction to help me study for this? i know its pretty much a more in-depth ASVAB, but i really suck at math, so i wuld love to do better. what kinda tips can u guys give me in studying for the test?
I'm Enlisted but took the test in 2002 and scored in the 80's on everything including the Pilot/Nav parts. I can tell you is to get the ARCO books and STUDY! Do the practice exams until you can't see straight. Then get a good nights rest the night before and make sure you eat something before you take the test.

You'll be in a room for 4 hours with only one 15 minute break. If you don't do so hot on the test you are eligible to retake it six months from the date your last one was taken, however remember you can only take it twice in your life (test scores are valid for life) and they take the most recent score, not the highest.

Good luck!
Old 05-02-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Study study and study.

That test has a good bit of Algebra on it so brush up on that. It is pretty much like a regular standardized test except you are on a serious time crunch with this one. if you havent done any flying you better get a book on flight and lean a little bit about aircraft and procedures. Best thing to do is to get a study guide book for this test. They sell them at book stores.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:37 AM
NKAWTG...N

ah I'd say there's not alot of studying you need to do. If you don't know some of this stuff by now, you never will. I did practically zero prep and have 80's in just about everything.

One thing to look over before hand is the electric maze.

here's a helpful link:
http://www.baseops.net/afoqt/
Old 05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by StoleIt
ah I'd say there's not alot of studying you need to do. If you don't know some of this stuff by now, you never will. I did practically zero prep and have 80's in just about everything.

One thing to look over before hand is the electric maze.

here's a helpful link:
http://www.baseops.net/afoqt/
Yeah I didnt study at all and still did pretty good. I bet if I had brushed up on the **** that I havent done in a long time I would have done even better though. Cant hurt to study some before you take it.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow, lots of helpful tips/info... thanks a bunch!

now i just gotta stop bein lazy an study lol first gotta knock this staff test out..

Quick Reply: AF OQT help..