Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Joined the Navy, have a big question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006 | 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

35 is the cutoff for officer. All you need to do is contact the Chief recruiter. With a BS degree and being under 35 you CAN go S.O........

85 is a really good score on ASVAB. To be a nuke you only need an 80. I got an 86 and only one person in my div. had higher. That guy seemed dumb as hell but got a 98.

DONT let the recruiters push you around, you dont owe anything. You are a number to them. Untill you get to Great Mistakes your not in the Navy. Period. You are aparently a smart man, be patient and go for what you want. Otherwise you will be miserable.
Old 06-15-2006 | 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

so did you get it straightened out?

you can only score like a 99 on the ASVAB, and above like 84 you qualify for everything except nuke.

Like everyone is saying...dont let those recruiters push you around. You can pull out anytime you want. They will fill your mind will all kinds of misinformation to try and get you to join. The have quotas to fill, to they will tell you what they think you want to hear.

I love it when they tell young guys to join as undesignated seaman. 'you can goto a ship and see all the other jobs and pick which one you want to do' Thats the biggest crock of **** ever.

So just be strong and dont get pushed around. You can always come here and get the real info.

Quick Reply: Joined the Navy, have a big question