Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

anyone in japan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone in japan?

i'm stuck here in japan for the next 2 years...
man i miss my car...the cars here suck. theyre all tiny little peices of ****, even the cars people back home think are so "cool" like skylines and what not are boring as hell.
i cant wait to go home
Old 07-28-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

got any pix of the scene over there?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

these are in nagaski
Old 07-29-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

wow, damn hope you get your car over there pronto!
is the rice scene over there still huge or are they laughing at all the american kids ricing out the honda's still?
lol the rice scene in dallas hasnt grown much anymore, i think they are startin to relize how stupid they looked....or at least that's what i'm telling myself lol
Old 07-29-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

theres hardly any 'rice' here...go figure. most cars are just little tiny slow peices of ****.
and i wont be having my car over here, no ****** way i'm gonna **** it up just so i can bring it to this tiny country.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn. i've seen some riced out camaros' over there on the net and was wanting someone to show them what a real camaro could do. all they do it put the big cat fish body kits on and the side flars....along with jumbo tips...sad.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Im in Yokosuka for the next 3 years or so... i miss my Z, i did the unthinkable and sold it before i left... i am already regreting it..

David D
Old 07-30-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidfnd
Im in Yokosuka for the next 3 years or so... i miss my Z, i did the unthinkable and sold it before i left... i am already regreting it..

David D
no way in hell i was selling mine...its sitting in my garage back home waiting for me.
i wish i had been stationed in yokosuka, i hear its alot better/different up there. its a shithole down here..so my opinion of japan reflects that.
whats your rate?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 AM
Teching In

I said the same thing about selling mine, then my tranny went out (AGAIN) on leave about a week before i was to go to Japan. So i just sold it, once i get back stateside though i will definetly have another LS1. Im an ABE attached to the Kitty Hawk. Ive only been here about a month, and the boats gone so im just sitting tight till it returns...

David D
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine's only got about 17k miles on it, and it's an '02. i hate for it to just sit there, but its not getting any more miles and it's safe till i get back. i'll be able to do just about anything i've been wanting to do to it when i get home, so i dunno...

how long you been in japan? i've been here about 3 months.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
mine's only got about 17k miles on it, and it's an '02. i hate for it to just sit there, but its not getting any more miles and it's safe till i get back. i'll be able to do just about anything i've been wanting to do to it when i get home, so i dunno...

how long you been in japan? i've been here about 3 months.
Just about a month, im tired of it already but thats life

D
Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4150
I was in Japan...from Jan '95 until last March.

I was stationed in Yokosuka(Kitty Hawk,Independence), Misawa, and my last duty station was VAQ-136 in Atsugi.

The car in storage thing sucks, my '70 GTO sat in storage for about 9 years until I decided to sell it while I was in Japan.

I'm seriously thinking about going back, I really miss everything about Japan and I can't stand San Diego(pretty much stuck here unless I go overseas again). Yeah I've got my SS now but I miss my R33 25t Skyline pretty badly, that car was not boring!

btw if you look hard enough you can find some really good deals on low Km LS1 Z28's if you really want another one, however the bad news is that you cant bring them back to the states since they were sold as "export" models. I was real close to picking up a 10K mile '00 M6 Z28 for $9,000 in Yokohama til I found out about all the import rules the states has.
i'll stick with my ws6 back home
i'm not gonna be here forever, and i'll be able to do anything/everythign else i've wanted to do to my car when i get back.

skylines are EVERYWHERE here...there are more skylines here than there are mustangs back home, i'm sick of seeing them.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Did 3 years at Misawa form '96 to '99. We had a good time. Still regret selling my 1967 Chevelle before heading there. Damn I wish I would have kept that
Old 08-19-2006, 10:01 PM
JUICED96Z

When my dad was in Kadena last summer he said that Japan has some super high salvage bill. If you send a car to the junk yard they bill you like thousands of dollars so people are allways giving away cars for free. THey even had a lemon lot on or near base and you would just find a car that ran and drive it till it breaks, give it to someone else that might want it or take it back to a lot and then get anyother one.

Thats what I would do and not worry about having to sell a car when you leave
Old 08-20-2006, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, relax, yokosuka is a breeze, u got it made!!! Stop cryin, try going to Marine Corps Base, Camp Fuji!!! U are two friggin hours from any kind of real life and its cold as *****!!!! Did a year and some change on that ice box and used to love commin down the mountain to go to yokosuka, nagasaki, yokota and tokyo!!! Dont worry, ull survive!! I must say to though, the skylines over thier are pretty badass!!! Met some navy cats on yokosuka that had them and thet were pretty damn fast!!
Old 08-20-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Man, relax, yokosuka is a breeze, u got it made!!! Stop cryin, try going to Marine Corps Base, Camp Fuji!!! U are two friggin hours from any kind of real life and its cold as *****!!!! Did a year and some change on that ice box and used to love commin down the mountain to go to yokosuka, nagasaki, yokota and tokyo!!! Dont worry, ull survive!! I must say to though, the skylines over thier are pretty badass!!! Met some navy cats on yokosuka that had them and thet were pretty damn fast!!
ummm dude, i'm not in yokosuka. thatd be great if i was, but im not. im in the sticks of japan, way down south. im like...12 hours from yokosuka
Old 08-20-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's very true, most of the ones on the road are the plain boring non-turbo models though. It took me about six months to finally find the one that I wanted when I was living in northern Japan, not too many turbocharged late model R33 4 doors(needed a family car) on the road.

If you need a car I'm sure you can pick one up for cheap from somebody that is leaving Japan, I saw deals like that all the time. I'd just save money for the WS6 when you get back, I miss that awsome COLA I had when I lived there
cola my ***...im so pissed about that. first of all they've only been giving me half of the full cola, and now theyre cutting it by about 300 bucks so i'm gonna be getting like 50 bucks a month in cola
i wont be buying a car here..if i buy any kind of motorized vehichle i'll just buy a 4wheeler or something.

there's a guy here with a supposedly "badass" skyline, he drives me crazy when he talks about it and its obvious he knows nothing about cars..some other guy built it and this guy bought it from him. but he's gone "200+ miles an hour" and all this other bs, so i ask him if he meant 200 klicks, because that would be a big difference, but he assure me he went over 200 mph in this car that makes less than 300hp not to mention i have no idea where he would find a road around here to go that fast on
Old 08-20-2006, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry for the mistake, but still doesent look like the sticks!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear you're getting screwed on COLA, not to rub it in but I was making around 900ish living offbase. I don't know why your COLA is so screwed up.

How much do you want to bet that guy with the Skyline worships the F&Furious movies and drove a "badass" Honda before he moved to Japan? I met idiots like that all the time in Japan, you can't avoid them no matter where you go.
yup...and its not a bad looking skyline, i mean i dont really care for the looks of any of the cars here but its clean and isnt riced out, but the fartcan drives me crazy still

the cola thing is a buncha bs...i should be getting about 750 a month, but nooo
Old 08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,137 Likes on 740 Posts

What does a current gen Skyline look like, any pics?

Quick Reply: anyone in japan?