Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

SERE training

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tranzam01
maybe will be in the same course. whats your MOS?
Well only if you are going next month. I'm a winger. You?

Last edited by nmarple254; 08-19-2006 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-19-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Infantry
Old 08-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tranzam01
Infantry
Ah, probably should have been able to tell by the 2/5 picture, but wasn't sure.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 251 Likes on 175 Posts

I can chime in a little. No matter if you get caught quick or later. Both suck. And everyone gets the same treatment...HARSH!!! In my class we had one guy that didn't cry...he washed the 3rd day from an injury. No matter what, keep a good mind and just believe that as long as you are still breathing, you are fine. Other than that, you will graduate respecting life alot more and knowing that the petty things in life are not worth getting upset about. BLUF...it sucks but when it's all over, it's worth it.

Good Luck.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Well I just finished up today. The class was really good though. It was one of the worst things I've done but it was pretty good. Ended up losing about 16 pounds. My body is sore from top to bottom and just a few brusies so not horrible over all. I'm not really going to toss anything out there about it cause I kinda wish I hadn't been as gouged up on it cause alot of the stuff didn't happen and it is always good to be caught off guard.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

kewl man, good job. I am looking forward to going early next year.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Regular

Dpeends on what your going for. All Aircrew go through it and its not as bad as they'll make it seem. If your going to be an instructor, ya you'll hate life.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Who said its cold in San Diego?? *****....

I did my SERE training during October in Maine!!

Just remember its a game that will have an ending... Play the game!!
Repeat this to yourself over and over...

Be strong, what does not kill you makes you stronger....
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Yes, I have been! Try Maine in the winter!!! Just remember to use what they teach you once you are detained...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TransAm6383
It sucked REALLLLY bad..esp being naked in a cage...but youll find out. =)
while being sprayed with cold water while being interogated by a female, its just sooo hard to look cool when your naked tired and cold lol.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

I think actually Air Force SERE trains all branches. Two of my good friends were SRE instructors. You have to go through prisoner of war training. Enough said.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:50 AM
Launching!

AF SERE school wasn't easy. Probably the best part was the Water Survival part. Just sucks butt when you make it to the raft and have to swim back and "rescue" all the other morons that can't swim.... And Teaxs in the summer sucks... especially whn i was dragging some 50yr female butter bar that wouldn't stop crying for 4 days.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

SERE is an Air Force class run by Air Force personel offered to all DoD and friends... I went to the SERE orientation in basic training as they were trying to recruit a few of us for instructors... I decided not to though because they said if I changed my AFSC to be a 1A0X1/1T0X1 I would lose my current job. if I had to drop from the class (didn't matter if it was a health related drop or not) I would be reassigned open/general (most likely a cook or cop...)

basically the name says it all...

Survival
Evasion
Resistance
Escape

For some general information you can go here:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airfo...afjob1t0x1.htm

AIR POWER
ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT
IMPROVISE ADAPT OVERCOME

and the only navy one I know is:
WE BLOW

Just kiddin, I have only worked with two navy dudes since I been in and they weren't very... spirited? about being navy...
Old 10-27-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hahahahaha Yeah dude you are getting some good info, And BTW Brunswick is cold as all hell and always raining or snowing I am a crew cheif and went through it, it is not as bad as all of the stories... And for gods sakes, stay out of captivity for as long as possible we had idiots get captured right away and they really hated life, I went till the end, mmmmmhh spam sandwich (some of you get what I mean by that) , Any ways remember what they tell you and use it all, life will be much easier, And just think it is only so long... no matter how long it feels like Oh and BTW dont , it will not help anything at all
Old 10-27-2006, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

I got back from SERE up in Brunswick about a month ago. It's not that bad at all. It really does make you think about our freedom and our National Ensign in a different way.

I'm an 0331 Marine obviously and coming up on the end of my first enlistment here in a few months. I hated that some navy LTJG was trying to tell us how to patrol and other field stuff. Geezz Other than that I have no complants. great school and it is better if you don't know whats happening next.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1ssdavid
I got back from SERE up in Brunswick about a month ago. It's not that bad at all. It really does make you think about our freedom and our National Ensign in a different way.

I'm an 0331 Marine obviously and coming up on the end of my first enlistment here in a few months. I hated that some navy LTJG was trying to tell us how to patrol and other field stuff. Geezz Other than that I have no complants. great school and it is better if you don't know whats happening next.
Our "O"s knew there place (not in the woods that is )... me and my boy swapped out between point and nav for our team for the entire time, and they looked to us for all of the answers
Old 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

I stayed Point the whole time. And we definatly made it where we needed to be. We had a 0-1 Nav guy that flew in P-3's, since his actual job was to be a navigator we felt ok with him being our Nav guy. Our officers really didn't do bad at all, they were smart guys. It would just bother me when they would question stuff, that is obviously my job to know. What was worse then the navy officers, were the navy enlisted. Holy crap only one way to describe it, "LOST in the sauce". I'll leave it at that out of respect for the other branches...

Great school though. Those guys give 110% to give us the most realistic training they can. I wish they could actually do a little more then they could. But rules are rules after all. And they are for our saftey. Oh and the day you get back I drank one beer at dinner, oh and I had to stop there. Talk about cheap drunk. Just don't eat an run around in the woods for a week.

SAPPER, I didn't cry... I didn't know anybody did cry weird

Last edited by ls1ssdavid; 10-28-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

jbusmc1986, You stationed at Cherry Point I take it? My brother is a Sgt down there. Don't know airwing units all that well. You might see him driving around. His has a silver 00 z28. He's taken off the badges. But you will definatly know it's a z28 if you hear it. He's got a few things done to it. There can't be that many F-body's on Cherry Point. But that's his weekend warrior. So... you may have to look around awhile.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whats his name.... what kinda planes does he work on?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

SF SERE at JFK sucks.

Quick Reply: SERE training