Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Im curious about your branch pride

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK for all the Marines out there just remember you are a DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY!!!

So when send ya'll out there while we sit back and party when we hit ports.

But i do have to say that we are over there to now. I just happen to be one of the lucky one that deploys with the Army and the Marines. So me and my Military Working Dog join ya'll in the front!!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh ya listen to this!!!

http://www.wakinupwiththewolf.com/timages/page/media/navy_spot.mp3
Old 08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Bottom line is no matter what service we are in, we are all bound to be replaced soon by contractors / mercenaries, lol...
Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thunder175
Bottom line is no matter what service we are in, we are all bound to be replaced soon by contractors / mercenaries, lol...
Dont forget the robots
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Thunder175

KBR to the Rescue, following Blackwater of course
Old 08-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
OK for all the Marines out there just remember you are a DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY!!!
you are correct abou this... but we're the Men's Department J/K

as for all the AF guys saying blah blah blah about the ASVAB and whatever else, I hope you dont sweat too much running your little PT test indoors on a track... I scored higher on that dumb test (ASVAB) than the vast majority of people in the Military, I CHOSE to be a Marine for other reasons.

I think everyone should just can the BS about who's better and everything else, its stupid. Do I think every branch has its own little niche? absolutely, or we wouldnt exist. Everyone has their *** on their back about the branch they're in because everyone, in some form, has been taught to be kinda cocky, face it. Whether it took you 13 weeks to learn it, 6 weeks, 9, whatever... its our nature because we are HANDS DOWN, the best military force in the world, and we are because everyone has their place in the puzzle. Just keep all the punches above the belt with the **** talking...
Old 08-23-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

A/F PT test consist of...
-Waist Size
-Mile 1/2 Run (We have an indoor track but never had my PT test inside)
-Sit-ups
-Push-ups

I'm going to go watch my big screen at work now.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=silver-mod-o]you are correct abou this... but we're the Men's Department J/K

as for all the AF guys saying blah blah blah about the ASVAB and whatever else, I hope you dont sweat too much running your little PT test indoors on a track... I scored higher on that dumb test (ASVAB) than the vast majority of people in the Military, I CHOSE to be a Marine for other reasons.

QUOTE]

Haha that mens department **** is hilarious.
Now Im not calling you a liar, but every marine & army guy Ive ever ran into told me the same ****, "I scored so high on the asvab I could have any job I want." yea right.
Dont get me wrong I like you guys, especially the army guys since I work on gunships, all the army guys always have been cool with me. I just think its funny everyone in the military is a damn genius.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I agree there too, "everyone" is a genius ... I have been offered many jobs when I get out making 100K + doing a myriad of different things. I dont feel called out or anything... I know there's tons of BS'rs in the military...
Old 08-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
-Waist Size
-Sit-ups
-Push-ups

Once they get away from the elastic tape around the waist they might make some progress.... Trust me, taping is a joke. Seen guys that were 2% Body Fat, ripped like a MF, max the APFT (17-21 scale) and still get the boot!

I agree, BS'rs in the services are rampant, must be something they issue out during recruitment... I dont claim to be a genius, hell I was stuck at E-6 for 8yrs cuz I wasn't smart enough to get out of a dying MOS! Its all good though, once we all retire we'll meet at a VFW where everyone was a 1SGT/Sergeants Major or WTFE....now theres some story telling there!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Once they get away from the elastic tape around the waist they might make some progress.... Trust me, taping is a joke. Seen guys that were 2% Body Fat, ripped like a MF, max the APFT (17-21 scale) and still get the boot!

I agree, BS'rs in the services are rampant, must be something they issue out during recruitment... I dont claim to be a genius, hell I was stuck at E-6 for 8yrs cuz I wasn't smart enough to get out of a dying MOS! Its all good though, once we all retire we'll meet at a VFW where everyone was a 1SGT/Sergeants Major or WTFE....now theres some story telling there!
I couldn't agree with you more. That tape is deff hurting some people. My supervisor maxes out on everything and fails because of his waist... its bullshit.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

The waist thing is weird, for us you only get taped if you are above the weight limits (which, some of us are due to muscle not fat.) I am over for my weight and height (6'1 is like 208lbs or something i forgot) but they dont even bother with the tape, as they can see it isn't fat. They only use tape for us when you are over for actual weight issues and it might be close. Odd.
I am not BS'ing about the asvab score though, I can tak ea screen shot of my line scores :-P not the best ever but eh. im not bs'ing.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by craparo
The waist thing is weird, for us you only get taped if you are above the weight limits (which, some of us are due to muscle not fat.) I am over for my weight and height (6'1 is like 208lbs or something i forgot) but they dont even bother with the tape, as they can see it isn't fat. They only use tape for us when you are over for actual weight issues and it might be close. Odd.
I am not BS'ing about the asvab score though, I can tak ea screen shot of my line scores :-P not the best ever but eh. im not bs'ing.

Army is set up if you dont meet the screening table for your height vs weight, you get taped. Caveat, if you are thought to be out of standards, then a tape can be performed. However, there are always ways around things, just a matter of time before the standards are enforced and tubby has to bounce. I just dont get it, I've known lots of ppl that taped over, and many of them knew the day was coming but did nothing to change.
So we're going to post line scores now? I'll have to figure out how to do that w/o copying the SSN. Hmm... Well, got the attachment showing line scores, clipped from my ERB. Not sure WTF this is supposed to mean other than maybe Army doesn't necessarily = lower scores! And for those that can read the ERB's, no mine has not been updated by me for a couple years, hence the jacked up dwell time, missing tours etc...I havent been worried about updates since I cant get promoted for another 1.5yrs anyway!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Line Scores.doc (57.5 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by CAT3; 08-23-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Teching In

-Waist Size
-Sit-ups
-Push-ups

You ever stop at the JUICE BAR inside the gym??? First time I saw that I was like WTF???? Never seen that before on an AF base.

I'm sooo glad they did away with the bike test...that thing was such bullshit, probably because I could never pass the damn thing. Seems the only ones that were passing were the fat donut eating chain smokers.

BTW, I was at Moody from 2002-2004. Now I work with a bunch of ex jarheads and squids. But I always tell 'em AF is the best.

Last edited by Vee 6; 08-23-2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's SOME hope for people who are intensely strong and muscle bound when it comes to the AF test, if you can SOMEHOW get under 25.0 BMI you get max points on waist, but sometimes that still doesn't matter. I've tested people I work near that workout 5-6 times a week, run all the time and barely get any points for waist because they're just stout.... they'll learn someday, until then I can thank fate for making me skinny...
Old 08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vee 6
You ever stop at the JUICE BAR inside the gym??? First time I saw that I was like WTF???? Never seen that before on an AF base.

I'm sooo glad they did away with the bike test...that thing was such bullshit, probably because I could never pass the damn thing. Seems the only ones that were passing were the fat donut eating chain smokers.

BTW, I was at Moody from 2002-2004. Now I work with a bunch of ex jarheads and squids. But I always tell 'em AF is the best.
Never did I don't know why. They spent a **** load of money into that place it damn well better have a Juice bar! I thought Moodys Gym is probably one of the best if not the best Gym I've been to base wise. I took the Bike test once and I thought it was dumb but I still passed it. I been at Moody AFB since Nov. 02'.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Some key points why I think the A/F is better.
-$12,000 Bonous and 2 stripes for 6 yr enlistment
The bonus is cool, but free stripes just from contract length does not a leader make.
-Score is higher to join on ASVAB
Depends on the job, as a fire direction controllman, minimum GT score was 105 or something. (mine was 127)
-I been deployed 3 times and not one has gone over 5 months.
I guess this counts as my third deployment, the others being Okinawa and Iraq.
-Better food
Asshat. I went and ate at Kadena every once in a while when I was in Okinawa, those bastards had waiters and ****.
-Sweeter assignments
Marine Security Guard Battalion, 'nuff said.
-Best Air Force in the world. Marines/Navy/Army have aircraft but nothing to match the Air Force.
I don't know, harriers are just cool.
-We get treated better
You get coddled.
-We have Nukes
We had them as well in artillery, we can do just about anything.
-Basic is 6 1/2 weeks long
Once again, asshat.
-I can keep going but I'll stop here
We have way cooler dress uniforms than you, so there!
My gun is (was ) bigger than your gun. 155mm FTW.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Craparo,
Hey man I was at Ramadi for a year with the 2nd BCT, 28th ID PA Army Guard. This was supposevly a Marine AO and we were under the 2nd MEF but there was 95% more Army there then Marines...I was out side the wire every day or and sometimes night as an engineer building O.P.s and crap so dont talk like the Marines were the only ones out side the wire.
We all have and had a tough job to do over there.
Haha here is one that`ll get some cages rattled, but I heard a Marine talking about how all Marines are stone cold killers. This same Marine worked as a cashier in the PX/BX.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by GIJosh
Craparo,
Hey man I was at Ramadi for a year with the 2nd BCT, 28th ID PA Army Guard. This was supposevly a Marine AO and we were under the 2nd MEF but there was 95% more Army there then Marines...I was out side the wire every day or and sometimes night as an engineer building O.P.s and crap so dont talk like the Marines were the only ones out side the wire.
We all have and had a tough job to do over there.
Haha here is one that`ll get some cages rattled, but I heard a Marine talking about how all Marines are stone cold killers. This same Marine worked as a cashier in the PX/BX.

I do like how the Army, after decades of watching Marines train, adopted the "every Soldier is a warrior" concept...something I myself have done with every new Soldier I got. I was trained that way, and I remember my Godfather, Uncle and others telling me that is what makes Marines the Best, they all are infantrymen first, and specialties later!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by GIJosh
Know what gets me rattled? In Okinawa at the PX, they had a picture at the door of a 2 or 3 star general (been a while). It was some lady that had risen to that rank. It had a service record type thing under it to say what she had done during her career. She was a freaking cashier, and a store manager! That's it. I don't remember seeing anything on that paper that strayed even a little from the PX side of things. And she's a general because of that. Sad.

Quick Reply: Im curious about your branch pride