Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

In Tech for E&E at Sheppard

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Z
I'm happy for you, Josh. My car has been in the paint shop for the last few weeks so I kinda know how you have been feeling.
What's it in the paint shop for????
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Paint! Nothing too major just adding a couple of custom touches and fixing paint chips. I just got it back today and it looks really good. Stop by sometime and check it out.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Launching!

I guess I asked for that one!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Ick... Sheppard. I was there for Med. Tech school in 00 and I hated it. Is Graham's Central Station still the only club around? It was either hang out at Graham's or go to PDA Park. I remember flying back there a few years later and all the students saluting us cuz we were in our flight suits.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Nope, no Grahams...no PDA park either. They built a new fitness center where PDA park used to be.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Haha, well I see people have different opinions on things here. So far it doesn't seem so bad. I got the nice fortune of running into Gold Z tonight at Sonic and watching him tear a mustang up (that was me in the red T/A in case you didn't already know), and everything was pretty cool. I look forward to meeting a few more of you guys in my next few months here.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you enjoyed the race. Now that you know where to find us I hope you won't be a stranger.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Charleston's C-17 are over in the Died right now, they get alot of flying time
Old 02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99WS7
And this is coming from a guy stationed at Dyess in Abilene.
we broke in Dyess last week on the way to Elmendorf for a coule of weeks. It went from 70 to 40 with a 35knt wind REAL FAST while we were there. ****, I was damned glad to get to Alaska after THAT misery!! Now it got chilly up here. It was +1 this morning at 0600 on the flightline and supposed to get colder from there. Oh well, they pay me good to be here!! Here's a shot of the heat carts running to warm the engines before we booted the plane.....
Attached Thumbnails In Tech for E&E at Sheppard-get-attachment.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a shot of the heat carts running to warm the engines before we booted the plane.....
Thats a C-130J......what unit in alaska has those?
I thought the Guard and Keesler wasthe only units that had those.
btw, what job do you have?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

yes it's a J and we're from Keesler. Fly winter storms up here every couple of years. Propulsion has been my game for about 25 years or so..........oh, and there are J units coming all over. Baltimore, Rhode Island, the Rock even has a group now. Hold on boys and girls, the J will change the way you do business on a C-130. You can thank us Keesler dorks for fixing most of the screw-ups on them!!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can thank us Keesler dorks for fixing most of the screw-ups on them!!
What!?!?!

I think that would be the Baltimore boys, we had them first
I'm avionics for our 130J's.......didn't your unit just send some J's over to the Deid? We were told when we left that you guys were gonna replace us......
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Launching!

unless they left in the last week or so no, we don't have any over there right now. All our trash haulers are stretches now too. Hey, "WE" did the OT&E on them....you guys were ALWAYS behind the power curve . And when you see the Rolls Royce rep(Kevin) tomorrow tell him Bill says "hoooooooowdy-hoooooooo Keeeeeevin" from Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo. Then smack the shiznit out of him and call him a little fat bastard!! He'll know where it came from and laugh like hell. Then I'll get a call from him......
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

We're loosing all our reps.......
Old 02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilbadz
Haha. Well I got more info today. I start class tomorrow (30-Jan), and should graduate on June 7th. I'm then scheduled to PSC to Charleston AFB, SC. I've never been there but hear it's pretty nice, so I dunno. I'm assigned to the 437th maintenance sq, so I'll probably be working on C-17s. Anybody know what the deployment rate/location of 437th is, and how Charleston AFB is in general to live at?

(Oh btw I'm getting my TA up here to Sheppard on 2/9, woohoo!)
Hey man, keep in touch. I'm at Chaleston. I am Comm/Nav for 437th. I'm civilian so you'll probably see me in shorts and Tshirt when you show up. Unless I get activated again...I'm in reserves here too. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

I like it here. Been in Charleston for about 3 1/2 years. Lots to do around here and you can't beat the weather (I came from PA).There are a lot of deployments but.....it will be a while until you go anywhere. Gotta get that uprgrade training done first.

Also...there are a bunch of car people around. Check out our site if you get a chance. www.fastgm.com

Good luck.

Jason
Old 02-21-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vee 6
Yeah, go to Maximus!! Or stay away from it, however you look at it.
Lol! I was there for 7level school and spent most of my per diem at the Maximus.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jay_99z
Hey man, keep in touch. I'm at Chaleston. I am Comm/Nav for 437th. I'm civilian so you'll probably see me in shorts and Tshirt when you show up. Unless I get activated again...I'm in reserves here too. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

I like it here. Been in Charleston for about 3 1/2 years. Lots to do around here and you can't beat the weather (I came from PA).There are a lot of deployments but.....it will be a while until you go anywhere. Gotta get that uprgrade training done first.

Also...there are a bunch of car people around. Check out our site if you get a chance. www.fastgm.com

Good luck.

Jason
Sweet

Nice to finally get someone who is there and on the flight line. Do they work the E&Es pretty hard around there, and just how often are they deploying right now? I know I probably wont deploy until done with CDCs, but I want to finish my Bachelors and if I'm in Iraq 8 months out of the year that might be hard, which is why I'm asking.

I'll check out the site and definitely keep in touch, will be nice to know some people where I'm going.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your E&E who is your instructor? I might know someone down there to give you a hard time. j/k

Quick Reply: In Tech for E&E at Sheppard