Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Enlisted folks: Lets hear your stupid LT stories!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What an *******....but yeah, apparently he's ABOVE the rules....
Old 02-17-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great stories i must admit.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not exactly an LT story but about a year ago i was working on the quarter deck at campen brig and LTGen Mattis decides to come by for a visit. now following the SOP and being the locked on PFC i was i decide to ask the general to empty his pockets and step through the metal detector. apparently when youve got 3 stars on your collar you can pretty much do anything you want and he was more than a little irritated. needless to say the CO and i had a heart to heart later that day.
If I were your Co I would have made sure to let you know you did the right thing.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a funny story. I (a sgt) and a buddy who was a sgt but just got his butter bars (he hasnt even been to TBS yet) were headding back to the unit after getting some chicken strips at KFC. We are in the parking lot and he is putting his cammy top back on while standing next to the passenger door and he has a chicken strip in his hand. some AF guy in the next spot over notices he is an officer and salutes. well my buddy salutes him back with a chicken strip. I was rolling. I wanted to let the Ltcol in on it so he could bust his ***** about it but decided that I wouldnt. The ltcol would have had some fun with it but he may take it serious too so i felt it was best to not tell him.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by aggiez28
I have a funny story. I (a sgt) and a buddy who was a sgt but just got his butter bars (he hasnt even been to TBS yet) were headding back to the unit after getting some chicken strips at KFC. We are in the parking lot and he is putting his cammy top back on while standing next to the passenger door and he has a chicken strip in his hand. some AF guy in the next spot over notices he is an officer and salutes. well my buddy salutes him back with a chicken strip. I was rolling. I wanted to let the Ltcol in on it so he could bust his ***** about it but decided that I wouldnt. The ltcol would have had some fun with it but he may take it serious too so i felt it was best to not tell him.

LOl saluting with a chicken strip, thats awesome.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aggiez28
LMAO!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is a Lt story in reverse. When I was a young Lt I noticed that from time to time I would get a left handed salute from some enlised guy trying to get a laugh on a young butter bar. I just started returning their salute left handed. It usually took them three or four steps before they kinda did a double take and figured out they had been owned.........
Old 02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Gold Z
This is a Lt story in reverse. When I was a young Lt I noticed that from time to time I would get a left handed salute from some enlised guy trying to get a laugh on a young butter bar. I just started returning their salute left handed. It usually took them three or four steps before they kinda did a double take and figured out they had been owned.........
Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Radio

Aircraft XXX is code 2 Station 7

Run up attach com cord

Me: Sir what seems to be the problem with station 7 weapons system
LT: I couldnt get the Lau-118 to power up and could not get vid, it was like a dead fish

I look at Sta 7 then pilot back to sta 7 then pilot then back to sta 7 then back to pilot

Me: Uh Sir you dont have a Lau-118 on STA 7 you have a Lau -117 on sta 7

Pilot looks at me funny turns around in cockpit, proceeds to place hands on canopy and force himself around to get a good look

LT: I am such a damn idiot
Me: You said it LT remember that

Me: So thats a Code 1 then right
LT: Yea (proceeds to change call to code one over radio)

I must have spent 15 minutes back in the truck holding my side!!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Teching In

we have got this CWO thats ****** great. the other day she was walking into the brig with a cup of coffee in her hand. myself and another Marine salute, she returns our salute with her thermos. we waited til she was safely out of range and were laughing our asses off.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryota
Radio

Aircraft XXX is code 2 Station 7

Run up attach com cord

Me: Sir what seems to be the problem with station 7 weapons system
LT: I couldnt get the Lau-118 to power up and could not get vid, it was like a dead fish

I look at Sta 7 then pilot back to sta 7 then pilot then back to sta 7 then back to pilot

Me: Uh Sir you dont have a Lau-118 on STA 7 you have a Lau -117 on sta 7

Pilot looks at me funny turns around in cockpit, proceeds to place hands on canopy and force himself around to get a good look

LT: I am such a damn idiot
Me: You said it LT remember that

Me: So thats a Code 1 then right
LT: Yea (proceeds to change call to code one over radio)

I must have spent 15 minutes back in the truck holding my side!!
Was this on an F-15? The reason I ask is because I am an F-15 crew chief and the F-15 does not carry a Lau-117 launcher. F-15s carry either the Lau-114 or Lau-128 on their pylons, and Lau-106s on the fuselage. Additionally, F-15Es carry Bru-46s and Bru-47s on the CFTs. If it was an F-15, station 7 would have been either a Lau-106 (F-15C,D) or a Bru-47 (F-15E). Not calling BS, just confused as to what type of Acft this was on?
Old 03-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Teching In

F-16 BLK 50 CCIP modded!!

Standard Config

Sta 3 65 Sta 7 Suu-20

Sta 3 and 7 Lau-118

odd ball config

Sta 3 118 Sta 7 117

These were what they were flying at the time at my last location!!
Old 03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Standard Config

Sta 3 65 Sta 7 Suu-20

Sta 3 and 7 Lau-118

odd ball config

Sta 3 118 Sta 7 117

Way off topic here but how you like SJ? That's one of my top choices for stateside when this fighter wing is finally deactivated early next year
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Teching In

My buddy came from Cannon and he thinks it is alot better, I however think its really sandbox orientated!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Launching!

Standard Config

Sta 3 65 Sta 7 Suu-20

Sta 3 and 7 Lau-118

odd ball config

Sta 3 118 Sta 7 117

Ahh, ok. That makes sense then! I've seen some pilots do some pretty funny things.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wein77
Here is a good one. This was at Camp Casey, Korea 2-9 INF "Manchu" in 99. I have a handle full of new cherry PVT. I have them PMCS the Bradleys, in my platoon. They then finish doing level one. So I had them a hammer and and white chalk. Tell them to tap on the Bradley and find all of the soft spots on it and then circle it with the chalk. So the PVTs are all doing this. Us NCO's are all laughing and he comes are new LT. He asked us what the PVTs were doing to we explained to him that they are looking for soft spots on the Bradley.
LT asked us if we had an extra hammer and here he is hammering away on the Bradley and marking all the spots. They all finish checking for soft spots. Then I tell them that we are going to check the shocks. So I have a PVT and LT standing next to me looking at the shocks with two PVTs up on top of the Bradley jumping up and down trying to get the shocks to move.
The LT gets on top of the Bradley and the other PVT. So here you have three PVTs and an LT jumping up and down trying to get the shocks on the Bradley to move. Still there is nothing going on. Two of us NCOs are laughing at them.
Then my CPT walks up and pulls me to the side and said that the LT was off limits for the NCOs and that was his job of breaking in the new LTs. After my CPT leaves with the LT. My CSM and 1SG walk up and give give me high five and told me that was a good job.

for some of you the shocks are filled with grease. You are not going to move those shocks. They are mainly there to keep the tracks tight.
****** pimptastic!
Old 03-19-2007, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

His name is MG James Thurman.
He is not in iraq anymore but he is my division commander 4ID Fort Hood TX. and he is a very smart guy.
when i first got to the unit i am in now 1-66 ar we had a tank gunnery and one of the lt's who i s now a cpt was leaving we duct taped him to the gun tube and during tableVIII we stuck his beret in the gun tube and shot it downrange. he was soo mad he wouldn't even talk to us at all for the next week

Last edited by JohnFrazee02SS; 03-19-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

First off, you're all a bunch of ******** for crackin on comissioned officers....... J/K

I'm a newb LT, so I'd better make fun of myself. I was walking back to my office from the gym, and I got the urge to **** really bad. I walked into the closest building I saw figuring it would have a bathroom. It ended up being a barracks for student maintainers. I walked up to the Private standing duty. He locked his body up and gave me a full report. I totally wasn't expecting it. I said "uh, yeah. Carry on. Where's the head?" He told me it was to the right. Every time anyone walked into the door after that, the private shouted "Carry on! The head is to the right!" Finally, a SSGT blasted out of his office and told the private "shut the **** up and stop mocking the poor lost LT!" Thoroughly embarrassed, I ducked out of a back door.

For all you air traffic controllers:
I have yet to successfully say "break runway 14" when talking to the tower over homefield. I have said:
"bweak runay 14,5,6,7,8"
"bweak one way 14"
"Break runray 14"
"Break runway........." ATC: "14 sir" ME: "yeah that one"
I don't know why it's soo hard to talk on the radio in an airplane.

EDIT: Feel free to make fun of my screename. I do. There were 200 variations of "malice" already taken.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LT Malice
First off, you're all a bunch of ******** for crackin on comissioned officers....... J/K
Well, at least you're a good sport about it... some aren't.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Snootch
Well, at least you're a good sport about it... some aren't.
****'em if they can't take a joke...

Butter bars ftw

Quick Reply: Enlisted folks: Lets hear your stupid LT stories!