Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

anybody been to Bagram?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anybody been to Bagram?

I'm going there in May and just wanted to know some stuff about it. I'll be working at the EMEDS hospital there.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

They have a nice Gym,,, a massage parlor (russian's),,, Burger King, Pizza, a small mall..,, all right there on the base... Yes, it is an AF Base...

I passed through there from time to time while flying from Southern Afghanistan to Kabul and abroad... ( ETT U.S Army)

It's an easy 18 for you guy's....

Also, an awesome memorial for Pat Tillman...

there is also a small community right outside the gates.. Don't venture out alone..
Old 02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there in 2003 and apparently they built alot of new stuff so i can help you. i liked it there though. have fun, be safe
Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Just got back from there in September, granted I am Air Force but Security Forces so none of the 3-4 month stuff for me, I was there for 7 1/2 months and was all over that base, let me see what I can tell ya. The base itself is run by the army(2 star), the flightline(even the army side) is controlled by air force(1 star). There is a big BX/PX on the North side of the base and a smaller one on the south side. In between them there is a Dairy queen, a coffee shop, subway, and a gym. Across the street next to the korean compound is a burger, hotdog tent. Basically the backyard barbeque tent, baked beans, the whole nine yards. The big BX has a Burger King, a popeyes, a pizza place, an italian resteraunt, and a coffee shop. It also has numerous gift vendors around it. There is a barber shop here. It is here where you will be able to get your cell phones, cable hookup, internet hookup etc. The education center is beside it with a sports apparell place next to it. there is another chow hall across the street. The small BX has a chow hall behind it and a barber shop beside it. There is a crossroads in the middle where there is a big artillery cannon setup. There you will see the clamshell that houses the gym. Behind it(down the road) you will find the Korean chow hall. Right up from that(south) is the main chow hall. Behind it you will find the finance center and the recreation hut. Right as you get off the plane you should see the Pat Tillman center, it has internet hookup, coffee shop, big screen TV, playstation and xbox, and books. Right up from it is the airforce compound on the right, and straight ahead will be the crossroads.
On this base you will have all branches of US. Koreans have a compound, there is also brit's there.
Do not go where it is marked mined, they are there have no doubt. Even if it does not say mined, try not to go off the paved surface. A month before I got there a contractor went onto the flightline and walked about 40ft into the grass of the "de-mined" area...BOOM! I talked to the mine action center and got a copy of the mined, demined area for my job and you would not believe where all the mines are.
There is not a lot of activity on base as far as terrorist. When I got there, within a month we had 3 mortar attacks(1 on base 2 off, they can't aim for ****) and 1 rocket attack that hit off base. When the army changed commands and the 10th mountain came in, all that stopped. You still hear fire but it is coming from the villages outside of base, they don't like each other too well and they show it by launching RPG's and rockets at each other.
My experience at that base was a great one, great deployment.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Its not bad over there we had it pretty gravey work 8 hour day 6 days a week. Bx was nice DFAC sucked aka chow hall. Over all nice deployment only had 2 suicide bombers and 1 rocket attack no injuries or real damage I belive. Have fun I'm wondering if i'm going on our next deployment coming up since I just got here. They like to send new people wonder why I'll still go better pay and way better at tax time

Quick Reply: anybody been to Bagram?