Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Another AF deployment...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Since when did the airforce do anything on a real deployment?

Only when you grunts need air support to save your asses.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get real dude. You're complaining because you couldn't wear your special favorite hat? WTF?!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Teching In

No, but what base says you can't wear any hat other than in uniform? We thought it was pretty gay they would make a big deal over something like that.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

mhmmm... yeeeeaaahhh.....

it was worse in vietnam, and then ww2, then ww1... none of us can complain
Old 02-14-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Three words: ground control intercept.

Or how about another three words which might make more sense to you?

TROOPS IN CONTACT.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Goddamnit, anyone bashing sister branches needs to promptly STFU. We're in the same military, fighting the same war, for the same reason. Pull your closed-minded heads out of your wound-up asses.

Good luck, Wicked.

As for the Air Force not doing anything on a deployment, go talk to the three EOD guys that just got killed in Bagdad. I knew one of them.

There's no war without any one branch - stop bitching.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

lets attack china instead.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vee 6
Al Udeid is a nice place to deploy but man, that place pissed me off with their stupid *** dress codes. We stopped there on our way home for a couple of days after leaving a 4 month deployment from Balad, Iraq. A bunch of us get our rooms and changed into civilian clothes. Most of us were wearing hats cuz it was hot as **** outside...well after an hour of walking around checking out the main mall area some ******* tells us we have to take off our hats cuz we're not allowed to wear them...it's part of the "rules". WTF??? After that little incident I said **** that place.

Yea I totally understand...I'm deployed here now and it's the one thing that pisses me off the most. I've been here for about 40 days now and I'm fawking tired of wearing pt gear everyday after work.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:04 AM
On The Tree

I just got back from Bagram, Afghanistan about 4 1/2 months ago, I was gone for 7 1/2 months(Security Forces). We got mortared at rocketed and went on convoys, one convoy actually broke down in the same valley Tillman(GRHS) got killed at. Army convoy went by and couldn't stop(mission). All our guys made it back safe thanks to a german convoy on their way back. I worked hand in hand with the army and actually worked the JCOC, I saw what the other side had to deal with on a daily basis. Saw way too many fallen comrades ceremonies than I would have liked. But the fact of the matter is, no matter who you are, what branch you are in, if we all didn't work together nothing would get done. You can't say that my group is the best because blah blah. I do this and that. From what I saw there, if the army didn't secure the base, the planes wouldn't fly. If the planes didn't fly, there would be no ground support for troops in contact. If there were no ground support for the troops, they couldn't secure the base. Kind of funny how that all ties in together, don't ya think? So before you go judging someone because of their branch and what you think they do or don't do, remember there is no U.S. without US.

Told to me once by a Marine-"There is nothing else I would rather see, than an F-16 flying over me."
Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

We Marines do love that air support...nothin's cooler than watching flyboys light up the mother f*cker thats been taking pot shots at you.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

must be nice being able to get on the internet huh.......and eating the crazy **** u eat and playing video games all day.....must be nice........
Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer
must be nice being able to get on the internet huh.......and eating the crazy **** u eat and playing video games all day.....must be nice........
Where in the **** do you get your information from? All you going to do with that comment was make yourself look like more of a jarhead or grunt or just a plain ole ******** that you are. Obviously you haven't read the responses above, or just plain can't read. Oh well, it's asses like you that give a bad name to the military.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Splitz
Where in the **** do you get your information from? All you going to do with that comment was make yourself look like more of a jarhead or grunt or just a plain ole ******** that you are. Obviously you haven't read the responses above, or just plain can't read. Oh well, it's asses like you that give a bad name to the military.
Whoa Splitz! Breathe bro. Let stang slayer be, he's prob just bullshi**ing everyone. Anyway, when you call one of us a Jarhead, grunt, or ********, that is a compliment. Call him a fairy or something.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

lol sorry...call me a grunt or marine all u want....dont give a ****....sorry bout the comment earlier was drunk and ****....

Its not ur fault u have it so easy....sorry bro not the place to be posting **** like that...
Old 02-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

not to be a dick but you said you were on your 3rd deployment in 5 years, but i just hit 3 years 3 months and i am on my 3rd as well. suck it up do you job come back and have fun.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

All I can say is that the died was a vacation when we stopped there for 3 days on our way back from balad. I'd rather be deployed there. Drink rations, need I say more???
Old 03-15-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer
lol sorry...call me a grunt or marine all u want....dont give a ****....sorry bout the comment earlier was drunk and ****....

Its not ur fault u have it so easy....sorry bro not the place to be posting **** like that...
It's not your fault you can't type out your words like a grown man.

Fairy.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are not bashing the AF or Marines or Navy, we are just saying we don't want to hear you complain about Qatar or any beer drinking POGE Base like that. If your goin to the **** ie, Iraq, Afgan, Iran, Pakistan or any **** hole like that yourmore then welcome b/c then your life is going to suck but seriously...
FWIW, my AF Organization of about 2200 people total, deploys over 600 EE civilians, officers, and enlisted Airmen per year, ranging from 179 to 365 day deployments, primarily to Bagdad, Bagram, and Kandahar. We've had 2 civilian KIAs and nearly 2-dozen WIAs of almost all ranks and grades. So in case anyone thinks there isn't AF on the ground getting shot at, you're wrong, certainly not in the numbers like Marines and Army, but lets face it, the Air Force wasn't meant to be a ground force.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah...the Deid is a vacation spot compared to other areas...plenty of hot water...internet cafe...Subway, Pizza Hut, Rec room with Xbox 360 and all the Halo 2 you can play...24hr chow hall and 3 beers a day! Not bad at all compared to the guys that are burning their own **** in barrels....

It does suck for the cops though...next to the AFSOC community I think they are the most frequently deployed (hell, AFSOC doesn't even acknowledge the AEF cycle). Of course there are many reasons we AF bubbas didn't join the Army...and 12 month deployments is one of them. Remember, nobody got drafted here and you all read that piece of paper you signed right? You guys looking at the Blue to Green program make sure you remember that stuff...

Its all good though...everybody has a role to play and the ground pounders get my respect any day for walking around with a bullseye on there back in the daylight. One of the biggest thrills I get is landing somewhere to pick those guys up to bring them home safe...we all may be tools of the establishment...but without everybody the machine doesn't work.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Teh Wicked
BAH! I haven't even been here a month and im already sick of it! maybe it because I have been here before? Anyways, this is my 3rd deployment in my 5 year career. 1st was to Al Udeid, Qatar back in November of 2003-March 2004 for a total of 126 days, after that I was home for a bit and came to Kyrgyrzstan for 137 days starting in April 2005-September 2005 and no im back in this **** hole and its cold as hell!!!
Get used to it. Since 9-11 deployments have become more common and have went from 3 months to 4 and now the AF is planning to push it to 6 so I am told.

Is your shop/base undermanned? Mine is, and that means everyone is going on about every third deployment.

Udeid might suck but consider it a vacation. At least you get to drink beer there. I've been to Camp Snoopy Qatar, then to Ali Al Salem Kuwait and I just did get back from Bagram AB Afghanistan. Kuwait and Afghani are dry countries. We did get attacked a few times at Bagram.

You should go to the Deid in the middle of summer like I was. Humidity was 90%. Forget about your uniform being pressed, you'll sweat so much it'll look like someone dumped a bucket of water on you.

Quick Reply: Another AF deployment...