Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Another AF deployment...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
Get used to it. Since 9-11 deployments have become more common and have went from 3 months to 4 and now the AF is planning to push it to 6 so I am told.

Is your shop/base undermanned? Mine is, and that means everyone is going on about every third deployment.

Udeid might suck but consider it a vacation. At least you get to drink beer there. I've been to Camp Snoopy Qatar, then to Ali Al Salem Kuwait and I just did get back from Bagram AB Afghanistan. Kuwait and Afghani are dry countries. We did get attacked a few times at Bagram.

You should go to the Deid in the middle of summer like I was. Humidity was 90%. Forget about your uniform being pressed, you'll sweat so much it'll look like someone dumped a bucket of water on you.
I'm in the Deid now and it's ok. 3 beers a day is nothing to get jealous about. I was in Kuwait City last year living in a 5 star hotel making $96 a day. Now that **** was a joke of a deployment.

Maintenance doesn't use any kind of AEF schedule either.....I was only home for 7 months then back out again both times non volunteer.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:14 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys crack me up. I know many have deployed more than me but hearing a complaint about 3 deployments in 5 years has me

I've been in AFSOC the last 13 years. I have never been on an AEF...because my unit has never been home long enough to get on one.... my unit hasn't left the theater since Nov 2001. (yes, over 5 years) 90 days gone, 60 days home...I'd love to go once for 4-5 months and be done for a year and a half
I've been to 4 'stans, Romania, Bagram, Kuwait etc... and just missed a "voluntold" for a year in Balad.
Here's to all you convoy guys I wish they would try to get me on one of those. I'd grab my pen and ask "Where do I sign my article 15?"
Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02gixxersix
I'm in the Deid now and it's ok. 3 beers a day is nothing to get jealous about. I was in Kuwait City last year living in a 5 star hotel making $96 a day. Now that **** was a joke of a deployment.

Maintenance doesn't use any kind of AEF schedule either.....I was only home for 7 months then back out again both times non volunteer.
I'm going on a deployment with whatever beer I want to drink, but won't make that sorta money and it's not even in the sandbox. Let's not talk about joke Least you were makin the bucks

Quick Reply: Another AF deployment...