Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Funny deployment stories

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:00 PM
JUICED96Z

Default Funny deployment stories

My father just got back from his two weeks in FL. Air Guard 16 wrench turner, well he sits in the truck mostly these days and does more supervisor type stuff.

On his 49th birthday he was going around and signing off the jets and one of the guys said there was a crack in one of the jets and he needed to go look at it ASAP and its down in the intake.

He walks over and looks in the intake and takes a picture of what he sees.

One of his guys inspecting the fan blades with his butt crack hanging out

Not missing a beat he says to the guy next to him "think we should get the engine shop guys out here? That looks pretty bad"

Then yells down to his guy in the intake and says "That looks REALLY girly man, I am not so sure I would be showing that off!"

They took their two seater down and one of the active duty pilots was going to ride back seat. Cam walking out to the jet with a closed can of Mt Dew!!!!

Father and some of the other guys tell him he can't take that up and he says why and they say "can't have drinks in the cockpit because of the electrical stuff ect ect" His reply was "but I just got it"

Something tells me an open can of Mt Dew would not do good in a jet regardless of the electrical!

Father says "leave it here with us and it will be here when you get back" so he does and my father gives it to one of his guys.

They all then take the can and sit it out in the sun, shake it up really good, give it back to him when he gets back......

Some pilots are not the brightest......

At dinner one of his guys said "man your old and dress like it to" he said "yeah and I have also been in a lot longer then you have been alive and could be your dad, if your dad joined the same day you were born Id still would have more time in then him!

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 03-20-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morons and their drinks and **** in the cockpit... I was checking for FO in the cockpit one night after pulling the seat out of a F16, and found a half full water bottle of tobacco spit behind the seat support rails... Naasstttyyy.... Of course if that were me that dropped that I'd be 1 or 2 stripes less than I am now, but since it was a pilot I'm sure nothing came of it. It got passed all the way up to our commander but I imagine the pilot blamed his crew chief or just got a slap on the wrist...
Old 03-19-2007, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn ACC sure sounds strict. Our pilots leave all types of food and drinks in the cockpit. More of a pain in the *** to clean up after them than anything.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A can or an empty water bottle is one thing, I've found tons of those. A half used spit bottle is a completely different animal. Nasty...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 AM
JUICED96Z

On the 16's is there enough room for a bottle or can to get suck behined one of the rubber pedals? That would be SPOOKY!

Get shot down or crash because something got stuck under a pedal that the pilot took on the plane with him......
Old 03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a funny deployment story. as always i was in the gunners hole on the humvee. and on msr Tampa north of baghdad there was some kind of cordon and being on mitt we completly ignored the rules of engagement and the bde commanders rules so we went around through the medain and hit a huge bump in the middle and launched the humvee. Capt. Azzone who was gunning the humvee in front said we were about 5ft off the ground, it was a rough landing and i got thrown around and hit my left eye on the 240b and had a huge black eye for weeks. i told anyone who asked what happened that i got in a fight with an Iraqi he got one good punch but i got the better of him.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
JUICED96Z

I went to school with a guy that was ARMY Infantry in IRAQ for OIF.

He had some crazy stories.

They ignoored the speed limits

He did not know just how fast M1A2's are on flat level ground

When my father was over there but in Turkey the pilots (I know one of themm some what) decided to get REALLY drunk.... REALLY REALLY drunk. WHen I sawy REALLY I mean RREEEAAALLLYYY drunk.

Found a TON of shipping pallets and stacked them really high. I guess even stacked up some around it to stand on and make it even higher.

One of them thought it would be cool to light it on fire. Well in a matter of about a good minute it was a HUGE fireball! HUGE! They took off running and ran into my dad and the other crew chiefs. They show him what they did and the crew chiefs decided it would be best to "hide the pilots"

By the time the fire department got there is was about to engulf the tents from tent city around it. Cops went around looking for who did and and nobody knew LOL.

I ran into one of them i knew about a year later and I said "So I hear the crew chiefs saved your guys butts and kept you out of jail" He about fell over laughing and said "yeah they kept us out of jail" I simply replied with "silly officers"

He was at our school (aviation maintence at Indianapolis International and also know one of the crew chiefs that was there) and I asked if he could do something cool when he left and he said "I might be able to do that"

Took off did a good 9 G turn 180 degrees back towards the airport, did a low level fly by over us and pulled hard to straight vertical while twisting...... Only thing cooler was when my dad got is flight and I was standing in the back of the truck on the end up the TAXI way as they flew over me low enough that I could sew the pannels.

Still have the HUD video and you can see the truck and someone in the back LOL

Quick Reply: Funny deployment stories