Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

nco's and power trip stories

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
At the shop I work at we are severely undermanned and some of the NCO's here have IMO shittier attitudes than some of the airman.

One of the NCO's doesn't think the airman should get a 2 day comp time off work after working saturday and sunday. And yet they wonder why people don't want to come to work and actually try.

Then we have a SNCO that thinks only of herself and could give a **** less if you were dying for a break-nope she's first, you last. I ever saw a guy retire because he couldn't stand being around her.

And that's here at No Hope Pope next to Ft. Fagg.....this place is the place where no one knows what the **** their doing and wants you to bend over and take it in the *** with no lube....
Wow... you actutally get 2 day comp time off !? The Corps idea of time off is the 7 to 9 hours they let you off work to go sleep. If you didnt get things you needed done in that time frame tough ****. And IF you get a 96 or 72 you can bet your *** youre working the next weekend the whole way through.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

I'm an E-4 in the Air Foce, been in for almost four years now... In the short amount of time I have been in the military, I have learned a lot of little things, but these are the most important things:

1. You can BS the people that you work for, you can sort of BS the people you work with, but you can NEVER BS the people that work for you. They see right through that **** because they see everything you do.

2. If someone who outranks you tells you to do something a certain way, just shut up and do it that way without asking why. Not because they outrank you, or the respect-the-rank speech, but for the simple fact that if you ask why, you will hear the dumbest reason possible, and it will just **** you off even more. Not to mention, if something goes wrong, it's their ***, not yours.

3. What makes a good officer, SNCO, or NCO is the ability to lead and get the mission accomplished in the most efficient way possible. The most efficient way possible isn't making the Airmen, Soldiers, Marines, and Sailors hate you, but to make them want you to succeed, not get kicked in the ***** during an exercise, or use your mouth for a clearing barrell....

4. The Air Force is just one big dog and pony show.

That's pretty much it from what I've noticed...
Old 05-13-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrLM7
or use your mouth for a clearing barrell....
Wow. That's pretty funy.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

1. You can BS the people that you work for, you can sort of BS the people you work with, but you can NEVER BS the people that work for you. They see right through that **** because they see everything you do.
Ooooh yea.

2. If someone who outranks you tells you to do something a certain way, just shut up and do it that way without asking why. Not because they outrank you, but for the simple fact that if you ask why, you will hear the dumbest reason possible, and it will just **** you off even more. Not to mention, if something goes wrong, it's their ***, not yours.
Aint that the truth.

3. What makes a good officer, SNCO, or NCO is the ability to lead and get the mission accomplished in the most efficient way possible. The most efficient way possible isn't making the Airmen, Soldiers, Marines, and Sailors hate you, but to make them want you to succeed, not get kicked in the ***** during an exercise, or use your mouth for a clearing barrell....
awsome. I love that line. I'm stealing that.

Originally Posted by h8s2w8
Wow... you actutally get 2 day comp time off !? The Corps idea of time off is the 7 to 9 hours they let you off work to go sleep. If you didnt get things you needed done in that time frame tough ****. And IF you get a 96 or 72 you can bet your *** youre working the next weekend the whole way through.
Yea, and that's IF you get a 96 or 72. I've been in for 3 1/2 years and haven't had one yet. I haven't had 2 day's off in a row yet either... guuuuhhh.

Aezerafel: You haven't been to Japan yet have you? Pray you never do. Pray.

Last edited by tCTech; 05-15-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Give it time you will see.
honestly man the problems you have had are probably because you don't speak up to make any changes.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Staging Lane

Sparky: You in the Marines? If we speak up to change something, and we're not an officer or E-7 +, things just get worse. Trust me.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69Nova355
One of the NCO's doesn't think the airman should get a 2 day comp time off work after working saturday and sunday. And yet they wonder why people don't want to come to work and actually try.
Damn you mean you actually get comp days..... must be nice most of the time we don't even get one comp day, and NEVER EVER get two for working saturdays and sundays

Originally Posted by sparky t/a
i'm only an e-3 right now but the unit i am working with here at tyndall is great, everyone respects everyone and everyone works together to complete the work.
wow that is amazing and what do you do? carreer? it can't be flight line maint.

yes you can I do it everyday.... hahaha in the case of our flight chiefs most of them have never worked a B-1 so it is easy if you really want to mess with them we have had a few that are really lazy and all they care about is "their image"
2. If someone who outranks you tells you to do something a certain way, just shut up and do it that way without asking why. Not because they outrank you, or the respect-the-rank speech, but for the simple fact that if you ask why, you will hear the dumbest reason possible, and it will just **** you off even more. Not to mention, if something goes wrong, it's their ***, not yours.
Not always the case, You know how to do the job the right way just because somebody that outranks you tells you to do it another way doesn't make it right... And after all you are the one doing the job not him/her. And if you are in the maint. career your the one that's signing off the job pretty much saying that it is done right.

4. The Air Force is just one big dog and pony show.
That again all depends on your job and your supervision. I will say that it is BS that they can suspend flying for a day to try and make the flightline and all the hangers looks really clean. In my opinion let those generals and what not come into your shop and see how things get down day to day, if chits fucked up let them see it, if you cover it up they are just going to think everything if fine F&*^ that S*&%

Originally Posted by tCTech
Sparky: You in the Marines? If we speak up to change something, and we're not an officer or E-7 +, things just get worse. Trust me.
In most cases I will completely agree with you, supervision is always telling us "if you don't like it figure out a way to fix it" so you come up with something and bring it up to them and they think it is a good idea they tell their boss only they take credit for it, and if it is a bad idea then it will just get swept under the rug and things just stay the same.

I don't consider myself to be a bad NCO or a great NCO, at work I pretty much treat everyone I work with the same reguardless of rank. I am a SSgt so if a Amn is a good kid and a good worker I leave them alone, but if they suck as a worker and have a shitty atitude then I'll bust his *****, may not make him work harder or faster but he'll think about not re-uping and that's what I care about. I don't need that kind of kid in my shop.

Now if I work with another NCO that out ranks me and he/she is cool and a good "leader" then everythings good but if you got one that isn't then that brings everybody below him/her down I don't stand for that crap either, straight up tell that person that they are doing a shitty job and help them if they need it but if it don't get better then go to the person above them. Again if that person is a POS then I don't need him/her in my shop

I could rant on this for hours espcially if I started drinking hahaha but I'll leave it alone from here
Old 05-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Teching In

Yes h8s2w8 and frisky, typically the way it works is you come in sat and sun and work 12 and 12, then you're awarded 2 days off. It's a way of boosting morale.

But some don't see it that way....which is fine for someone that didn't do **** all weekend, not fine for the guy that busted his ***.

This of course is at home station, not out in Afghani or Iraq.

Of course I've not heard anything good about Le Jeune or Dyess either.....
Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

yeah my wife works in LRS at Dyees (coso for those flightline guys) when she works the weekend she gets two week days off, but not the flightline guys hell we are lucky if we see one comp day
Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00silver6
Just courious to see what stories people have, and situations they were in and or the outcome if any.
Are we all bad? "DAY"

E-6 here that had 15 yrs 11mo. working in the ditches in CES 3E4x1 Air Force. Then the Air Force said get out or cross train so here i sit doing CDC's for yet another job. With the talks of another merger after i went through one on my old job.

I try to go off of the ideal if you take care of your ppl then they take care of you. Then you have some Airmen that just don't catch on and drag the other airmen with them. You have to do something about at that point and sometimes it has to be drastic to turn them around or start that paper trail to kick them out. If you don't have paper work to back up your problem child then they get to sit here and draw a pay check like everyone of thier rank.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y'all need to get back to ******* work instead of ******* off here.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

And what are you doing?

Quick Reply: nco's and power trip stories